Can't Wait for Boobies!!!! – Plano, TX

I have wanted bigger boobies ever since I could...

I have wanted bigger boobies ever since I could remember! I have done a lot of research and watched many you-tube videos on the process of a BA. I had my first consultation yesterday with a Plastic Surgeon (North Texas Plastic Surgery Dr. Obaid) and it went great!

Currently I am:
Age: 27
Height: 5'7 and a half....
Weight: 155lbs
Bra Size: 34C
Dress Size: varies from 8-10

Now about my consultation,

Setting the appointment was super easy and they had appointments that worked around my schedule. All the ladies in the office were very nice and made me feel comfortable. I tried on several different size implants and for right now I feel really good about going with the 500cc, Silicone, under the muscle and incision under the breast fold.

**ADVICE **

Going into my appointment I knew a lot from the research I did on my own. A good piece of advice they shared with me is to go with an implant size that makes you a little bit UNCOMFORTABLE. The reason being is a lot of girls complain after their BA that they "Should have went bigger". This made a lot of sense to me and is why I am debating between 500cc and 550cc. The 500cc makes me uncomfortable just a little bit and the 550 make me real uncomfortable but I still have time to decide.

Another thing they told me which I never heard of was that the profile you get is not decided until you are in surgery. I told them I wanted High Profile implants but they stated everyone's chest cavity is different and they don't know until you are opened up what type of profile will fit best. It makes sense but I was a tad bit disappointed there is a chance I may not get High Profile.

**Really? Rolling Eyes...**

The only thing I didn't like about my consultation is when they brought out the samples of saline vs. silicone. The saline implant they had filled to the max with air like a balloon about to break and a third of water in it.... It looked like it was going to burst at any minute from being over filled with air. If you go online and to you tube there is no example of a saline implants that look like that. I already knew before my consultation I wanted silicone so it wasn’t a big deal to me but for someone who truly does not know what they want I did not like the way they made the comparison. Saline is cheaper than silicone so most Doctors try to push for silicone.

**Wrapping Up **

After I was dressed again Dr. Obaid sat down with me and we went through some pictures of different BA. He mentioned since I have had a child it is a good idea to also get a breast lift since your boobies naturally sag a bit after. I didn’t really agree with this. For me I never breast feed and my boobs are still perky. Looking at the pictures of women who had breast lifts vs. those who have not I like the pictures of the women who have not had a breast lift better. I want to look natural and just really blessed! I like that Dr. Obaid didn’t make me feel pressured about the breast lift and he genuinely wanted to make sure he understood the look I am going for. He made me feel relaxed and comfortable plus he was cuuute.

I got a lot of information during my consultation but I didn’t have anything to write it down ? I wish they had some kind of pre-made pamphlets they could give out with just the basic information. They probably do but wait until you book your appointment (?). From what I remember surgery lasts 1 hour and I go home the same day. I can go back to work after 3 days but I’m taking the whole week off anyways. I can’t shower for 2 days, the stiches will absorb, and I can’t go swimming for 2-3 weeks. We went over exercising and surgical bra’s but I can’t remember the time frames on those other than I can’t do yoga for 6 weeks ?

Once I confirm my boyfriend can get the same week off from work I am looking to book for April 9th and I AM SOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post pics soon

Judgment

Who all do you tell you are having? Has anyone experienced less than supportive friends or family when you told them about the BA? Were you surprised and how did you handle it?

I haven’t told any of my family yet,
One- because I rarely see them so they may not notice a difference
Two- because I don’t want them to worry
Three- I don’t think they would be supportive

My boyfriend knows and he is supportive but some of my friends I have told have been less than excited for me. I was kind of surprised by some of the reactions I got when I shared what was exciting news to me ?
I also have some feelings of guilt. The money I am spending on the BA could help people in my family pay off bills etc… I almost feel like I would be responsible for their “hardships” because I spent the money on myself. I’m still going to go through with the BA I just want to know if anyone else has had the same experiences / feelings

Additional Before photos! :)

Getting Supplies!

