Upper Eye Bleph and Lower Pinch W/Out Being Put Under - Plainfield, IL

I am 45 and had extra skin on hoods of eye and...

I am 45 and had extra skin on hoods of eye and extra skin under eye. I was not put under but was given numbing shots and valium. I listened to my IPOD so I wouldn't hear anything. I have to say you have to NOT think about what is actually happening!
I am happy with my results and it's only 1 month after. My lids are numb still on lash line. I LOVE that my eye liner stays on eyelash line now and not smudging on hoods. I'm so glad I did this at 45 and didn't wait till I am older. I believe the healing is quicker when your younger and I knew my lids would only get worse.
Im having my upper eyelids done in the office too along w restalyne injection on lower.... I too plan on listening to my iPod ... How many Valium did you take and while healing were you in a y pain?
My procedure was done in my Plastic Surgeon's office. I was awake the whole time. I arrived about one hour before my procedure. I was given a valium an hour before. The doctor checked on me and I said I was still a little anxious and he gave me another 1/2. I felt no pain during the procedure and was fully aware. Could hear the conversations and when asked a question could answer. I did not wear any headset or music. I actually wanted to know what was going on. Afterwards the first two nights post surgery I took a Vicodin mainly just to sleep. After that nothing not even tylenol. Good luck with you procedure! The uppers only are much easier. Most anxiety stems from the lowers being done. I am now 5 weeks post op and can say each week it gets better. Be patient but aware. Call your doctor if your inner self is saying something does not look or feel right. God Bless!
Thank you so much ... Your Feed back has common my anxiety alot ... I figure my iPod would ease my mind from what's happening and calm me more ... Glad to hear there was no pain for ya and hope that's the same for me.... I always have a problem sleeping incline it's not comfortable for me when sleeping but I know it needs to be done and had to do it w my other procedures....good luck on your healing w the lowers ... And all continues to get better
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

I really search for an excellent doctor to trust with my precious eyes! I was very reassured by Dr. Will's experience and bedside manner.