Finally! - Plano, TX

I've finally decided the get my rhinoplasty...

I've finally decided the get my rhinoplasty yesterday 9/15/11 after many years of thinking about it. I wasn't completely unhappy with my existing nose I had which I thought was too big with nares that were too wide. I did however thought getting it revised would enhance my features and soften my overall look. I'm asian with a pretty straight bridge, bulbous tip due to too much fatty tissue, thick skin and cartilage. My doctor was going to attempt to address these that attributed to my current nose.

I'm one day post op now. I have the splint on and will keep it on for 7 seven days. I can't wait to see the results. I have to say that I'm in no pain whatsoever. While under general anesthesia I decided to get a chin lipo as well and so I have this awful looking chin strap to keep the skin back in placed. My lipo puncture site hurt more than the rhinoplasty. I will continue to post as I progress. Wish me the best.

I finally had my nose job on Sep 15, 2011....

I finally had my nose job on Sep 15, 2011. I've always wanted to do this but never did partly because I was never really unhappy with it. I realized that my nose was bulbous and wide at the base with large nostrils but somehow I was ok with this until the recent birth of my 2nd child. I've noticed that my nose seemed even bigger now. I did hear that your nose gets bigger as you age as well as after pregnancy. I saw Dr. Raphael and decided he was the right MD for me. I'm asian, but sometimes can be mistaken for hispanic or hawaiian. I wanted the bridge to be a little prominent and so we decided to use a gortex implant. He was going to reduce the size of my sil which is the bottem opening of your nares. I'm two days post-op with the splint on which I'm suppose to keep for seven days. I really don't have much pain aside from a sore throat from the intubation. I'm feeling congested and noticing post-nasal drip. I'll continue to monitor this. It's difficult not to blow your nose when you feel like it's so stuffed up

2 years after!

It did take about a whole year to really see the difference. About 2 months after the procedure, the bridge seemed so narrow and unnatural. After awhile the scar tissue started developing and softened the bridge. The tip also is less bulbous. I think it made a big difference . I will try to upload better picture next time.
Plano Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Raphael in my opinion is the best. I'm a surgical nurse so I'm very picky when it comes to selecting a physician. Dr. Raphael has an excellent reputation in Dallas and has performed thousands of surgeries. His staff are as equally knowledgeable. They are professional and discrete. His bedside manners are impeccable. He is technically very gifted.

You're so pretty - before and after. May I ask how long it took to heal? (like how long I would have to take off work)? I am Filipina - have similar nose to your before and would like similar result also - am checking out your doctor! Thanks you in advance!
Thanks for posting your b4 photos but where's the after photos???
I am feeling the same about what you said ..about after your 2nd child. Got even bigger. Each pregnancy of mine my nose grew wider and wider. After my 3rd child for me..my nose got really really big on my face. I'm like omg. I could be your twin..Asian & similar looks to you as well. People think im hawaiian, spanish & black all the time because of my wide nose..lol. I really want know your results..do you like your results for nose and chin as well. :)
Hi Naren. I posted some new pics. Let me know what you think . I had some make up contouring on those photos (xmas party) but the bridge is really pretty.
You were very pretty already. Did dr do anything to your tip? You only mentioned that he inserted a gortex implant on bridge and reduced the size of your nostril size.
Thank you Favian. Not a whole lot on the tip I believe. I posted after pics!

You're so pretty! Thank you for posting your story here on RealSelf. I'm sure it'll help others looking to go through similar procedures. If you want to also post a review about your chin lipo, you can do that here.