Had Juv Ultra put above top lip (between nose and...

Had Juv Ultra put above top lip (between nose and lip, above outer corner areas for loss of volume) about 3 years ago. It was definitely overfilled slightly when initially done but over time it seemed to gain volume and also seemed to migrate down toward the upper edges of my lip. So, when I got my actual lips filled (the pink part of your lip, where the wet meets the dry) it exacerbated the issue with the Juv above my lip so it just looked really swollen and weird (almost like I had braces when my mouth was closed). My new dr wasn't fully convinced the swelling issue was from 3-year old Juv Ultra but I brought him a 'before' photo and I called the original dr.'s office to get the material used and timing (the original dr is a VERY reputable plastic surgeon in Dallas) - I just knew it was still in my lip and it was seriously impacting my sanity. So, today I finally went in for hyaluronidase after hating how this looked for a long, long time. I'm so mad at myself for waiting, it was almost instantly better. By the time I got home (like 25 minutes) it was noticeably better - I couldn't believe it. Now, about 9 hours later it is much improved. One side is is almost back to normal and the other possibly needs one more small dose. He used a 30 gauge needle (same as used for Botox) and we used a conservative amount. No novocaine or any type of numbing was used and I literally felt nothing when injected (keep in mind it wasn't in my actual lip, above it); I can't imagine it would hurt worse than actual filler (even mixed with novocaine) because it was seriously nothing (it is a liquid so not thick at all). I didn't even get a pin prick let alone any bruises. So, if you are dealing with overfilled, lumpy, uneven, etc. lips due to filler like Restalyne, Juviderm, etc. don't hesitate to use this to fix it. Even if the first attempt leaves you a little uneven, at least 'non-puffy' and uneven seems to be easier to deal with than puffy, crazy looking uneven. :-) Dr. Verret in Plano, TX did this for me. He's fantastic.
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Have seen him several times for Botox and Juviderm

How was the final product? I am going in tomorrow to get a second opinion on my lips by another doctor whom is actually a plastic surgeon. The area above my lip on the right became fuller than normal almost as if some of the filler migrated above. I am hoping a little bit of the enzyme can clear it up, I am just worried to get too much and end up with an indentation :/ Its not a large bump above my lip however it is noticeable in the morning and with certain angles in sun light. How did your final result turn out??? I hope you love it!
I have to have surgery to get this lump out since it wouldn't dissolve. I have bags, a lump, dark dark hollowed out eyes and can't even look in the mirror. All I can say, is just be very conservative and if you think something is wrong, get it dissolved now, don't wait which is what happened to me. My doctor kept brushing off my concerns and made me feel like I didn't know what I was talking about. Go with your gut instinct, you know your body better than anyone. Good luck!
672RH; I have a terrible lump problem in my upper lip. If someone tells you it can be corrected with surgery, please let me know. I've had absolutely no luck...The problem is I had fat in it too, in 1990, but trying to even it out with Juviderm made the problem HIDEOUSLY WORSE after 2 years, the J gave me edema as it broke down...I look like a platypus..u can see my pics. No doctor will touch me, no one has given me ANY hope. I've had some Vitrase, it helped, but I'm the worse case I've ever seen...I am very, extremely depressed.
The one doctor nailed it on the head. These companies are selling this product giving you the misguided idea that if something goes wrong, just inject some Hyaluanidase and poof, everything is fine. My doctor who is a Beverly Hills plastic surgeon gave me no inclination of any risks, just said I would love it because it lasts 2 years. He brushed off my concerns and now after 6 injections to try and dissolve it and an infection that has lasted 8 weeks, I need to surgically remove it. He told me to find a doctor who knows how to deal with complications. Really? No refund, just I have never seen this before. I told him several times something was wrong but made me feel like I didn't know what I was talking about when I asked about Biofilm infections. DOCTORS SHOULD NOT INJECT THESE FILLERS IF THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO TREAT COMPLICATIONS. COMPANIES ARE PUSHING THIS, IMPLYING IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM, JUST DISSOLVE IT. THERE MUST BE A SPECIFIC WARNING ON THESE PRODUCTS WHEN ATTEMPTING TO INJECT THE TEAR TROUGH AREA!!
