It's Time for Me!! 52 Yrs Old with 3 Kids, 2 Grands and an Amazing Hubby! - Plainfield, IL

Hello ladies!! I am 52 and have been married for...

Hello ladies!! I am 52 and have been married for almost 35 years. I have 3 kids who are all married and I am the very proud grandma of 2 beautiful grandbabies! I have always carried weight on my short 5'1" frame but have since lost about 32 lbs. I have 22 more to go to reach my goal where I will happily be at 140, which is a weight at which I will be able to maintain. I will post my before pics as soon as I figure out how to do that! lol

I have been reading about your journeys on rs for about 2 months. I am planning my mm for August of this year and have already had my consultation with Dr Tripti Burt in Plainfield, Illinois. I had a consult with another ps but was not comfortable with her office staff and couldn't find any reviews on her work, which left me a little uncomfortable. I then researched this site and found some really good reviews on Dr Burt. I'm so glad I did!!! I love her and the results you ladies have posted on her work! She is very attentive and answered all my questions, most of them even before I asked.

I so appreciate all the reviews, tips, advice and pics that all you ladies have posted. The documenting of your experiences are invaluable to those of us who are just starting on our journeys! Please keep them coming! I love keeping up with all of you. I pray for blessings and good healing for us all:)
Hi we are similar in size :). I too lost weight with diet and exercise. My highest wt. was 184. I was 142 day of sx. My goal weight is 130. I have about 5-6 lbs to go :). Honestly at 135 I am happy and would be satisfied at this weight. I will continue to follow your journey. Enjoy the pre op period, so many emotions!
Oh thanks so much jo!! I am so thankful for women like you who've shared their journey on this site. It's such a comfort to know so many have give through this before me! I'll keep you posted!
Great decision!!! Good luck and God bless!

Well here goes!!!

So I'm going to be brave and post my before pics! yikes!!!! I cannot wait to get this extra fat/skin off and my "up where they're supposed to be" boobies"!
It does take some bravery to post our pics on here. You should be proud that you took that step because you will have something to compare the after pics to and help others who will learn from your journey. You are going to be the inspiration to do many. I look forward to following your progress.
Thanks so much sexyback! I so appreciate your encouraging words. It helps to know so many other amazing women have gone through this journey before me. I follow your progress and it's such a help knowing I can look back at your progress and know I'm not alone! I am so thankful for your tips and any suggestions you might have to help me along my journey. Blessings to you as you continue to heal! You look amazing btw!
I need to loose at least 35 pounds before I can get a breast augmentation, it's hard I have ever just started but I love white rice, and ice cream haha my daughter loves rice too that's the hard part is getting rid of rice that's all she likes and me too, and I am doubt full on how well diet actually works I also have a herniated disc and is hard for me to walk, totally socks, any suggestions?

Countdown!

So my actual surgery date is August 4th. I actually downloaded a countdown app for my phone. Only 82 days!!!! I cannot wait! So now starts the actual shopping for supplies I will need post op. I am a planner so I love that I have plenty of time to get my stockpile going. I also want to get down to 140 lbs and as of this morning I'm down another 2 lbs so I'm a happy camper about that! Only 21lbs left to go. My ps said it wasn't a problem if I didn't reach my goal but I really want to get to 140. That way if I gain a few because of not being able to work out, I won't be too worried. I hope all you ladies are healing well and to those who like me are still waiting, continue to prepare! Have a great week!

2 Months from Today!!!!

Ok, I can't believe it's only 2 months until I am on the flat side! Yikes!!! I am so excited but I need to get my supplies first so really I'm glad I have time. My hubby and I are taking a motorcycle trip in 3
weeks so I'll get everything I need for
post op after that. I have to admit this
mm is becoming an obsession with me! I
think my family is getting tired of me
talking about it but I really can't help
myself! Lol.
I have lost another pound, its really coming off slowly the closer I get to my goal. Ugh!!

I wanted to say THANK YOU to all of you lovely ladies who take the time to comment and encourage me. It helps me more than you know!
Happy healing to us all!

Well I will write an update again after I get my supplies.
You won't regret!!!! Is the best sensation in the world!!! Good Luck to you honey!!
Thanks so much FLmama! I'm so excited! Only 57 days:-) I'll keep you posted!
I'm cheering for you!!!!

Only 53 days....not that I'm counting or anything!!

So I am really excited about my upcoming mm! It's just about all I think about these days even though I have a 10 day motorcycle trip coming up next week. I just want the trip to over with so I can focus on my sx and being prepared for that. I feel bad for being so obsessed about it but I can't help it....I've waited so long for this! Why do I feel guilty?? I just want to be on the flat side and have my girls nice and full and up where they belong.

Anyway, enough with the guilt! I am posting a couple of recent before pics, I can see a change with my weightloss but I know most of this can't be fixed except by surgery. As one fellow realselfer put it, my belly looks angry and my boobs look sad! lol Good way of putting it I think. Well, here goes....

Oops! Mean't to add this one too!

I will be following you... same surgery date and have not done much prep. Already at the goal weight you want because it's not weight I need to lose (I'm 135lbs). I need boobs and have a herniated umbilical cord. Lots of luck to you and will be looking for your lists on what to buy!! So excited for both of us (and scared, too)!
So cool to know you'll be having your mm the same day as mine! I will begin my shopping list just after the 4th of July. I am throwing a surprise b'day party for my daughter so that's taking a lot of my time right now. Excited to stay shopping though! I'll keep you posted and I'll be watching for your updates! Blessings on a great result:)
I am with Duchess on the detox, whether water or juice. I detoxed before my both of my surgeries. I felt better, had little or no bruising, and with the tt, it cleans you out well before you have to face the 1st BM. Speaking of which, start your softener several days before surgery too.

