Panniculectomy for Hidradinitis - Baltimore, MD

I am a 27 year old female that suffers from...

I am a 27 year old female that suffers from hidradenitis under both arms, groin/mons, buttock and panni/apron areas. I have documented rashes and abscesses in these areas for the last 15 years. I have had two successful surgeries to remove infected scar tissue from under both arms and buttock and now I am awaiting a panniculectomy and excision of infected groin tissue scheduled for 2/18/14. Being a member of Real Self has been very comforting and encouraging, knowing that there are others that have/had the same issues as I do. I am very nervous and excited but I am happy to share my journey with you all.
Thank you for your reivew! I wish you much success with your surgery.

Before

Only 14 more days!
Hi I am a 28 year old female and I also suffer from hidradenitis and have been since I was 12. I know exactly what you are going through.... I wish it was a easier way to deal with this. . I had a panniculectomy 3 months ago and it was a good decision just wish the hidradenitis would go away good luck on your surgery
Wow it feels really good when I hear from someone that can relate to this struggle. My HS also started at 12 during puberty. My doctor has me on a rifampin and clindamycin regimen that has done wonders for the HS it practically goes away if taken properly. So hopefully when the rest of this infection is removed it will permanently keep the HS away. I don't know if you've tried the antibiotics but it's a good thing to consider.
Hey I know the feeling I was excite when I saw your post. Well I have taken doxycycline clindamycine minocycline on pain meds 4 a day but I pray it soon gets better... does anyone else in your family have it? I found out my aunt does and that's it. .. It's so painful... May God conver you on Tuesday with your surgery please keep me updated

2 more days!

I am scheduled for Tuesday morning. I have been very nervous and anxious. The surgeon gave me xanax to take the night before surgery so that I could get some sleep. I will post pics as soon as I am able.
Goodluck with everything!
Thank you. You have been an inspiration!

Tomorrow's the day!

Off for surgery in the AM. I just want this to be over so I can start to recover. I will keep you posted. Wish me luck :-)
Hope all went well with your surgery
Everything went well. Thanks for the support.

1 day post op

Surgery went well. It was about 2 1/2 hours. Pain is moderate. The surgeon used a long acting pain medication that lasts about 2 days so everything feels numb except for the drain sites. I have 2 drains one on the left and one on the right. I have been taking percocet 10mg
as needed. I can stand up straight but not right away. I've been moving around a lot. I did rent the "sandy lane" recliner from rent a center it's electric and works good it just wont recline all the way back not sure if that's because it's used. I also purchased a raised toilet seat from Walgreens for about $30 it has helped. My first post op visit is next Tuesday I will let you all know how it goes.
Looking good! I'm just starting to stand up straight. You're doing great!
That's great. I am able to stand straight but my back has been killing me. We just need to take it easy lol

10 Days Post Op

I am doing really well. I had one drain removed 7 days post the other one will be removed today. I haven't been in any pain and stopped meds about 3 days post. I am still taking antibiotics. Still really swollen and numb. So far I am happy with my results only problem for me is my belly button it's really low but as the swelling goes down it's kind of moving in a higher place. I still have my same belly button if I am not happy with it I may have it removed and replaced. I traded in my binder for a compression garment from hanes it's much more comfortable. I will keep you updated!
U look good but can u post some up to date pictures.
Baltimore Plastic Surgeon