So Far I'm Extremely Happy with the Results

I had my first Pixel procedure done on my full...

I had my first Pixel procedure done on my full face and 1/2 neck 6 days ago. I've noticed immediate results in skin blotchiness, as well as some improvement on acne scars. It's still pretty early to comment on myself but I'm very happy so far with what I see. It was pretty uncomfortable to have done, it feels like being snapped with a rubber band except with a burning sensation as well. But the procedure only took about 10-15 minutes so I was able to handle it.

Afterwards its as though I had a bad sunburn but that began to fade about an hour later and was totally gone within 3 days. Minor flaking then occured and now on day 6 my skin is smoother and I just can't wait for my 2nd treatment in about 4 weeks.

Would love to hear from more people that have had the procedure and I will update my progress after my upcoming treatment.

I had my 2nd treatment and the pain wasnt nearly...

I had my 2nd treatment and the pain wasnt nearly as bad, maybe because I had it done before and knew what to expect.  Either way it was easy.  They set the setting done at 50% higher than the first time.  Same results with the 3 days of spotty redness followed by peeling and flaking.  Its been 3 weeks since my 2nd treatment and again I see improvements.  Scars are filling in and skin blotchiness has lessened.  Cant wait for my 3rd treatment.  I did not have 1/2 my neck done this time so it cost me $995.  for my entire face.  They did one pass over my entire face and then the Dr. did "stacking" which means they allow the laser to hit three times in the same spot before moving along to another spot.  After each treatment I used a antioxidant refoliator lotion for 5 days, it replenishes nutrients to help the skin protect itself after laser, microdermabrasion or peels.  It really helps the healing.

I just had my 4th treatment with the Pixel laser...

I just had my 4th treatment with the Pixel laser done.  It was set at 1800 which is pretty high and more painful than before, nothing i couldnt handle tho.  I was much redder after this treatment but I like that cause it means something intense was done.  Time will tell my improvements, I dont go back to my Dr for 4 months so that the new collagen can come in.  Ill continue to update....

Had my 5th and i believe final treatment and OMG...

Had my 5th and i believe final treatment and OMG it hurt like h*ll this time,  i had to have them stop at least 5 times while doing my face from eyebrows to neck.   They did 5x1900 this time,  very high setting and it burned for hours after, not like before where within about an hour the burning stopped.  I was as red as a tomato, swollen and in pain.  Once the burning stopped after approx 3 hours its hard to even remember the pain.  I was pink up to about 4 days after the treatment.  This time i used aquaphor starting on the 3rd day and it helped a ton with the peeling.  Its now day 6 post treatment and my skin looks great, like brand new, im very happy and i go back in 4 months to possibly have a filler used on two deep scars i have.  But my shallow scars are SO much better im very pleased with my results so far, and it only gets better with time.

Im only adding this because i have to in order to...

Im only adding this because i have to in order to change my overall rating and pain experience. ok anyways the Pixel rocks check it out people you wont be sorry.  An added benefit of having it done for scarring is it also greatly lessens wrinkles so now i have like no wrinkles around my eyes, i am 41yrs old and having a minor little wrinkle at the corner of my eye is all i have now :-)