Only 36 days!!

Well, I can't believe I'm only 36 days away from my mm! I am busy getting ready, ordering supplies and lining up help for the first week after sx. I will post pics when I receive all my supplies. For those of you who have gone before, would you recommend purchasing the silicone scar sheets before or after sx? Also, I've read about some who really like to cleanse a couple months before sx. Is this something I should be doing? Sorry for all the q's, I just want the best result possible. Please advise:)
The next 4-5 weeks are going to go so fast - I am so excited for you! I didn't do any type of clense prior to surgery but I would suggest making sure the days before your surgery you get lots of protein in your system. How was the bike trip? Just think - this time NEXT year you'll be a hot biker babe!
Haha! I sure hope so! It was so cool and I mean that literally! Lol, It was only 40* one day with rain...too cold for me! Thanks for the tips, I'll definitely step up my protein intake. Hope you are doing well also:)

Will my day ever get here???

Well I am now at 30 days and counting! It feels like it's taking forever for my day to get here. I know it's worth the wait, but I am a bit impatient these days. But I'm staying very busy. I threw a big party on the 4th for my daughter's 30 bday! I can't believe I am the momma of a 30 yr old! Where did the time go and when did I get old?? Well I'm about to take care of a little of that, Ha!! This time next year I will be one hot momma!! hehe!!

I will upload a pic of my supplies when I finish getting everything. I am in love with Amazon btw! lol
Happy healing my sweet RS ladies;)
I am so excited for you!! Thanks for posting on my page. I will keep an eye on how you do. Ya for putting ourselves first!
Thanks so much! Go us!;)
If you don't have one already, add a shower stool to your supply list. I borrowed my mom's and it was a huge help. The other thing I wish I'd had more of was bottled water. Once I was able to drive to the store I was stuck because I couldn't lift it to buy more. You will be glad you stocked up, I promise.

Finally getting some supplies!

So as I said in my previous post, I am obsessed with Amazon! Uh oh, this could be a bad thing! lol Anyway, here is a very short list of the things I've received so far...
Med support zip up sports bra
Arnica Montana
Hurt free wrap

(Not in pic)
Cases of Water
Zero Vitamin Water

I will post more pics as I continue to get my supplies. At least this is keeping me busy, although I am still always on here, checking in on all you RS ladies. I hope those of you who are already on the flat side continue to heal well. For those of us still waiting for our turn, lets keep our eye on the prize by eating the best we can and keeping good thoughts for a great result!! My prayers are with us all!! God Bless:)
Now I'm super excited for you and me. What are you getting done, if I may ask? I have my surgery with Dr. Burt next week (yikes). I haven't been on RS a lot... cuz I could sit here and spend hours. I haven't posted my story... hopefully, I will get around it before my surgery. Best of luck!!!
Thanks for commenting! You'll find everyone here on RS is sooo supportive and helpful. You will love it! I am having bl & ba- around 300cc's I think, tt with lipo on my flanks abd bra roll. When are you having your sx and what are you getting done? I cannot wait! Please post your story so we can follow along. I'm sure you are so excited! Keep us posted!
How exciting!! I have my sx on July 15 I will be praying for all of us and that we all have a fast recovery :) and I'm hopeing my emotions don't get the best in me

25 more days!!!

I can't believe I have only 25 more days to go til I'm a member of the flat side!! Most days it seems so far away but today I realized it's less than just over 3 weeks! I have just a few more supplies left to receive and then my stash is complete. I am posting a pic of my new supplies up to this point and will post my last supply pic by next week. I am also posting two more disgusting pics of my pitiful looking tummy! I cannot wait for all this hanging skin and extra fat to be gone once and for all. I know I have a lifetime of watching my calories, but I will NEVER get to this point again!
So here goes......
Hi! I was happy to find your review...I have been looking for someone who was close to my age, size, etc. and with a surgery close to mine. I am scheduled for a TT and BL with MR and lipo to flanks on August 11, 2014. Like you, I am counting down the days and getting supplies together. Got a couple ideas from you already. Thanks! I am 51 - mother of 2, 3 abdominal surgeries, weight loss from highest of 210 to current of 148 which I have maintained for about 2 years now. I will be following your journey for sure! Soon I will start my own review and get some pics out there. Good luck and can't wait to see ya on the flat side!
Thanks so much dazzlady! Welcome to RS! So glad you found some of my tips helpful. Your sx is coming up very soon as well! Isn't it exciting to think in less than a month we will both be on the flat side!! Blessings to you as you prepare for the 11th;)
Hi NewLook2014, I am a NewMe2014. You are so going to love your new look! I'm 55 and had my tt in April. I understand your impatience for the big day to come. I wish I'd done mine years ago! I'm glad you are making friends here. It was soooo helpful for me to come here and count on my friends for the first several week post sx. I look forward to following your posts!

Questions????

So I have some q's for your ladies who have made it to the flat side.
1-When should I start taking Arnica Montana and Bromelain?
2-Would getting a full body massage a few days before sx help at all?
3-What were some of the first foods you ate after sx?
4-Should I buy a 2nd cg before sx?

Please help!

