Ematrix - Plantation, FL

The procedure was painful, i had my entire face,...

The procedure was painful, i had my entire face, neck and chest done. I have sagging skin, dark circles under my eyes, sun spots, and wrinkles on my forehead, and around mouth and eyes.

Im 40, and wanted to try something to make me look fresh and not tired looking. It seemed even after exfoliating my skin was not dry and not smooth. So, my doctor reconmended ematrix, i was interested in fraxel. I had no numbing cream, big mistake, procedure took 30 minutes, i could smell burning skin, my level was a B, (range is A, B, and C). I expected to look like a lobster after since the procedure works with deep layer the dermis, all I could do was sun screen and mineral powder, no coverup or ice.

I did go to work the next day, and the red color did improve and not as noticeable with powder, people at work could only tell up close. I did have some swelling all over my face the first day, the second day not so bad, just certain sensitive areas.

Day 2, my skin color was still red in certain areas where the probe was used, but not bad, pain okay. Day 3, red color gone, just small scab dots where the probe was used but not noticeable unless close up. No pain or swelling. I can see a difference especially on the sun spots faded, on my checks and forehead, the skin texture is still rough from probe and Im sure it will improve every day. I am only using sun screen and mineral powder to cover. Day 4, can wear no coverup, only lotion, just faint grid marks, only visible to me, (i know what I am looking for), skin texture is still alittle rough, can feel the grid marks where probe used, but after the lotion, little mineral powder and eye makeup, I can tell I look refreshed. Day 5, skin texture is much smoother, it seems the grid marks are slothing off.

Im scheduled for another procedure in a month, I will post my experience. Once I get pictures ready I will post, that where you can really see what to expect. I will schedule my next procedure on a friday and use numbing cream. Good luck..

My updated comment was on day 5...not to mix any...

My updated comment was on day 5...not to mix any one up.
Hi, I am looking forward to seeing any before/after photos. I am having my first ematrix in a week and I am very hopeful :-)
I have been thinking of having this procedure for over 2 years, but fraxel was the option then. Once I did my research on ematrix decided to give it a try. I am defintely going to do it again. I want to see if it really does what it claims. On day 4, my skin has really improved, smooth and less noticeable grid marks, I can get away with wearing no coverup, just lotion with mineral powder. Will keep everyone updated and post pictures once I figure out how to without people recognizing me. My mom is having the procedure done also, so I can have her post her experience too, since everyone has different experiences. K

Hi Fort,

It would be so nice to just wear lotion. A lot of community members who don't want people to recognize them, post pictures with blacked out eyes, if that helps.

Thanks for the added info,

-Britt

Had my 2nd tx of eMatrix last Friday, did a level...

Had my 2nd tx of eMatrix last Friday, did a level C this time on my face and neck. No, numbing cream and it was painful. The probe zaps were very deep, and they were not zapping as she would say each time at full strength, so those did not count. I could not finish the entire treatment, gave the remaining zaps to my mom, had my entire face and neck done. The smell of burning skin, and I was so sensitive, had to take a couple of breaks in between. My face was very hot the entire day and lobster red, putting the lotion on and mineral powder was painful. Not allowed ice or pain med for the entire process, this would interfere with the inflammatory process. The grid marks were noticeable even with mineral powder. Did have two days until going back to work. The burning sensation lasted 2 days, with swelling around my eyes. Day three all you could see was pink grid marks on all the areas zapped. The grid marks would diminish each day, and scab over, very lightly; hard to see, have point them out and can feel with touch. This treatment, not sure if I notice anything much different. Not able to go in sun or exfoliate my face and neck until all grid marks are gone on their own time. It’s been 8 days now and still have slight grid techure and slightly visible under light. Will have to wait and see how this treatment compares to the first one. The healing process has been longer. Only wearing lotion and mineral powder at this point with eye makeup.

Also...am using aloe vera and aquaphor....my scarring looks the same so far...hope i did the right thing, but at this point, not too sure bout that!
Hi Neighbor,
I am considering ematirx and I also live in Plantation. Can you tell me who you went to and if you would recommend them? What are they charging, if you care to share that.
Thank you! Beth

Hi Beth, I had the procedure done @ Weston Cosmetic Surgery Center in Weston {edited} Michelle Hoff, MSN,FNP nurse practitioner did the procedure, she is wonderful. The cost was 600$ for face and neck. I would recommend this place, I have been a patient of his and Michelle for 5 years. I recommend having a consultation with Michelle before having the procedure. Good luck, Karie

{By Britt, please PM user for info. Thanks!}

My clinician was very helpful, even gave me personal cell number for any questions.