VSG Gave Me a New Life - Plano, TX

I had the VSG on 7-11-11 with Dr. Nick Nicholson...

I had the VSG on 7-11-11 with Dr. Nick Nicholson in Plano, Texas. He and his staff are wonderful. I'm 48 yrs old and 5'1. My highest weight was 236. On day of surgery I was 212 lbs. I've went from a 3x/20-22 to a 10/12 or M/L top.
I'm a slow loser and I'm ok with that. I changed the way I eat forever. As a family we eat clean whole foods. No more processed foods or fast foods. I never wanted to be on a "diet" again. I would do this again in a heartbeat.

In 2012 I did 3 5K's. I would have never thought about doing a 5K before in my life.
This year I'm onto the 2nd part of my journey. I will be having a tummy tuck with hernia repair in Sept.
I've maintained in the 160's for the past year. I would like to be between 140 and 150 lbs. Having some of the loose skin removed will help with that.

Dr. Nick Nicholson

Dr. Nick is awesome.

Robin you look sensational in that black and weight dress! I was pleased to hear what you said about being a slow loser, the important word there is 'loser' huh? It's taken me about 40 years to put all this awful weight on, I know it's not going in a couple of months. Thanks for the review, good luck for the next stage!
Thank you Allie. I've always said, I'm ok with being a slow loser, because at least I'm a Loser. :-)
Hi Robin! I use to live in Plano but moved back to Arlington 2 years ago. Thank you for posting. I would love to hear more about your journey. I too feel like I'm a slow loser but kissing none the leas
Sorry typing on cell phone mad typo then hit the wrong button and it posted. So here is part 2 I'm loosing and I'm happy with that. Please if you had the time please fell a little about what your journey was like. The food bad and the ugly. I post my videos on YouTube under the channel bodyrockbylisa. Hope to hear more from you. Nice meeting someone local.
Thank you Lisa. I also make YT videos. I found and you subscribed. :-) I'm Texasmom 2011. I'll post more about what my journey has been like also.

Welcome and thanks for sharing your journey with us!

What an achievement! You've done really well and you look awesome. I hope you're proud of yourself! How was your recovery from the sleeve, any problems, did you have much pain?

Thank you Kirsty. I did not have any complications. Yes I was in pain for a few days, but pain meds helped. :-)
Congratulations! And you look great! I am scheduled for 9/11/13 to have mine! Can't wait~
Thank you. And congrats on your surgery date. You will love it.