29 Yo Combat Vet/ Single Mother of a 4 Yo - Pleasanton, CA

For as long as I can remember, I've been self...

For as long as I can remember, I've been self conscious of my chest. But I wasn't given the same start as everyone else in my family. At age 11 I had my ovary, tube, appendix and spleen removed. As I later learned in life, your hormones and estrogen are stores in your ovaries. I had one removed and half the other removed prior to going through puberty. I've worn the same size bra since I was in the 5 th grade, AA.
After high school and some college I joined the army. Working out and constantly maintaining 17% body fat was a challenge. My chest size never grew, but I could fake it with an A from Victoria secret. I'm 5'3 and at my peak in the Army, I was 145 lbs. I got pregnant shortly after my contract ended and FINALLY had a chest! I was a solid B while I was pregnant and a C cup while nursing. After my child stopped nursing, I went to a very deflated A cup. I've toyed with breast augmentation for 10 years. Various consultations, and I always backed out. Could I alter my body, but tell my daughter hers was beautiful and she shouldn't change it for anything?
I guess I finally had enough. I recently got engaged and had the support of my fiancé. He said do it or not, it was 100% my choice and he supported me either way. With the wedding paid off, and extra in the bank, I decided I no longer had anymore excuses. I called my friends dr, scheduled the surgery and paid in full. No backing out. Doing it.
I had my surgery on 3/31/14. 5'3 128 lbs, I measured 32/26/38.
I went with 250 CC silicon gel composite/ moderate profile, behind the muscle.
I'm 10 days post op- and still adjusting. The pain wasn't too terrible, just a tightness on my chest. I went back to work 4 days after surgery, I'm a 911 operator so I figured I was safe back at work, I sit 8-12 hours a day.
I've had to follow up appointments with my surgeon, so far so good

It's taking some getting used to, that's for sure. My chest is heavy, I can't be Wonder Woman super mom doing everything on my own. I have to sleep on my back and rely on the help of the few people who know i had the procedure.
I guess I didn't realize the mental toll it would take on me, as well as physical. I can look at my body- and I have a chest! I have breasts! I feel like a woman! I have curves and a figure and I can't believe it's me I'm looking at in the mirror.
I just wish this heavy, limited mobility would hurry up and pass. I'm impatient, and constantly reminding myself this will be worth it.
I didn't do this for anyone but myself, and I feel like.. So far... I did good.
Lets just fast forward passed this waiting period. 10 days down...

On and congratulations
Good for you. Sometimes in life e have to do things for ourselves. I myself was VERY self conscious of my small breast as well. I was a 36A which was too big. And wanted bigger breast for MANY years. Keep us posted on your journey and congrats. You are in the right place for advise this web site has been very helpful for me. I decided on 545cc sub mod profile. Post some pics.

16 days down ..

16 days post op! Stitches out, and what a difference. I no longer feel like my Incisions want to burst open, and the brushing is almost gone. I had a little hiccup with removing the stitches. Now I have some bleeding here and there when I change out the pads at night. I'm not real thrilled with how my left Brest Incision is looking, and I'm avoiding calling my dr because I can't stand his receptionist.
I feel better over all, more energy, more movement and general range of motion. I can't wait to run and work out, this slow and steady is not my business.
I can't wait for this part to be over!!

Impatient

It's been 23 days since my BA. I'm getting there.. Seeing improvements in my ability to move and lift, the implants are settling, still having some issue with delayed wound closure tho :-/
I'm getting impatient with the bra and the lack of working out. It's starting to take it's toll on me just as much mentally as it is physically. I need that release the gym gives me!!
My surgeon has me on amox-clav for the prevention of infection while my boob decides of it wants to close or not... Meantime.. I sit in a sports bra- move slow, watch my stretching and food intake.
I'm ready to be over this part!!

27 days

27 days post op. Holy moly never thought I would get here! Nothing super new to report.. Slow heal... And I'm impatient!

Pleasanton Plastic Surgeon