More pics

I almost forgot to upload these pics I took this morning. I bought some cute little panties to wear after I get to the flat side so I thought I'd take a before pic of me wearing them...yuck!
The next pic is of more supplies that I ordered this week. Juven which is great for repairing tissue after injury or sx, Bio Oil, and Nux Vomica which I put in a pic a few days ago, lol. Will post more soon!
Hello just read your blog!! 8/4 is just around the corner! have you had your Pre-Op yet? I cannot wait to see your results. Im going in on 8/12. What all will you be having. TT, BL, BA and Lipo? I too am passing on the Arnica and Bromelain. I will eat the Fresh pineapple and buy pineapple flavored coconut water now that tastes really good and you can even add a splash of the cranberry juice or the Acai Berry juice for extra added Vitamin C that will make it taste better. I figure Im spending enough money on this so I am trying to cut wherever I can. Im actually glad that I read on your blog that I shouldn't buy the CG until later :) Ill hold off on that too now because I haven't found one that I like under $80!! Keep in contact!! :)
Thanks so Much! I'm actually having my pre-op tomorrow at 1! I will update after that. I can't wait for my mm. I will try adding the cranberry to the coconut water, that stuff just tastes nasty to me. I will definitely keep in touch!
I just saw your questions. Guess I just passed over them. Don't take the arnica or bromelain until after surgery. They are basically herbal anti-inflammatories. I figured they couldn't hurt at that point. I liked a lot of fresh fruits and my Gladiator shakes post surgery. I really wasn't too hungry feeling as my belly was so tight. Bromelain is found naturally in fresh pineapple, which also has lots of other good things in it. I found coconut water to be the most helpful for swelling. I had to mix it with OJ or cranberry juice as I didn't like the flavor. But it's a natural diuretic and also helped my bowels work. A nice Swedish massage probably helps relaxation and will increase blood flow which is healthy for the tissues. Wait on the compression garment. I went home with one and got a smaller one at a follow - up appointment. As I shrank, I bought another. And now have the girdle I am wearing when I work or exercise. I agree with dmw_1980. I've used a lot of gauze pads and used a borrowed walker from a friend for a couple of days for help getting around and up from a sitting position. Hope this helps.

Pre-op today!!

I had my pre-op this afternoon. I have to say I just love my ps, Dr Tripti Burt! She took time with me and answered all my q's. I have full confidence in her and her abilities. I can't wait!

My sx will be August 4th at 7:30. The surgery center will call a couple days before with all my instructions for that morning. I am not going with the pain pump as I originally had planned. My ps is now also using the Experdal injections that last up to 72 hours after sx, so I chose to go with that. I love the idea of having one less tube hanging from my body! She said I may or may not need drains in my breasts but she will make that call during sx. I hope she doesn't need to do that! My ps gives the Sinecch brand of Arnica Montana to all her patients so I got mine today. Guess I didn't need to buy that one! lol I'm going with 350-400cc's depending on which one looks better. She said the real difference is that the larger one is bigger around so that would help if I'm a little loose on the sides. She asked me if I was more concerned with being too small or too big, I said I would rather have them a little smaller than too big for me. I have a small frame and just think I would look ridiculous with big boobs. I have lost weight so I don't want anything to make myself look big again.

This has been a very long time coming and its finally within my reach! I am beyond the moon with excitement! I find myself thinking about what it will finally be like to not have this blob hanging off me. It's something I've only dreamed about up to this point. I have my husband to thank for this. He is a man above men and I love him with all my heart! We've been together since we were kids and I am so excited to share this experience with him. Only with his love and support and his help financially, am I able to have this mm and this chance on a "new lease on life". I love this man!
Blessings to us all, to us who are waiting for our turn and those who've already made it to the flat side! You are all blessings to me :)
I'm getting excited for you! In my head, I thought your procedure was the 1st. I guess I was trying to hurry it up for you. :-) I'm so glad that your husband is awesome. I wouldn't trade mine. Not only do we love each other, but he's a great friend. He's pretty awesome compared to some I've been around. I don't even mind him being high maintenance, he works long & hard and allows me a great life. :-) So, are you just 'beyond ready' for this? I'm so glad I had only 30 days from consults to surgery. I'm rather impatient I reckon. :-) Just get plenty of rest and good nutrition during this waiting period. Cheers!
Thanks so much msquick1! I am sooo ready for this! I'm glad we have AWESOME hubby's, you and I. Don't know what I'd do without mine! He is my rock:) I think this time is going to crawl by, but hopefully I'm wrong! Lol Thanks for the encouragement, it means a lot! Glad to read your posts as well and so glad you're going good.
We have so much in common, Wow! I'm 52, 5'2" and scheduled for my sx July 29th at 6:45 in the morning. I'm so ready for my new look! It will be so nice to get rid of some loose skin and I'm actually looking forward to all the lipo I have planned, even though I know I'm going to look and feel like a train wreck soon afterwards! LOL! I loved reading your profile and could really relate to what you're experiencing! Keep us posted!

1 week from tomorrow!!!!!!!

I can't believe my time is finally within my grasp! Only 1 week from tomorrow and it's my turn. How long I've waited for this to happen for me. I am so blessed! My hubby and I were just talking about this today while out riding on the motorcycle, (my last ride until next year actually) and we were saying how my body's going to change dramatically. How much better I will feel when we are being intimate, which he hasn't seen me standing up fully naked in more than a few years. He never made me feel less than, but I felt it myself. I'm sure some of you know what I'm talking about. I'm so ready for finally feeling good about my body! Finally feeling beautiful! I can't wait! Blessing to us all!!!
Getting so close for you! I know you are so excited! Sending hugs and healing your way and I will be thinking of you and looking for updates from you on Monday! Or Tuesday....or as soon as you feel up to it! Rest and heal! I am finally getting the nerve up to start my own review. Guess I need to go take the dreaded before pics now.....
Yes you do! Thanks so much and I am so excited! I will post pics asap after surgery. I'm really hoping I'm not in too much pain afterwards!
Me and you both! Are you getting Exparel?

