Just Started, Still Waiting - Plantation, FL

I chose Invisalign because my teeth seem to be...

I chose Invisalign because my teeth seem to be prone to cavities, and I can't afford to have anymore that may be overlooked by traditional braces.

I am currently one week into my first set of trays. While my trays are in I have a lisp, when I think about the lisp it seems to get worse. I haven't experienced any pain as far as "moving of my teeth", but I don't think there is much to move around. I have noticed the past few days my front teeth hurt as if they have cavities. Although you can not see the trays when I smile with them in, I have a hard time smiling because I feel as though my face has changed shape with them in. (probably due in part to the fact that I am unable to close my teeth together in the same manner without them in)

I have only recently started reading other peoples blogs, and I hope that I see quick progress and my lisp goes away. The constant brushing doesn't annoy me, I'm used to brushing my cavity ridden teeth, but the rinsing and brushing of the trays is something I need to get used to! As far as other "care" methods, I am pretty unsure of what else I need to do to take care of them-my dentist didn't give me much guidance and at the time I had no questions.

I just started my third set of trays and I was a...

I just started my third set of trays and I was a little apprehensive about them, I popped them in with ease and no pain. It only took a few hours and lunch time to roll around for me to pry them off and realize how much pain I was in. It wasn't awful, but I haven't felt pain since my first set and the first few days. The tooth to the left of the gap (see picture below) hurt the most. I've noticed that the gap has gotten bigger over the past 6 weeks, but I am hopeful that this tray will begin to fill the void.

Cleaning tips: I soak the trays in 1/2 mouth wash 1/2 water and then give them a quick brush after. When I first got them I used vinegar which got rid of the stench of morning breath and seemed to clear up the cloudiness the trays seem to get as you get closer to the next set.

Howard Finnk

I absolutely adore my dentist. Before finding him I was extremely nervous just thinking about the dentist. I would recommend him to anyone, and to those who have taken my recommendation couldn't be happier. I have never waited over 15 minutes, the entire staff is beyond friendly. They offer numerous options to confirm/schedule appointments, ie. text, email, phone call. They work with you to make payments, and offer financing.

The lisp totally isn't as bad as you think it is. Alot of this stuff is in your head. The lisp will soon go away and your teeth will eventually look great! Hi, I've had Invisalign for 4 weeks now and have 7 attachments on my teeth. Does it hurt or is there alot of pressure when the dentist removes them? I've heard a couple horror stories and just wanted to put my fears at bay. Any input would be appreciated, thanks! Invisalign-blog.com - Follow my progress with my 26 Invisalign Retainers, Invisalign Attachments, Invisalign Before And After Photos and more.
Hi,
Who is your dentist? I also live in plantation. Also, did you insurance cover any of this?

Thanks for the cleaning tips - I'm sure many people will find that useful!!

I started my second set of trays 3 weeks ago tomorrow, and I receive my third set tomorrow. The lisp has gotten much better. I have felt no pain with the second set, and I have seen some movement in my teeth. I have not done all that well with my second set in terms of wearing them frequently, but I typically wear them at least 14 hours a day.

How are things going with your Invisalign? Are you on a new set of trays?

I have been wearing invisalign, since October. I also have implants and a bridge. I saw results in two weeks. I am having to extend my wear for 3 more months. I still have a lisp. I was told to clean them with hand sanitizer, so they would not get cloudy. Very happy with the results so far, I am 65 years old.
Hi,
I was told you can not have braces with an implant.
I have several crowns as well. Is there hope? hahaha
Love!

Congrats on starting your Invisalign!

It does seem pretty common that people have a lisp in the beginning, then they seem to get used to talking with the trays in.

As for keeping your trays clean it seems a lot of people find that soaking them with a denture cleaner tab works well to clean them & cut any odor they may get, just make sure you only use cool water because the trays can change shape in hot water.

I'm glad you are reading the blogs, Q&A section is super helpful too if you haven't checked that out yet. I think you will really like having it to refer to as you progress with your Invisalign.

Congrats again - looking forward to hearing how things go!!