Minneapolis Dermatologic Surgeon

Hi I am interested in doing Pixel Q Switch, which is supposedly new technology for Pixel laser. I don't have any scars but I want to do it to tighten the skin on the face. Has anyone have experience with this for skin tightening? The website says there will be no recovery time or pain. It is on sale for $750 for entire face, 3 rounds. Is it worth it?
tracy what kind of acne scars did you have?
hi tracy, so everytime u went it was around $1000 or more? and u said after like the fifth time your shallow scars were better? seems like they should have been gone by then.
Well its March 29th, its been 4 months since my last pixel treatment and I am still EXTREMELY happy with my results. My acne scars have improved greatly along with pigmentation problems I had. I plan on having more done but not right now, i think ill save up for a while first. I still recommend this 100% for acne scarring and discoloration. Its by far the best laser out there.
Ive had 4 treatments and the price varied as per what areas i had done. I had my forehead and neck done along with my entire face ONCE and that cost 1749.00, the other times i only had my face done which was around 600.00. Dr. {listed above--displayed to registered RealSelf.com users} did my treatments, he is on this site so look him up he is awesome. He is in Eagan, and Im not sure about the compensation since i am extremely happy with my results. Talk to him about it though he is great. Let me know if you end up going to him and let me know how it goes! Good Luck!!
Tracyk,How many treatments did you get done for the price? Where did you get it done? I also live in St. Paul. What if you are not happy with the results? Do they give you compensation?
hi everyone! my fiance is thinking about having this done. he had a consultation at sona medspa today. has anyone been there? he has mild & some deep acne scars. sona recommended 5 treatments, totaling $1800.00. we thought that was fairly inexpensive. does anyone have some before/after photos that they wouldn't mind emailing me? i really want to research this as much as possible so that we are not expecting anything more than he will get. i have heard that a chemical peel may help just as much??? thanks!!!!!!!
Hi All, I am pleased to read about the positive out come with the pixel laser I think I have now decided to get the pixel instead of the repair as the overall client satisfaction is much higher for pixel treatment then any other. I have one question do any of you know the exact machine name you were treated with i.e. Pixel 2940 for example. Does anyone know how deep the penetration range is for pixel? For Fraxel repair its up to 1.6 mm and I think the deepth has a lot to do with the success of treating acne scars. Many thanks for any advice and good luck to you all going forward with further treatments.
Hi Tiger_eye, are you having just certain spots done or your whole face? If your whole face you definately can NOT go back to work the same day, you would need at least 3 days home. If you are just having spots done im not sure as ive only had my entire face done. I would think to be safe you should take a day or two off if you can because it does leave you very red where you have the laser done. Good luck to you and keep us updated!
Hello! I've been reading alot of peoples stories about pixel laser surgery. Today was my first consultation day with the cosmetic surgeon and they did some testing on some tiny freckles on my arm and under my chin and they also did one on one scar, which happened from a past doctor cutting it out and after the stitches went out it stretched. The doctor and the nurses said that its a SIMPLE procedure and I can go back to work. I was a little scared reading your stories. My first pixel laser is next Thursday and copper laser surgery to remove some raised moles. They said you can easily cover it with make up, im not sure how well that will go with the healing process. And three weeks after I have that done I am going back for IPL. At the moment the test patches they did are looking dark and my scar is looking pinkish. I just wanted to ask how many treatments were needed to fade scars? I just don't like the idea of constantly going back and then having red skin all over again. Why can't they invent a one day treatment.lol.
Yes the Pixel treatment is the laser resurfacing treatment, yes my face got very red for about 3 days before it eventually peels and shows new skin, its only really red for about one of those days and then it gets pink. I had it done here in St. Paul MN, but find a dermo that offers the pixel where you live and check into it, you wont be disappointed. Good Luck Surge.
Hello, please keep us updated about the progress of your acne scars. We always here that acne scars are plumped with the skin because of these procedures but over time they return to their original state so please inform us what happens long term. thank you!
All i have to say is I LOVE THE PIXEL LASER!!!! and my doctor too of course!!! lol
Im going for my 5th pixel treatment today at 5pm, cant wait!! Will update and this time im taking some pain meds before i go in, i have some vicadin left from having wisdom teeth removed so i may as well put it to use before it expires. Wish me luck....
Ok I had my 3rd pixel laser procedure done about 2 hours ago. WOW was this one more intense than the others. The setting went up to 1600 where the first two were set at 1400 (whatever that means LOL). All i know is that it hurt much more than before which i actually liked because no pain no gain and its over so quickly that its totally tolerable. Im super red and they gave me cold packs for my face where b4 they werent even needed. Again i just feel very sunburned but its only been 2 hours and its subsided ALOT already. Cant wait to see the results, my 4th and possibly final procedure is done the end of August, will update again then.
Hi Tracey i read your comment about your pixel laser treatment and i was wondering on your 3rd treatment did you have to use any local anaesthetic for your pain?
No i didnt use anything for pain, except for a squishy ball i squeezed the sh*t out of LOL.
I would like to know which laser treatment you had done? Iwould also like to know what type of acne scarring do you have? Thanks
I had the Pixel laser done 2 times so far. The scarring I had was on my cheeks mainly and the best way to describe it is bumpy looking, but also some discoloring as well. Its been 8 days since my second treatment and the discoloring has improved ALOT, also alot of the scars have totally disappeared leaving smooth skin YAY!! I will be having 2 more treatments done so I cant wait, in fact the hardest thing of all is the waiting period because Im so excited about the first two treatments I just cant wait to see the results from the next two.
hi tracy, is the pixel treatment the laser resufacing treatment? or are they different? does your face get red, and where did you get it done, ime here in l.a.
I should add I had the Pixel laser resurfacing done, I'd love to know the difference between Pixel and Fraxel lasers so if there are any Dr.s out there that read this please feel free to explain the differences. THANKS!!
Hi Tracy, thank you for sharing more about pixel. i'm getting updates by email so please keep updating! i too have acne cheek scars. my derm is selling me on fraxel. why did you choose pixel? did you have a choice of other lasers? thank you again Tracy!
Hi Mira, well I strictly went on what my Derm. suggested, I had researched treatments for acne scars and came to my own conclusion that my Dr. would choose to laser my face compared to a peel I just wasnt sure which laser would be used. He suggested the Pixel and I went with it. I researched it more so after I had my first treatment done and for acne scarring it appears that Pixel is the best option. I would love to know the difference between Pixel and Fraxel lasers myself. Good luck in whichever option you choose and let us all know how it goes! THANKS!!
I should add that my initial consultation and my first treatment were done on the same day, I asked if I could have it done right away and it just so happened that he had an opening that very afternooon. So I had about 3 hours to do my research on the Pixel laser, I found out what I could and was very comfortable and confident with my Dr.'s opionion. Time will tell but as of now I'm really excited about the results and cant wait for the upcoming treatments.
Ok I just had my 2nd Pixel laser treatment yesturday and I gotta say it wasnt as bad as the first one. Maybe I was just more prepared but honestly I thought the pain was mild. My Dr. said he was using a stronger setting (i guess that means it goes deeper into the skin), he said 50% stronger than my first treatment which was fine by me. So far I feel just like the first treatment, it feels and looks like I have a sunburn. This time I opted not to have my neck done cause of the cost, so i paid $995.00 for full face. They did one pass on my entire face using a lower setting then he did "stacking" with the stronger setting (which means he held the laser over the same spot while it went off 3 times instead of just once). Again I cant wait to see the results and I have an appt. for the end of July for my 3rd treatment. Will update with my results as time goes on.