The Day After Tomorrow!!!!

So I've been so busy preparing for Monday! Yesterday I worked in the morning, got my hair colored, packed a couple bags to take to my sister's, got a great massage (not deep tissue!), then went to lunch with my cousin. This morning I worked again, ran to the grocery store, got a mani/pedi, sprayed for wasps (bad this year!), took my M.O.M. to prep for sx, then having the
kids over for a salad dinner!

I think I'm almost ready! I'm working tomorrow morning, then church. After that I am just going to try to relax and enjoy the rest of my pain free time!

I feel like I have made this very long journey and now I'm almost at my destination. I'm so blessed to be able to do this. I'm thankful for all of you here on RS for all your words of encouragement, all your prayers and even you're humor during sine very difficult times. You are awesome! I'll try and post Monday morning before sx but I'm not promising anything; ) Blessings to us all!
I so can't wait to hear how everything went!! Hope you are doing well and that surgery went smoothly!!!!!!
Thank your! I'm doing great so far and my sister is taking awesome care of me! I'll post an update that way I can tell it once;) Thanks for asking!
Been thinking about you today! Hope all went well! Can't wait to see your fantastic results!

I'm on the Flat side!

So sx went great! My ps is awesome although I really haven't seen much expert a little cleavage which looks great! I did throw up a few times when I got home just from moving around. But nothing for the last couple of hours. My ps called to check to on me around 9:30 which was awesome! She was so attentive with all my q's and I just love her! She went with 400cc's implants. I'm
swollen now and will be for a while and I
can't wait to see them on Thursday. I
had the Exsperal injections and I am
virtually pain free at this point! So glad I
had them instead of the pain pump! My
sister is taking wonderful care of me, she's an angel! Hope all of you having sx soon have very little pain and great results. Those waiting, hang in there, your times coming! Thanks to you all for your well wishes and prayers, Bless you and thank you!!!!
Hey girl! How is POD2? We're almost there! I feel a lot better today, pain is still bearable but a little tugging on left drain and some tummy stitches. I started arnica today... what about you? Haven't taken bromelain yet bcz I eat pineapples every day. Can you see anything yet? I'm tempted to look under the CG but don't want to mess with any stitches or tubing- better just not touch anything! Lol. I haven't felt the need to wash yet or even do dry shampoo- have you? My daughter has been wiping me w body wipes. :) Hope you have a great day today! Don't go passing out on us anymore! ;)
Hope your night went well! Soooo happy for you!
Yes I'm peeing a lot which is good. Haven't had a bm yet but I feel a little rumbling down there. So hopefully soon. I cannot express enough about the exparel injections! I don't know how much pain I would be in if I hadn't had those. I am virtually pain free except when I get up to potty but that's not even too bad. I'm taking juven twice a day for muscle repair along with the rest of my meds. Thanks for yoru concern and well wishes. It means a lot.

Here is my first post op pic!

Don't mind the blood, it's just draining. It was like that when I came out of sx. I have my post op tomorrow so I'll try and get more pics. I can't believe I'm finally on the Flat side! Blessings to us for continued healing and to those still waiting your turn. Yay for us all!!!

ugh, it's not cooperating!

finally got a pic!

How did the post op go today?
Am sure your Post op will go well, thanks for keeping us updated, how are you sleeping?
I can tell it looks great already

Can't believe this is me!

Had my post op and I couldn't be happier! Ps removed 1 drain, get the other one out next Thursday. She said she removed 8-9 lbs of skin and fat! The exparel totally helped in my pain management which ultimately helped me bounce back quicker. I totally love Dr Burt and her team. They are caring professionals that have their patients best interest at heart! Blessings to all who are recuperating and to those who are still wondering, do it! I waited 20 years for this and I can already say it is worth it 10 times over!

lets try this again!

Great to hear your journey and see your pics- you look great and the best is yet to come!
Thank you Dream Cruiser! I'm feeling better every day. Thanks for the encouraging words:) Planning on updating my pics in a day or two.
Looks like you didn't have to worry about losing those last few lbs after all! That's amazing how much extra skin/fat was just hanging around. You look swollen but under all that I know you look amazing. Keep hydrating and rest! I can't wait to see more as you heal and take shape! :)

ouchy!

Ok so I've been having this strange pain in my left tricep when I try and reach behind my back! Its just the one side but it really stings when I reach behind me. I didn't have lipo anywhere near there. I'm baffled! Any ideas?
Hey newlook! How's the aches and pains? Each day a different pain :) - it's either bruised or itchy for me! LOL... Have you tried the bromelian tablets yet? I haven't had much of an appetite- mostly soup and fruit. Idk how much I even weigh (scale is upstairs!). Anyway, wondering if the bromelain would get rid of some of our bruises...
Hey there! Yes I've been taking Bromelain as well as arnika Montana. The pain is a bit better as I heal so I think it's just going to be pary of the nature of the best. Definitely didn't drink enough water yesterday so my bm was so painful and a very drawn out process! Drink Your Water Ladies! Also found my tea that had gotten lost in transition after coming home from my sister's. That tea is wonderful! Going to shower again today so afterwards I will be ready for a nice nap. Happy healing ladies! I so appreciate all your support here on RS!
Hi, Newlook. Glad to hear you're doing well. I have a suggestion for you. I struggled with irritable bowel syndrome for a long time. Someone suggested Metamucil, which I resisted for some time, thinking how can fiber make my diarrhea better? I finally tried the yummy suger free orange flavor (tastes like Tang) and I've not had one bout since. Particularly important: I didn't have ANY trouble after my surgery, even with taking pain meds. No constipation at all. It's worth a try and you'll be glad you did!

