50 & Nervous About my Tt Proceedure - Plano, TX

A little over a week away from my surgery and I'm...

A little over a week away from my surgery and I'm getting excited but I'm also nervous. I'm not nervous about the surgery itself, I'm nervous about what the results will be. Also worried about how good my husband is going to take care of me after the surgery. He's not really keen on the idea of me having this done. A lot of family and some friends are not too excited about me getting the surgery done either. They think I am crazy and foolish for spending the money on something like this. Has anyone else had this experience with family or friends? I have been wanting the surgery for more than 10 years and I'm doing this for myself, so I'm not gonna let anything or anyone ruin it for me. So glad I found this site. I'm seeing a lot of posts that are making me feel more comfortable. I will post more closer to my surgery and of course I will post more after surgery with pictures.
Remember you're doing this for YOU! A year ago when I first started to seriously contemplate a TT I jokingly mentioned it to some of my friends and family. They all reacted in horror that I would do something so risky and stupid! So I said "just kidding". Now, a year later I've decided to do it but I'm not telling anyone. My husband knows and two friends who have also had TT's. The people I associate with on a regular basis have no clue. It's my body, and my money and if I want to do something like this for me then it's really none of their business. It'll be interesting to see if anyone notices a difference after I've recovered. If they do I'll tell them I've been on a strict, low carb diet! Good luck! You're going to be done before me!
Thanks blubberbelly:-) . I think I will do the same as you and just not tell anyone else. Everybody is bumming me out. I need support not negativity. BTW hen is your surgery
My surgery is scheduled for September 18th. I'm nervous about the recovery but doing it!

Almost 2 weeks post surgery

feeling great starting to look much better every day still a lot of swelling but am totally in love with my new body. I will post pics when swelling goes down more.
Hi, Glad to see that u are doing ok and can't wait to see the new you.

13 days post-op

Here is a pic of me 13 days post-op. Still swollen, but getting better each day.
I am having mine by Dr. Armijo on 10/23/13.
Hi I'm also 13 days po you're looking great :D I'm yet go see my bellybutton or incision but you are looking very good for less than 2 weeks out xx
Dallas Plastic Surgeon

So far Armijos office has been wonderful with answering all of my questions. I feel very comfortable with him as my doctor. Two weeks post surgery I'm happy happy happy with my new body. Dr Armijo and his staff are wonderful I cannot say enough good things about them. I would recommend him to anyone!!