I bought some more bum sweats for surgery and post op ( like i need any more...) I got a small victoria secret catalog in the mail today and it makes me want to go soooo bad! How long do you have to wait after your BA before you can get sized and start buying new stuff? I've never been properly sized so I am thinkging about going to Victoria Secrets tomorrow and finding out. I know if i go I will have a hard time not buying a bra. May-be I could just get a sports bra.

Other than that I bought some Flex straws today but I couldnt find any Arnica Montana. It's supposed to help with swelling and brusing. Has anyone ever tried it?

41 Days left

The more reviews I read the more anxiety I get. I have been practicing sleeping on my back so I can get used to it. I make it through half the night before I can’t take it anymore and I have to roll over. I’ve started taking extra zinc and vitamin C then I normally would so I can build my immune system. I mostly worried about the pain. I think I have a high tolerance for pain and a few days of misery would still be worth it in the end. I’ve been doing the rice test but get frustrated because depending on what bra I put on they look totally different. I wish my PS had the 3D imaging.
Questions:
1. How long before I can move my arms around without any pain?
2. How long before I can sleep on my side?
3. How long before I can spend “quality time” with my man without worrying about getting hurt?
4. How long before I can start massaging?
5. When can I start working out again?
6. How long do you stay in recovery before you can go home?
7. When can I start taking my normal nutrition again ( I know you can’t take Vitamin E and stuff like that)
8. When does the swelling go down?
9. How long do I have to fast before surgery?
10. Has anyone bought a wedge pillow for after surgery? Did it help at all?

Supplies:
This is what I have bought so far. Besides more ice packs what else would you suggest?
1long Ice pack (They literally only had 1 when I went to target)
2 front closure bras
Bio oil
Arnica Cream and Pills
Fruit cups
Bendy straws

Will post rice pics soon

31 Days 10 hours 46 minutes

I couldn't help myself! It was only $5.00 :D Can't wait till after surgery. Nothing new really to talk about. Anxious and obssessed with boobs. I have a countdown on my phone now. I have been eating really healthy lately so I don't have so much sodium in my body another benefit is I have been feeling great. I do struggle drinking enough water. I hate having to get up and go pee all the time. I just don't think about drinking liquids through out the day. Need to figure something out about that. I have been able to sleep on my back longer at night. I think it helps I rolled up a medium towel and use it as lumbar support. FEELS AMAZING! Happy Blogging!

20 Days, 12 hours, 11 minutes.. Another Consultation, and Pre-Op Apt

Hi Guys,

So I had another consultation yesterday but this time it was for lipo. I know $$$ wise adding lipo to my procedure is not in by budget but I really wanted to see what my options were since I am already having a BA I know it would be as much since I have already paid for the OR, anesthesia, etc.. Well it’s still an extra $3k for lipo just to do my thighs ? I know I am not overweight but I wanted to get lipo on my legs to make my cellulite go away. My PS said even with lipo I would still have cellulite because it has to do with your genes and not the fat on your body.. bummer

While I was there we went ahead and did my pre op. I took pictures, tried on my sizers again, and I FINALLY got my pamphlets :D. I got all my prescriptions (around $80.00), My pre-op was supposed to be next week so I didn’t bring any of my questions with me to the lipo consult. I think I am still going to keep my appointment for next week so my partner can go with me and see the sizers and stuff.

My anxiety is rising because I have been sick the past week or 2. I know I have to really watch what I take 2 weeks prior to surgery so I am nervous if I don’t get well soon I am either going to have to be sick with no medicine or continue to take medicine and take a chance that my surgery may get rescheduled. I still have a week left before my 2 week mark and my primary doctor gave me a different prescription today. I just really hope it works so I can start rebuilding my immune system again. AND I have been doing so good eating healthy but every time I get sick I just want all the bad comfort foods.