Bruising looks worse than it is.... Thank God!

So my hubby took these right after my shower today. The bruising is very severe but it's not near as painful. Its always a big ordeal to shower but it's so worth feeling human again and getting out of my cg for a bit. Feeling the water hit and cleanse my body is just about indescribable! Now I'm put back together and sitting comfortably in my chair with a big bottle of water next to me. Life is good and I am blessed:)

Ugh! pics never upload right!

You are looking good for so soon after surgery. Take your time with you own healing. Good wishes to each day being better. Especially with the back.
Dream Cruiser you are doing amazing yourself! Congrats on the continued weight loss! I can't wait to see you on the Flat side! Thanks for commenting!
Thanks....am getting so excited for my surgery! And reading the journeys on RS has encouraged me even more, knowing this is the right decision for me, and whatever pain or problems that arise, they will all be over at so e point, and I will be on the flat side too!

Going to try sleeping in my bed tonight.

So I think I'm going to give sleeping in my bed a shot tonight! Hubby goes back to work tonight and it'll be my first night alone. My kids moved into their own place last night so it's perfect timing. We'll see if I'm actually successful! Lol I'll update tomorrow work a new pic add well! Hope you're all healing great or excitedly waiting your turn! Love to all my RS Friends!
So happy for you! I cant wait to join you on the flat side. You look great!
Thanks! Your time will be here before you know it!
Good Luck tonight! Don't forget to have lots of pillows around. At least one for under your knees - straight legs may pull on your belly. Prayers to sleep well!

So that didn't happen!

Ok,so here's how it went down. Got everything ready, pillows, tv remote, water, phone, so I layed down on the couch. Things didn't seen too bad physically, but then I couldn't reach my phone. I started to panic a bit and realized at that moment that maybe I should have tried this while there was still someone in my house! Soooo....I decided to calm down and pray, so that's just what I did! The good Lord helped me relax and in so do I was able to calmly roll on my side a bit and get onto my hands and knees. God's just good like that all the time with me! So I slept in my chair where I finally slept a total of about 4 hours all night. I will be napping today! Hope you're all doing well! On the other hand I do love my new accessories! ;)
How was the sofa? Or bed? Or is it still the recliner! thinking of you every night when I go to sleep...and wondering how you night is going..
You're so sweet! I haven't made it to the bed yet, decided to wait until I get my last drain removed tomorrow. Thanks for thinking of me!
Looking good. I was thinking of you

Feeling better!

So haven't tried sleeping in my bed or even on the couch again. Going to wait till I get my final drain removed tomorrow. I took a shower almost by myself today though! Only needed hubby's help for unhooking/hooking my cg. It felt so good to final do that fire myself. Even dried my hair a little afterward. I am really beginning to see my shape take shape! Still have lots of swelling and bruising but I can see my future body in all of that. I'm so excited and thankful!
I'm exactly like you! Totally need help with the CG! Can you imagine trying to put this thing on by yourself?! Who invented these things! Sheesh. My poor old mom with arthritis fingers struggling to get me into this contraption. It was a lot easier waiting for husb to come home and help now that PS wants it zipped all the way up (my mom gives up halfway). But isn't it so nice to be out of it if only for a short while to take a nice warm shower? I never knew sitting under a shower could feel so good!! I think I'll keep the chair in that bathroom forever and use it as my own personal spa later (oh and after the drought, of course! Haha).
Oh I'm with you girl! I just had to put more gauze around my drain hole....started to feel a little burn so I think I may have pulled it a little somehow. Ugh! I have hit to get this out tomorrow or I may have to have a good cry! Lol. I know it's going to be worth it but I'm pooped! Hope we both have great rest tonight tonight. Sweet dreams my friend;)
I read somewhere on here, that it helps to get the CG on if you use a little baby powder on your skin first.

Drains are gone!!!!

So I had my 10 day post op with Dr Burt. I just love her and I think she does beautiful work! I know I'm only 10 days out but I already am so pleased with my results! I am so beyond blessed to have
had this opportunity and even in the
days when I had no strength left, I would still do it all over again! I know there still
may be rough days ahead but I am 100% positive I made the best choice for me. Blessings to all my RS Friends, I wouldn't
be so positive without you all. You help
me more than you know and I'm so
grateful. So continue to rest and heal and be good to yourselves. You deserve it!!!:)
So glad to hear of your little steps! Drains out is such a milestone, eh? These next few days you'll feel better & better so remember. To still take it easy! Hugs and blessings your way. :-)
Thanks so much! I went to the grocery store with hubby and I was tired when I got home so it was relax time for the rest of the day for me. Thanks for checking in!
Yeah! Drainless! And thank you so much for sharing your amazing journey. You have been an inspiration!

Grocery store Outing! WOOHOO!

