Panniculectomy for Hidradinitis - Baltimore, MD

I am a 27 year old female that suffers from...

I am a 27 year old female that suffers from hidradenitis under both arms, groin/mons, buttock and panni/apron areas. I have documented rashes and abscesses in these areas for the last 15 years. I have had two successful surgeries to remove infected scar tissue from under both arms and buttock and now I am awaiting a panniculectomy and excision of infected groin tissue scheduled for 2/18/14. Being a member of Real Self has been very comforting and encouraging, knowing that there are others that have/had the same issues as I do. I am very nervous and excited but I am happy to share my journey with you all.

Before

Only 14 more days!

2 more days!

I am scheduled for Tuesday morning. I have been very nervous and anxious. The surgeon gave me xanax to take the night before surgery so that I could get some sleep. I will post pics as soon as I am able.

Tomorrow's the day!

Off for surgery in the AM. I just want this to be over so I can start to recover. I will keep you posted. Wish me luck :-)

1 day post op

Surgery went well. It was about 2 1/2 hours. Pain is moderate. The surgeon used a long acting pain medication that lasts about 2 days so everything feels numb except for the drain sites. I have 2 drains one on the left and one on the right. I have been taking percocet 10mg
as needed. I can stand up straight but not right away. I've been moving around a lot. I did rent the "sandy lane" recliner from rent a center it's electric and works good it just wont recline all the way back not sure if that's because it's used. I also purchased a raised toilet seat from Walgreens for about $30 it has helped. My first post op visit is next Tuesday I will let you all know how it goes.

10 Days Post Op

I am doing really well. I had one drain removed 7 days post the other one will be removed today. I haven't been in any pain and stopped meds about 3 days post. I am still taking antibiotics. Still really swollen and numb. So far I am happy with my results only problem for me is my belly button it's really low but as the swelling goes down it's kind of moving in a higher place. I still have my same belly button if I am not happy with it I may have it removed and replaced. I traded in my binder for a compression garment from hanes it's much more comfortable. I will keep you updated!
Baltimore Plastic Surgeon