I’ve deep cleaned my whole house already so as long as I keep doing touch ups I won’t have to stress about it when it gets closer to my surgery time. I still need to stock up on food but I like fresh foods so I need to wait closer to my surgery date. I still haven’t found a button up shirt to wear. I really want to wear a pull over. I have some tanks that are really stretchy and loose on me so as long as someone puts it over my head and shoulders I can pull my arms through. If I need to take it off it slips of my shoulders and I can push it down But everyone is so adamant that I need a button up.. I think I will take both to the hospital with me.

These meds are kicking in and Im ready for a nap. Talk to you guys later

Hair...

Is 2 days after surgery too soon to get your hair done? ( dyed, highlights etc...) I want to get my hair done before I go back to work but the ONLY time my girl can get me in is 2 days after :( ( I texted her a month before my surgery to make sure I could get a spot and she was already full). All I have to do is sit there and bend my hair but I have SOO much hair it takes forever. Anyone on the other side sit still in a chair for a few hours and have been okay?

Last Pre-Op, NEW SIZE, 14 days 11 hours & 55 minutes left

SOOOOO I picked a new size and I feel really excited!!!!

I kept going back and forth between the 500cc and 550cc and I decided I just needed to go for it. I feel really good about my choice :D I think it really helped that my boyfriend was able to go with me to my appointment today and I brought some tank tops to try on with the sizers too. I tried to take pictures but the lighting made them come out so weird.

These are some of the questions I asked, (My PS gave more details I’m just giving the highlights)

1.) Does sleeping at a 45 degree angle help the implants heal better or drop sooner?
PS: No sleep however you like. – I was concerned about slowing down my healing process but he said the pain I would be in from putting too much pressure on them would keep me from doing anything that could hurt them.

2.) How long after surgery can stretch marks appear?
PS: Stretch marks can appear up to 6 months after surgery but if you have had children and already have stretch marks like I do I am less likely to get new ones

3.) How long do I stay in recovery before I can go home?
PS: typical person stays around 90minutes

4.) I like the look of HP but I was told it depends on my body cavity what I get
- So he said that the HP means you have more of a gap between your breast because the implants are more narrow. I don’t want the gap in between but I do like the upper pole fullness… ugh I am going to trust his judgment to make the decision.

5.) When can I start taking my normal nutrition again (Fish oil etc)?
PS: 10 days

6.) How long does it take for the swelling to go down?
PS: Around 2 weeks to start seeing a difference but for full swelling to go down 6-8weeks

7.) How often do you see complications in your practice?
PS: less than 1%

8.) If a complication does occur how will it be handled?
- He said he would re-operate for free and he also has a really good relationship with the implant company. The only thing I would be out of pocket is the hospital and anesthesia fees.

9.) Is there anything I can do to prevent complications?
PS: Follow directions (no working out before released, fish oil, do your massaging etc)
- I mentioned mordor’s cord and he said that happens typically with girls who get implants that are too big.

10.) What kind of bra should I be wearing after surgery and for how long?
PS: You can wear whatever bra you feel comfortable in as long as it does not have a underwire for 6 weeks

11.) Is 2 days after surgery too soon to get my hair dyed?
PS: lol no

12.) How long before I should be able to move my arms around without any pain?
PS: typically 48 hours

~ Getting so close now! My anxiety has really gone down after I got to spend quality time with my PS today to ask all my questions. Still can't believe this is going to happen ! ~

Spam

So I always wondered why I never got any updates when someone replied to my comments or review. Just realized everything was going to my spam folder.... lol

Pictures

Some random pics of what I have so far

Perspirations
Arnica Cream
Eye Drops
Ice packs
Scar sheets
Gift Cards! I have been saving these gift cards since Christmas to go shopping we after. I also get random gift cards from work as little bonuses :)

The other pic is just the nutrition I take daily.

Fish oil- good for your heart. I already stopped taking it it's on the naughty list of what you can't take before surgery.