So I would never think I would be so excited to go to the grocery store but today it happened! Hubby and I strolled around like we were on a date. It was so simple but so important to me. We took our time and got our groceries. When we came home, hubby put everything away and I took a much needed nap. Later this evening i showered and had a light dinner. It's these small daily duties that make me feel more normal. I love them and can't wait to do just a little more tomorrow. All things in moderation:) Happy healing everyone!
Hey frat twin! So... romantic stroll in the supermarket eh? So cute! Glad to hear you are doing well and I see BB has made its reappearance! My tapes were sticky like yours too but last time I went in, PS peeled them off, slipped out my drains, and gave me a new adjustable binder like yours. Lol to the comment below... I tried on clothes in my closet upstairs and it took forever! Not sure if I was happy or not or just unsure of what looks good or right on me... not used to having boobs. My clothes were made for the flat-chested!
I hear ya! Before the only boobs I ever had were from my very padded bras! Lol. Looking forward to all things to settle and swelling to be done so I can shop, shop, shop!!! Lol
You are taking a nice shape and the swelling is going down! Glad to see that your are up and about. The more you move the easier it becomes. I love your attitude. Just wait until you take a trip to Kohls or the mall or wherever you like to shop. You'll be in the dressing room for a while. If you bring your husband you should advise him to pack a snack. :)

No more tape!!!

So a couple days ago I developed a rash all around the areas where I was taped on my incisions. It was so itchy I even took benadryl a couple times. So I called my ps who was in sx and her wonderful asst Peggy called me back and said it was probably a reaction to the tape still being on my incisions. I mean over 2weeks this has been on with no signs of coming off on its own. She said to remove it all while showering then to clean with alcohol, apply bacitracin and cover with gauze. I have to say I was a little freaking out with the thought of taking this tape off myself! So to calm my fears I sang Silent Night the entire time I was in the shower! (Yes, I am a Christmas addict!!;)) Thankfully my skin is still numb in a lot of places so it didn't hurt. Afterwards I looked in the mirror and I couldn't be more pleased with my scars! They are very thin and after all my healing is done my best scars will hardly even be visible. My tummy has no signs of dog ears and is also very thin. I'm so thankful I had this sx! Now I'm ready to finish healing and move forward with my life.

I also found a sports bra by Ballymena with a zip front and racer back. Its so comfy and I'll be able to wear it when I begin to work out again. I am one happy camper! ;)

New bra

Looky at you - all flat bellied and perky boobed. Glad to see your coming along. Keep up the good healing. :-)
Aww thank you! I'm pleased with my healing so far. Hoping there'll be no bumps in the road ahead:)
Happy you were able to get that tape off! I haven't even dared to peel mine back to even peek.. I feel like it I feel something might tear! The new bra looks so comfy too... Congrats on good scaring :)

Me without tape! Yay!!

Finally without tape so I'm posting this new pic. As you can see my skin is very angry from the tape! Tender, swollen and inflammed. Buy i think my scars will be thin and over time barely visible. I love my girls and I'm actually symmetrical but I'm holding my phone weird. I am very pleased!
Looking beautiful!!! I bet that skin is going to be so happy to breathe now!!
Thank you! I sure hope so! Lol
Looking good and new! Love the new bra also. The scars do look great, lucky flat girlie! Enjoy the new look!

Things I Really Used

So I thought I would list the things I really needed or used during this mm process.
Recliner-would've been harder without it
Small pillows
Scott's personal wipes
shower stool
Juven-repairs tissue
Vitamin water
Circle travel pillow-especially for sleeping in recliner
Bacitracin

This is a basic list of the main things I found I used. Everyone is different and we all have different needs. Purchase your supplies according to your needs. If you buy things you don't need maybe you can take it back. I hope I remembered the important things here. Happy healing! :)
OUCH! That rash looks uncomfortable to me! Maybe you should share the cold packs with it. :-) Did your doc say you could put some hydrocortisone or benadryl cream on it? Any way, you really look like your healing well and shaping up nicely. :-)
Thank you,I think I might try some hydrocortisone on it. It isn't quite as bad but after 4 days it's still very uncomfortable! Just wish it would go away:(
hey REAL FRIEND! (congrats) :D You look great! I'm really impressed with how well your scars turned out so far. I can see your mid-section taking shape and once that swelling goes down I know you'll be looking even more amazing! The breasts are filling out nicely - I can't wait to see what kind of motorcycle outfits you sport next summer! Super sexy momma! Very happy for you - couldn't have happened to a nicer person!

Back to work!

So I went back to work this morning. 4:20am came way too early! Thankfully I did my hair the night before so I only had to freshen it up this morning. I only worked about 4 hours due to being uncomfortable twisting in my desk chair. I am on the computer and also use a hand held scanner for my job so I was a bit sore and swollen by the time I got home. I have been relaxing since I got home. I am pooped! Hopefully each day my body will get used to the movements I need to make at my desk. My rash is still there so I think tonight after my shower i will try hydrocortisone. If not I'm calling my ps tomorrow. Hope you all are doing well! Blessings for your tomorrow:)
Hey twinnie! Just checkin' up on you! :) Can you believe we're coming up on 3wks?!! I still tire easily but my mom went back and I'm on my own now- back to normal life. But my mom is almost 80, so it was a hard wks for her- she was in almost as ad shape as I was!! Haha... it was like 2 old ladies hobling around, groaning and grunting! Read yo went back to work already, brave lady! Wow! Sending you some energy vibes, as I can't imagine working under this kind of recuperation. Have a great weekend!!
Hey gf! I'm doing good. Still battling a bit with my sensitive skin but other than that everything is moving right along. Its hubby and my anniversary Monday do were celebrating today. Grand plans, movie, dinner the buying a new storm door! Lol. That's how we role after 35 years! I love it though. Glad you're doing well. Hope you're weekend is great!
Happy 35th anniversary you two!!! Have a beautiful time!!