I hope they start a class action lawsuit. I am happy when I am asleep as. I do not have to worry about people giving me an odd look ok. I will be asking for money back! I am so worried my doctor will want to dissolve this mess, or worse want to put more in!!!! When you first started to notice something was wrong did the doctor try to dissolve it, or was it after several aftercare visits?
The first night I emailed him photos because I had this big bubble and was so red and he said it was nothing. It finally went down after a few weeks but then a couple months later it started getting really red down my face and my eyes were so swollen with big red circles. I went in and again he said not to worry but after sending him more photos he finally called his friend who is a dermatologist and told him to put me on antibiotics. He never said to dissolve it and if I had in the beginning, I wouldn't be in this boat. Don't wait too long because it might not dissolve like mine. Nothing has worked and will need surgery to get this out. I want everyone on this sight to try and do this class action suit. I called a big firm who has a lot of experience and they said if there were enough people, he would be interested. My doctor wouldn't reimburse me without signing a waiver which of course, I couldn't since I am still being treated. Please update and I wouldn't put in more. :(((
Leave me the number in mail. I am on board. Follow up 7/10 th. Pushed back I was so furious I needed time to cool off, and even a little extra to see if arcana montana capsules andgel worked for brbruising. * they gave to me last visit* it did nothing. Keep me updated as well. Thanks
The number is: 1-213-977-0211, Girardi/ Keese. I did speak to someone and they asked if there were other cases so if everyone called and emailed, maybe they would take it on. You can go on their site and send an email.
THANK YOU!!! I am emailing now and calling tommorrow. I am hoping everyone steps forward and we get a class action lawsuit.
I emailed the firm and asked about having people contact them regarding this. I hope they will call again and we can get more people to write them. Thanks so much!
Thanks Plano TX...one can see from my pics that my upper (and lower) Juviderm dramatically moved way outside the lip lines, and I'm very swelled above AND with a "bulge" below: like a platypus, it was unbelievably terrible, though after 1 session of Dissolver, the lower lip shrank crazily, all this 26 months after he Juviderm: getting more next week. I agree THANKYOU Hyadronidase!!!!!
I hope it worked out for you. I ended up getting one more treatment and my lips are totally fine now. I was even able to manage to keep what was in my actual lip which I was hoping for. I don't know what the hell goes on with Juviderm but I swear it moves and can hang on for a long, long time. Take care!
Wow that is great that it worked so fast and after it had been so long since the Juvederm.  Are you willing to share the pictures you mentioned so we can see?  You can crop them so we only see your mouth.
I didn't take any from the side that would be worth showing and from the front it is hard to tell or I would. I am doing one more round of it tomorrow and if you can tell from the front vs the older photos I have I will definitely post photos. Give me until this weekend to see for sure (I have plenty from the front I could use). Thanks!
Sounds good- good luck!  Hope the second round went well :)
Second round, "almost" went as well as first round. My doctor used more of the product since we knew how I was reacting to it and one side of my mouth/lip swelled up quite a bit (inside and out). I had to ice it for about a solid 90 minutes to get it to come down (and then put some cortisone cream on it). However, this morning, all is well, I don't even have a bruise or a pin prick. No idea why I swelled up like that because I'm obviously not allergic, but I do know by how I react to Novocaine/fillers that I am very sensitive to having needles injected very far into my mouth/lips so that's probably all it was (a little bit of "trauma" I guess). It is working well and I can already tell I won't need another round. If I can find any pics that will show anything worthwhile I will post this weekend.
Glad it went well!  Yeah I think the general trauma can cause swelling.  Hope you can find some pics, we would love to see!