Dim - I have hypothyroidism so I take this instead of drug company's stuff

5htp- helps my mood and anxiety

Chromium picolinate- helps me stop craving junk food and appetite control

Vitamin C & Zinc - been taking past few weeks to help boost my immune system for surgery but seeing how sick I was last week makes me wonder. ...

Arnica- started taking this week. Will help with brushing and swelling

Mangosteen- helps metabolizes food & energy

B12 chews & ginseng- energy

Ultra Mega Green Maximum Nutrition- best one! Does so much provide green foods, multi vitamin, super food, digest and energy. I have been using this for a month and I am in love. I feel so full and I have been able to pick up on when my body tells me I have had enough to eat. I crave healthy food now. I want to lose fat. My mom has health problems because of her weight. Ever since I started working a desk job I've been gaining weight. If I gain 5-10 more lbs I will officially be over weight. It really scares me :( I love my body and how I look but I don't want to lose control.

6 Days- 8hours- 11 minutes

I've been sick again! booo. I feel fine but I have all of these cold symptoms :(

A lady from the hospital called me this morning to pre-register. So now when I show up I just have to bring my driver's license and I am good to go. Am I supposed to bring my perscriptions with me to the hospital? I asked the lady who registered me but she wasn't sure. She did say the nurse who is going to be with me the day of surgery will call me a few days before so I could ask her.

All I have to do this weekend is vacum, clean my bathroom, and stock my pantry and I will be ready. I also had my netflix account reactivated :D 3 days left of work and I will be off Tuesday- the following Wed. Work 2 days, off the weekend, then be back to my normal M-F shift.

Oh yeah I told my sister-in law and my mom about the surgery. It went better then I expected. they were supportive and encouraging. Haven't told my dad yet. I am thinking about telling him after the surgery because he worries so much and I don''t want to stress him out.

How sensitve is your stomache after surgery? I read some girls having to stick to applesauce or light foods for a couple days. I love to eat! I just want to make sure I am stocked up on the right stuff.

All for tonight XOXOXO

1 Day 10 hours 17 minutes

So my cold is bronchitis… I got a steroid shot and some other prescriptions. I was soo scared my surgery was going to be cancelled. My doctor listed to my lungs and he said they sounded good and the anesthesiologist shouldn’t have a problem getting the tube in. The hospital called me earlier and said I had to let me PS know I have a “cold” so I did but and just got a call back saying that my surgery doesn’t need to be post-poned. I made a consultation for my BF with my PS tomorrow because he is thinking about getting some work done. So hopefully all will go well when they see me. I lost my voice Friday and it’s just coming back today.
The past few days have definitely been a roller coaster. All I want to do is rest and watch Netflix. I want to troll this website and read the reviews and everyone’s updates but it just makes me more anxious. I don’t want my surgery rearranged. ?

Tommorow is The Day

So my surgery time was changed to 9:30a. My PS has an emergency surgery for a kid so I got bumped back. I'm not really nervous other then I am afriad they will cancel my surgery because of my cold. The anesthesiologist called me around 8pm to go over tomorrow. She was nice so I feel comfortable. I just wish I was in recovery already! I'm not nervous about the surgery I am just ready to get my boobs!!!!

xoxoxo

Wide Awake

So I'm supposed to be sleeping. .. I have to get up in less than a hour to start getting ready but I can't sleep. The same thing happens when I am going on a vacation. I get so excited and I don't sleep the night before. My life is going to change today. I packed a small bag with all of my prescriptions, snacks for after, and my Kindle for my wait time. I know I will probably get to the hospital an hour before I'm supposed to just because I will be to anxious to wait at home. I'm just going to wear my outfit I plan on wearing home to the hospital (no bra that's right :p ) so I don't have to take anything else.

Ready

Never slept. I'm showered, dressed, have my bag packed and bed covered with pillows. Leaving for the hospital in the next 45 minutes. I need to set my alarm for when I am supposed to take my pills. I did buy a pill cutter the other day and a As seen on TV Genie Bra. The bra is soo soft I just wish it was a front closure so i can test it out sooner.