I think I'm turning a corner!

So today is the first day since I pulled thessurgical tape off that I haven't had an oozing on my skin around my scars. I can't tell you how good that feels! Still have almost a stinging feeling at times on my skin around my breasts and a lot of redness on my abdomen. Anybody
else have anything like this? If it's normal I'll just deal with it but just want to make sure all is progressing as it should. Otherthan that I'm feeling better each day. At this point it's just a wait and heal sort of thing. Hope all my RS sisters are doing well!
I love your list of things "really needed", as so many of us have bought too much (me too). Tingling is absolutely normal! I also had redness for weeks (but I had a seroma too). My ps said a fever would be the sign of infection, which I didn't get, and of course the redness went away as he said it would :-) You are ONLY 3 weeks PO. Take care, don't overdo, and continue with Happy Healing for another couple of months.
You look amazing! Hopefully, each day at work will get easier.

My latest discovery!

So I haven't started my scar treatment yet, I'm purchasing it from my ps on Saturday. I know longer need to use the gauze fire my incisions but without something my hyper sensitive skin gets a bit raw. My ps' assistant said to use a tube sock but I thought that would be a bit thick under my cg. So I got to thinking about my old soft flannel gowns I used to wear and remembered I still had a large piece of one that for some reason I had saved. Well I applied the Auqaphor then placed the flannel over my scar and put on my tank top to hold it in place under my cg. It worked like a charm! My hyper sensitive skin is beginning to calm down and even the itching is at a minimum. I am feeling such relief finally! Just thought I'd let you all know:) Happy healing ladies!
Oh thank God bcz your itching was making me itchy just reading about it!!! hahaha... I'm glad you found a cheap, quick fix for it. Once you stop itching and prevent the rubbing, it'll have a chance to finally heal and hopefully you'll be rid of that nasty rash, eh? Darn itches - like we need one more thing to complicate the healing process! :p
Oh I know! I'm just thankful it's not anything worse. So many people have a lot bigger issues than me and I feel so bad for them. Every day gets a little better. My swelling was much better tonight too! Woohoo! Small accomplishments each day right?!
What a great idea! Glad the itches are subsiding. And may I ask where you found your Juven? Have been looking for some, but no luck yet. Continued healing your way

Finally a real bra!

So I'm posting a pic of the new sports bra I found today at Kohls. Its by Bali and it supports but without an underwire. I'm so excited not to have to wear my surgical bra anymore! Even though it's still a sports bra I feel like I'm one step closer to total healing. I'm in cute panties too and with no belly hang over! I still have swelling but with time that'll go down too. Things are definitely looking up!

Oops! Forgot the pic;)

Looking good!!!! So, was it worth it??? ;)
Absolutely! I'd do it again in a heartbeat!
Love your spirit! Thanks!

I just don't understand....

My husband had been so supportive during this entire mm. From the very beginning when it was just an idea until after surgery whee he took such good care of me. So why doesn't he wasn't too see me now, my new body? I'm so confused! I just got done showering and asked him if he'd like to come and see me....he didn't say a word and stayed in the family room. I waited for a few minutes, then put my clothes on when I realised he wasn't coming in. I am hurt and confused. I told him I'd never ask him to look at me again. I just don't get it, most men would jump at the chance to see their wife naked! anyone else had this experience with their men? I'm very hurt:( Please advise
Ditto all... Sorry to hear you're sad, twinnie, and hope today has been better for you. It is a psychological journey for everyone involved. Maybe others feel like it's not just us all the time - I mean, we had the surgery already - it's done, get on with life, etc. You won't know what's going on in his head unless you ask him. Maybe it's nothing, maybe he needs some TLC too, maybe something's going on at work... Just talk to him. Don't be sad. You know we're all on this emo-rollercoaster together. Some days will be good, others won't - but remember we did this for ourselves, not for someone else. Don't take it too seriously before you know what the underlying issue is...
Thanks my friend! We did talk this morning and he was a little nervous about seeing me cuz that was something I never wanted him to do up until my sx. I know it's a journey for him as well. Thanks for understanding. I love our RS family!
NewLook.....hoping you can calmly and lovingly sit down and ask him how he feels about everything. He has been there for you all this time, and to suddenly switch is odd, and maybe there is something he is uncomfortable about, or unsure of....and talking..getting it out in the open and coming to a solution that works for both of you. Maybe he needs a little extra TLC at this point in your recovery. Just a thought. Hugs to you!

Everything always seems better in the light of day...

First I want to thank all my friends who encouraged me last night when I was so down. You all are the best! Hubby and I talked this morning and we both shared our hearts. For so many years I didn't want him to see my body so when I asked him if he wanted to see me last night, he was apprehensive about it, wondering if I truly wanted him to see me. I know this is a process for both of us but we're in this for the long haul. It just may take a little while to gain that confidence we both have lacked for quite a while. I'm looking forward to the future and I know that God has some great times ahead for hubby and I!

