Please Dont Get a Threadlift - You Will Be Sorry

I am a very ordinary person so please listen to me...

I am a very ordinary person so please listen to me.

I went to the BEST plastic surgeon and he did a wonderful job doing the procedure BUT my THEADLIFT was A BIG MISTAKE MISTAKE MISTAKE. Even with the best surgeon/I paid alot of money/I had no complications/ BUT it was still a mistake I REGRET and I write here just to try and help you if you are considering a threadlift.

Bruises takes weeks to heal. You often feel tension in your face. Your activities are restricted way more than warned. It lasts maybe 6 months and then NOTHING. A waste of time and money and not even worth it if FREE. I often still get discomfort and tension from the strings in my face.

BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE.

Even the best doctor should not do it

I wish I knew what I know now about the thread lift. It is not worth the money. The pain is unbearable. The lift only last for 4 to 6 months, the threads come out of your skin causing bleeding and pain. I look worse now than I did when I got the threads done. My face is so saggy...i was trying to achieve the disappearance of the nasal folds.

I'm sorry to hear about your ordeal, cancan! My first thread lift was for nasolabial folds too, and it HURT awfully the first day or so. I'm guessing there's a lot of sensitive nerves in the mid-face region that can get tweaked. (I've had the procedure done on my jaw line and the pain was practically nil.) My experience is opposite to yours - I really wasn't fully satisfied until 4-6 months had passed. How is it now, 6 months after you wrote? Hope it got better.
Thanks
I am 35 years old and I think I need to do thread lift, but I am so scared I want to know is it risky surgery?and after surgery will I get happy?

Well Haydi,

Here are five people who are happy from their procedures, so you might want to check out their reviews. Please keep me updated,

-Britt

Britt,
I do not mean to disrespect you and I am sure you are trying to be helpful. However, I feel compelled to suggest that your reply to Haydi is very irresponsible. This is because you refer Haydi to 5 people who are happy with the threadlift procedure - but you do not refer her to the larger majority that are unhappy with the procedure - most of whom are extremely unhappy.

I would guess Haydi has read these reviews, so I feel very concerned that she did not heed the overwhelming warning against the procedure.

Haydi or anyone else, if you are still actually considering a threadlift then you need to reread the bad reviews.

Yes, as Britt suggests, do check out the reviews of the people who are happy. I just did that - and there is no way I can see that their reviews would convince anyone to get a threadlift.

Britt, I apologise again, but for such an overwhelmingly bad procedure I felt I had to warn Haydi against it more strongly than you did.

Hi Be warned,

You are right that a number of people have had negative experiences with thread lift, but this site provides both positive and negative opinions about procedures. Haydi asked if she would be happy after, thus my presenting her with people who are happy with their procedure. I understand where you are coming from and both I and most likely Haydi appreciate your concern.  Thanks for being an  active and caring member of the community.

-Britt

This review made me consider very carefully before going ahead and doing it. (Yeah, the "but it won't happen to me" took over!) Because of your comment about bruises, I was VERY careful to follow the doctor's advice: no vitamin C or aspirin a week before, no alcohol (beer/wine) or caffeine 2 days before. Mind you, I know from experience that I don't bruise easily. I was prescribed antibiotics and aescin against swelling, and they gave me 2 tablets of pain killers (I'd have liked 3:>) It's been only 48 hours since the procedure, and really only 1 fingerprint sized bruise is visible, a yellowish smudge on my cheek. Swelling is subsiding, and I no longer look like the Joker in Batman! I had this done in Prague, Czech Republic. I can't say enough good things about the medical community here. And I have to echo (some of) the sentiments above about the medical industry (can't call it a community, sorry) in the USA. I'm an ordinary person, too, just an English teacher. I didn't pay a lot of money. I'll write a full review when I know for sure if I'm happy. Good luck, and be informed!
Dear 664056anon, are you able to update us how you are going, please? You should be about one month post procedure, I am guessing. I am interested to hear how you are. I hope you are doing great and everything is fine. Please update us.
Hi. I'm 664056anon. In the nearly 2 years since I wrote I've had the procedure done two more times! Obviously, the first one went well enough to keep me coming back for more. :) But it took about 4 months for satisfactory results. I had filler applied to a hollow on one side, but when that eventually dissipated, the asymmetry was gone. Before the lift, people often asked if I was tired. Now people just say I'm looking good these days. Very late thanks for your interest, and I'll post a full report soon.
thanks for letting people know, before they suffer physically, emotionally and financially.
The thread lift technique will never be widely used in the U.S.A due to the destructive propaganda against it. It works too well and it doesn't justify high fees because of its simplicity. Doing simple, workable and highly satisfying work for a low price is not what was in the mind of a young aggressive and ambitious medical student. This is the U.S.A; this is the worst place to expect legitimacy, benevolence and ethical behavior. Crime, ambition and marketing made this country what it is today: the most hated country in the world. The most motivating factor in this country is MONEY. Too many plastic surgeons are more than active: they are at militant, open-aggressive war against anything that threatens their high income practice of over charging for their terrible and painful so called "rejuvenating plastic surgeries" (clown makers). These ordinary gypsies of the modern era are more into marketing and separating you from your money than providing you with the necessary and effective work to satisfy your personal wants and needs. These people heavily-aggressively advertise their services all over the media; their intentions are far from serving you, THEY WANT YOUR MONEY and will lie and cheat to get to it; with the ever-present help of the voracious sharks of the media. Advice: Go with your common sense, see people that had any work done and don't listen to their sheepy stories full of lies and self-coloring; see for yourself, decide for your self. Getting to the truth is not easy, but the painful result of not doing your foot work-home work is far worse. Life is hard and then you die.
you re right, but how to stop them?
Thank you for the warning. I am trying to decide what to do about my sagging chin and neck area but am running out of options besides a "real face lift"
thanks