Surgery

Hi My Loves!

I just wanted to that everyone for the well wishes and thinking of me today. Once we left for the hospital this morning I had a mini panic attack in the car. My stomach was in knots and I felt a lot of pain. It took me about 10 mins of deep breathing and visualization to calm myself down.
We got to the hospital an hour early but checking in was so fast and easy. I was in my bed by 7:30am hooked up to an IV getting my electrolytes. I had to pee in a cup and they made me take all of my clothes off. I didn’t get to keep my panties or socks on ? they did provide me with stockings that went up to my knees and hospital socks, all of which were designed to prevent blood clots. Ten they put these braces around my calves that had air tubes in it. When they were turned on it was this wonderful massage! The nurse said it simulates walking movements to prevent blood clots.

I answered a lot of the same questions repeatedly anytime I meet someone new but I rather repeat myself then a mistake happen so I am glad they were very through. Side note I was kind of disappointed no one in my family who knew about the surgery called me the night before or in the morning to check on me.

My scheduled time was originally 7:30 but was pushed to 9:30a because of an emergency surgery for a little kid. No biggie. 9:15a my anesthesiologist came in and said it would be another 30 minutes before Dr. Obhaid (my PS) would come in and mark on me. 10am rolls around and no one had come to see me yet. I didn’t really mind. I was trying to get a little sleep because I hadn’t slept all night but it was just too noisy. Dr. Obhaid came around 10:15a did my markings and then we waited for my anesthesiologist to give me my “margarita” :)? 10:45a I got my cocktail and the nurse started pushing me back to the OR. I asked how long It takes to kick in and that’s all I remember. Lol. I’m used to feeling the drowsiness come on and I know when I am about to pass out but this I was wide awake and then I was gone haha.

I woke up in the recovery room around 1ish? Time frames started to get fuzzy. I remember asking for my boyfriend a lot but they said I had to wake up more. It was about 1:45ish before they let him back to see me. Surgery had already been over for a little over an hour but I was still asleep. I ate some jello and had 3 big cups of water. The nurse gave me some valium and a muscle relaxer and said I would have to stay another 30-4mins.

My boyfriend helped me get dressed and I think we left close to 3pm. I texted my friends and family to let them know I was still alive and we headed home. I didn’t feel nausea but the ride home was not fun when there were rough patches in the road.

I remember them masking me when I woke up my pain level and I said 6. I don’t feel a lot of pain right now and I don’t have that heaviness everyone talks about. My boobs feel numb and it more of my muscles that are sore.

*** Home***

Once we got home my BF got me situation on the couch and I called my dad to let him know I had surgery. He understands why I didn’t tell him and he was supportive so that made me feel good ? My BF left and got me subway and I snoozed on the couch. The hardest thing so far is getting up and down. I have been sleeping on my couch the past couple of nights because of my cold and I don’t want to keep my BF awake all night with my coughing. Tonight though I am going to try sleeping in bed because it will be easier for me to get up when I need to pee and if I need something in the middle of the night by BF will be right there. My stomach does not feel sensitive at all. I have my normal appetite. My BF is headed to jason’s deli right now to pick us up some dinner.

Bendy straws are miracle workers! I put an ice pack on the top of my breast and it felt good but I feel asleep with it on and by the time I woke up it was not cold anymore. That made me nervous because I know you are not supposed to ice for more than 20 minutes. So I am going to wait to do that again. I have been in and out of sleep since I got home. My BF is absolutely amazing. He has waited on my hand and foot ( even got a little foot massage :)?)