On another note, I had my first massage today and the therapist said I look more like someone a couple months post op rather than just under 4 weeks! That made me very happy! She said my scars look amazing and will lighten up nicely. She showed me how to lightly rub my scars and tummy area to help with drainage. She also suggested using organic Jojoba oil to massage my scars. I got some on my way home. Things are definitely looking better today:)
Way to go Newlook! You 'be got everything going for you now....now continue with the forward motion...and thanks so much for keeping us updated. After reading a few of the responses after your 'issue', I had my husband read a couple of ladies journeys...so he could be more prepared for what is to come, and what he can expect. I even had him look at before and after pictures...figured he needed to see what I may look like. Have a great day! Hugs!
Thanks so much! I did have hubby look at before and after with me before my sx. I think it was just a little more intensethat's he thought it was going to be. But thankfully he's good about it all now. I am very blessed and thankful! Hugs back at ya my friend:)
Newlook you did it!! I have not been on here in a while due to work and school but I wanted to check in and am so happy you made it to the other side! !! This is definitely going to be a ride for a while and then all of a sudden u start feeling like yourself. And you will see changes for months. Good changes. I thought I was looking good at 4 weeks and then when I compared it to a pic at 11 weeks. ..wow what a difference. You look great and I am very happy for you! !!

Such a good day!

Hubby and I had a fun day! Church this morning, then to a friend's going away party, out to dinner then home for a nice evening with my hubs. Tried on one of my "former" bras and it barely fits. Time to go shopping soon!
Oh and I forgot to mention that I was between 304cc and 339cc. They say when in doubt go bigger. I am fearful of being too big. Question for you: What bra size are you (so far in the healing) and are you happy with size? Do you like how your clothes fit with the new boobs? I'm starting out as a flattened B cup and shooting for a full C to smaller D. I'm wearing the rice sizers every evening to get used to the size. Did you notice a difference between the size in how they looked when you tried them in the sx office pre-op and how they actually turned out, or is it difficult to tell since your MM involved a lift? Thank you kindly and much appreciate your review!!
Oh thanks so much! Yes, please feel free to ask anything you want, I'm an open book! I started out around a B cup and now I'm at least a full C. I haven't been fitted as of yet cuz I'm waiting for my right breast to settle in, Dr says its not finished yet. Lol. I love my breasts! I was afraid of being too big so for me they're perfect. I've lost 36lbs so far and I didn't want to make myself look big again by having big boobs. I will be posting tonight after my shower so you can see how my scars are looking. My ps and massage therapist says I look more like I'm a few months out instead of 6 weeks. I was very encouraged! I can say without any doubts that this had been a life changing experience. I finally feel good in my own skin! I am buying clothes that I never would have even tried on before cuz of my rolls. Its such an amazing feeling! I look forward to following your journey and please feel free to ask anything! That's what we're here for:) Blessings to you!
Hello! I was happy to come across your review again! I am very similar to you in many ways. I'm 57 yrs old, Married 33 years, have grand children, Lost a great deal of weight (twice), so many similarities in body shape and type of loose skin on tummy. My boobs are starting out smaller and I won't need a lift. My SX date is October 16, 2014. Helps to read your review and see your pic's!! I hope to keep up on your progress and can't wait to see more pics. Would love to be able to "call on you" as I go through my sx and healing process. You are an inspiration to me and thank you for sharing your experience! hugs!

Feeling more like myself every day!

Hello ladies! Hope you're all doing well. I am feeling good these days. My scars are healing nicely so far although my ps says my scars will get a deep purple color before they lighten up for good. Good thing I like purple! Hehe;) I am still pretty numb in a lot of areas on my tummy and breasts but it gets better each day. A small price to pay for this experience I think! I have been ok'd to start aerobic exercise but no weights and no ab work. Can't wait to get to the gym! I am still very swollen in my girlie area, looks very much like a Ken doll fire sure! Ps says that's the last place that swelling will go down....great! Lol. Well this experience is a long term commitment and I'm in it for the long haul. Whatever I need to do is fine. Gotta keep my eye on the prize! Blessings to you all!

Forgot this one

Can't wait to see update photo. Do you still love your result?
Yes I do! My right breast hasn't fully settled yet but my PS says it just talked time sometimes. I am still swollen in my girlie region but my PS says that's the last spot that gets back to normal. Hope she's right and it goes down sooner rather than later! Lol. Hope you're doing well
You look amazing! You are quite the trooper! I have truly enjoyed reading about your journey. I can't wait for your updates! Happy healing!

Finally some new pics!

So I finally took some new pics tonight after my shower. The red lines you see under my breasts are just from my bra band. Right breast still has some stretching to do in the bottom so it looks like I'm a bit uneven. I still haven't started any silicone scar treatment, but will order that this weekend. I am doing
well except just the last several days I've
noticed a stabbing pain just under my bb
and just a little to
the left. Will call PS tomorrow to see
what it could be. Hoping its not a split
stitch in my abs but maybe a pulled
muscle. Been having sneezing fits a few
times this last week and that doesn't feel too good even at this stage! Hope all of you are either on your road to recovery or getting ready to join me on the flat side! I'd still do this all over again in a heartbeat!
You look incredible, I am so happy for you ;)
Thank you so much!
Wow your scars are very faint, looking really good and disappearing quite quickly! Your looking good!
Chicago Plastic Surgeon

Dr Tripti Burt of Plainfield, Illinois. I found her to be very knowledgeable and confident. She took time with me and answered all my questions and made me feel very at ease. Sent me home with a very large folder of what to expect and what she expected from me. I look forward to my surgery with Dr Burt and I'm confident that my results will be amazing! So I just had my 10 day post op with Dr Burt and I cannot say enough good things about her and her staff! Totally professional but still very caring and concerned for all my needs. Dr Burt even called me herself the night of my surgery to make sure I was doing alright. Who does that? She is awesome and clearly puts her patients first. I am already 100% pleased with my results, even at this early point. I had realistic expectations going into this process but even at this early stage, Dr Burt has greatly exceeded that. God Bless you Dr Burt! I am your eternally grateful patient.