That’s all I can think of right now. Still a little foggy. Thanks everyone for your support! It means so much to me XOXOXO

Surgery Pictures

Day 1 Recovery

The nurses at the hospital and my PS staff have been so nice and helpful. I got a call from a nurse and my PS assistant today to check on how I was doing. They confirmed I got HP 550cc implants :D I was happy to hear that everything worked out. Turns out I really didn’t need to take anything to the hospital but my ID and Insurance card. They never asked for my prescriptions and they had plenty of snacks there but better safe than sorry.

I have been worried about over doing it but talking to the nurse today I think I am under doing it. She said that I need to be doing my daily activities like normal but just not lifting anything over 10lbs. I have been trying to do more myself but my BF is over protective too and wants to do everything for me.

I slept really well last night! I had 3 pillows propping me up, a pillow under my arms, a pillow under my knees and a U pillow around my neck. Slept all night long. :D

I feel so dirty and nasty. I want to take a shower so bad but I have to wait until tomorrow. I am still sick too so coughing hurts even more because it moves my chest muscles a lot. A nurse at the hospital suggested to put my arms like a X across my chest to hold my boobs when I cough. It actually helps.

I’m still not in any pain. My boobs just feel numb. I did feel a little tingle in my left nipple earlier today but it didn’t last very long.

Recovery Day 2

Today I think was harder then the first. On a normal day I usually get up around 5am to get ready for work so my internal clock still wakes me up around this time even though I am not going to work. Past few days I get up around 5am to take my meds and I will go back to sleep. I did the same thing today and got up around 9am. Boobs still feel numb on the sides and bottom but I am getting more feeling on the top and inbetween.

* 1st Shower*

This is the first day I was allowed to take a shower. It felt weird because my boobs still feel swollen. I was able to wash my hair with shampoo but I started feeling really dizzy and nausea. I tried to wash my body but I got to scared thinking I was going to pass out so I just got out of the shower and sat on the bathroom floor floor until I fealt better. I am thinking I should eat something with my morning meds and maybe thats what caused my dizziness. So my shower was half successfull and I am going to try again tomorrow. (I didn't attempt to blow dry my hair)

* Getting out of the house*

My BF had a Dr. Appt today so I decided to go with him. I should have staied at home. We got to his appt an hr early so we were just sitting in the waiting room. I was feeling really drowsey and my nipples were starting to burn. My BF had to walk me back to our car so I could take a nap. I don't know if my nipples burning was because I wore a different bra today or if they are just reconnecting to the nerves. I bought this generic bra off of ebay that has a front zipper. It was only $13.00 and it seems to fit well. Not sure if it is chaffing or not.

We got home around 2:30p and I slept until 7p. I love to sleep but this is getting to be a lot of sleeping...

* MildStones*

I am able to tie my own hair back in a pony
Put on pants today ( took me a minute to button)
Wore a shirt that goes over my head instead of a button up
and
Half way took a shower.

Bra

This is the bra I wore today. It's very soft but not sure if it is causing chaffing. I think I am going to change back to the bra they put me in once it is dry.

Day 3 Recovery

I forgot to mention yesterday that I had a BM and another one today. So I guess all is good on that subject... I successfully took a shower today but still didn't blow dry my hair. The hardest part was drying off.

I am getting more feeling back in my boobs and a little hint of softness at the very top. I hear those noises people talk about their boobs make after surgery. Almost like air popping. I tired on the black bra I got from wal-mart after my shower. It's a sports bra that clips in the front. I bought it in a 36 D but when I tried it on I thought my boobs were going to burst. Not sure if I should take it back and get a bigger size or wait until the swelling goes down.

I do feel boob greed. In my mind I just thought they were going to be bigger. They seem so normal to me and I know they are going to be smaller when the swelling goes down. But it's more then what I had before :)

I put tissue in my bra to cover my nipples. It seems to help with the burning sensation. Also I rolled up a wash cloth and put it between my incisions and bra band.

I feel more like myself today. Not 100% but better. I can move my arms all around and I don't feel any pain or discomfort. I can also half way lay on my side with out any issues too. I stopped taking the pain meds yesterday but I still feel tired. Just laid on the couch all day and read or watched TV. Nothing exciting. I want to get to the point where I want to play dress up like i see everyone doing to compare before's and after's but I'm just not there yet.

xoxo

Recovery Day 4

Not much happened today. This bronchitis has me down :( I slept most of the day or just read my Kindle. I woke up this morning fully on my side. When I rolled back over to my back I could feel sharp pain in my left boob ( Side I was laying on). This morning is the first time i really experienced morning boob. I think it was because some time during the night I went from sleeping at a 45 degree angle to flat on my back. My first post op Tuesday. Tomorrow I am going to try to see my primary Dr to see what I else I can do to make this cold go away. :( Night Loves

While I am thinking about it what can I use to make my nipples not so sensitive? Is there a cream or a special kind of gauze?

Recovery Day 5 & 6, 1st Post Op

~~Day 5~~

I drove for the first time and that was quite an experience. I just went down the street to my doctor but it felt really weird. My muscles didn’t hurt but I could feel them moving around trying to figure out where they are supposed to be. My Dr’s did x-rays. I don’t have pneumonia but my bronchitis isn’t getting any better : ( My recovery from the BA has been awesome but this cold leaves me feeling so weak. I wonder if I am having such an easy recovery because I have been on different steroids for almost a month to try to get rid of the bronchitis.

~~Day 6~~

Post Op

My first post op went really well. I don’t have any swelling and my boobs are starting to soften on the sides. My PS said I will start feeling burning sensations soon but when I told him I felt those after the 1st day. He said that was good and I would get all my sensations back. They only gave me 1 exercise to do. I have to put my thumb in my armpit and the palm of my hand on the top of my breast while the other hand is placed on top and press down 5 times. On the 5th time hold down a few seconds and released. If you see the imprint of your hand on your breast then you are doing it right. They didn’t give me a # of reps to do just to do it as much as I can.

I went to Walmart after to pick up a few things. I bought 2 bra’s they were only $5 bucks ( I don’t know what my deal is with $5 bras lol) but they are comfortable and doesn’t make me feel like a grandma.

I tried to clean up my house a little bit today. My boyfriend is amazing but he draws the line at the litter box. I got through that and I was done. Haha I wasn’t in any pain but my muscles just felt so weird. I feel so weak with my cold I didn’t have any more energy.

Pictures

Forgot to mention at the post op I was told not to use anything on the incision yet because the surgical glue was still on. They did try to sell me cream but it was $54 for this baby tube of cream ... um no thanks ill stick with my bio oil and scar sheets

Day 8 Recovery ~ First Day Back at Work

Going to work was interesting. I work about 30mins-1hr away from work depending on traffic. Driving wasn’t as weird as it has been before. I have a somewhat desk job but I run around a lot to meetings or answering questions. The hardest part was getting up in my chair. The Managers desks sit higher so our production floor can see who is on duty. Normally I just jump up in the chair but I put a little stool by my desk today. My boobs were a little more tender today with all the moving around. Every time I would go to the bathroom I would rub them so they wouldn’t be so tight. Thinking about going back to the grandma bra tomorrow to get a little more support. Driving home I know people must have thought I was crazy. Sitting in traffic I was rubbing my boobs like crazy (no shame!).

My boyfriend has been scarred to really touch them because he is afraid he will hurt me. But I tricked him into it and they actually feel a lot softer.. what the heck?!

I have been trying to figure out why I have been having a really good recovery and thinking about it today I realized the same thing happened when I had my c-section. I came home from the hospital 3 days after my surgery but I never took any of the pain pills they gave my when I was home because I was never in any pain and I went back to work the next week ( had a more physical job then). What is wrong with me?! I am completely fine after having major surgery but try to get me to push myself when I work out and I wimp out because my muscles hurt or I get tired. Crazy…

Great Weekend!

This has been such a good weekend! Our 5 year anniversary was today and even though we just had a normal day together it’s been soo nice

Before my BA I went to VS to buy a few sports bra’s because I knew I wouldn’t be able to wear wired bra’s for 6 weeks. Well they won’t even go over my boobs! So I took them back and just for fun I had them measure me (34DDD) :o there was a slight gap on the top of the bra. I tried on some 36DD and those fit better right now. I tried to take pics in the dressing room but the lighting was so weird all my pics came out in a red tint. I didn’t buy any bra’s but I can’t wait to go back. While I was waiting in line the lady who checked out ahead of me turned around and gave me her gift card that had a few dollars left on it (Winning!)

I cleaned my house this weekend. Didn’t lift anything to heavy and I took everything slow but I was surprised how much I was able to get done. I had gone to the grocery store early in the day and I grabbed one of those half baskets so I wouldn’t have to reach down so far when checking out. I pushed the cart to the produce section to get a fruit tray and a few aisles over and I was so sore! Everything else I can do no problem but pushing a cart is not one of them…

My boobs have dropped to where I can barely see the incision and they are becoming more itchy. I couldn’t figure out why my incision marks were so dark but I realized it’s the stupid glue! A strip of glue starting peeling off and it’s just a soft pink scar underneath :D still can’t start my scar treatment yet.

Also this weekend I tried on every shirt I own to see what I could still fit and what I needed to get rid of. So I no longer have boob greed!!! There were some shirts I love that I thought I would just fill out better but they are too small now. NONE of my bathing suits fit anymore either. I’m kind of glad because my closet needed a good cleaning out and now I have tons of bags I need to take to goodwill.

Last thing even though it’s random is that I am really thinking about becoming a vegan. Me and my BF did our first vegan grocery shopping today and it went better than I thought. If anyone on here is vegan / vegetarian I need help! Any suggestions are welcome for a newbie :D

Lots of love, I’ll post some pics tomorrow

2 Week Post Op

Apparently having big boobs mean that they sweat more which means I got a heat rash. . I looked at my boob and I thought I was getting a stretch mark but it's more of a round rash. So I asked One of my friends who naturally has big boobs and she says it is a heat rash & to use baby powder.

I have been able to do more and more. I can push a cart and vacuum. They are getting softer. The last picture I took looks like my right has dropped more than my left.

Posting from my phone. Harder to write

1 Month Post Op

So it will be a month tomorrow. Few updates: I can sleep however I want, when I went to my 3 week post op my PS said I can go swimming and start using my scar sheets. I’ve been using the scar sheets for a week and I have noticed the puffiness go down and thin out. I also asked him if my size could still change and he said very little.

I do have a mild case of Mondor’s cord. Last week I noticed my skin was tender under my left incision
(Scale of 1-10 it was only a 2 or 3 pain wise) I didn’t see anything on the skin so I didn’t think anything about it. For the past week or two whenever I stretch it feels like my incision was going to pop open. Last night when I got out of the shower stretched my arms up to look at the incision better and I noticed 4-5 cords hanging under the incision. I called my PS and he said they will go away on their own. It’s just blood clotted in the severed veins. He suggested rubbing them aggressively (I was already doing that because it made them feel better) to make them go away faster. Took a picture but you can’t really see the cords.

So I have been to Victoria Secrets a couple times. The first time I went they measured me at a 34DDD but the 36DD was a bit more comfortable. The second time I went because I had a gift card (that I left at home…) and they had a good sale. When I walked in I asked the women who greeted me if I could get sized. Just looking at me she said I was between a 34DDD and 36DD. When I went back to the dressing room the lady who sized me said I was a 36D. I tried one on to appease her and I felt like my boobs were going to pop! But this girl was like “it fits perfect” haha whatever. I went to a different VS last Saturday and the girl who measured me said I was a 34DDD almost a 32.

Just trying to be patient waiting for my girls to heal and get all of their feeling back. I will have to post pics tomorrow. Thank You everyone for your support! oxox

Dallas Plastic Surgeon