Good Results, Hurt Like He*&

I had my first appt last Thursday. It hurt REALLY...

I had my first appt last Thursday. It hurt REALLY bad. I was really swollen for 2 days. I couldn't leave the house for 4 days because my skin turned brown and it looked like I ran into a screen door. I had to return to work on Tuesday and was highly embarassed. Luckily my coworkers were too polite to ask what happened. My freckles have faded dramatically and so have the wrinkles at the corners of my eyes. My smile lines have been radically reduced and my skin looks "brighter". My neck however is still brownish with the pixel spots still standing out. I decided to do this because when you add up the cost of all of those expensive potions and lotions, why not do this? Two more appts to go.....

I cancelled my appointment, just didn't want to take the chance of something happening again. Thanks
Hi yes i went they said because of the tpye of skin i have im prone to pigmentation, i asked why didn't you guys evaluate me before i had it done. Of course they didn't know what to say, so tomarrow my appointment for the ipl laser but again im very hesitant.So im thinking about not doing it. I asked my doctor he said that in about 6 months to a year the discoloration will disappear.
Hi mylink, I hope you didn't go. I would go by what your doctor said, wait 6 months to a year and if the discoloration doesn't go away, or you are not happy, go to another facility. That place sounds too shadey for me to go back there and trust them with my face again. But IF you did, I do hope it works out.
Hi mylink, How are you doing? Did you end up having to go back?
Well again i called the spa and spoke to the guy about my mouth area he still insists its going to go away he asked i give it another month, after another month if its not gone they said something about ipl laser to even out the skin tone,free of charge, so i guess ill see.
I agree with Monet, staying out of the sun is key for not getting hyper-pigmentation, always wear very high SPF. I too would go get another opinion about your results mylink. Best of luck I hope it gets better for you.
Besides what I posted on 2/3/09 I was told to stay inside and to avoid driving for the first 4 days. Even when I went back to work on the fifth day I made sure and stayed in the office, not evening eating out for lunch for that whole week (I went back to work on a Tuesday after all of my treatments). Of course if it was raining/extremely cloudy I would make an exception. I haven't had anything like you described happen to me. Maybe you should go to another facility to get another opinion. I hope that everything works out for you.
I had this pixel done lets see 3 weeks ago had it done around my mouththey said it would be like a sunburn well i didn't have that they said the skin would be dry and very flaky i also didn't get that i had the grid around my mouth the guy told me to wash my face on the third day, and to apply a perscription antibiotic, which i did i have which looks like 2 round circles one under my chin and one on left side near cheek bone and the lines around my mouth look like red or bruised but still is not going away, i have been back and the doc. says this is a healing process i think he is trying to cover up for the guy that did the pixel has this happened to anyone. What was your intructions after the pixel. I think i look worse now from when i walked in there.
I used Aquaphor after my last treatment, it REALLY helped the flaking and dryness.
You should use the Aquaphor the first FULL 4 days and nights. After that, if you have to go back to work or go out use a good lotion with SPF 45. I use Neutrogena. You should use the Aquaphor for a FULL 6 nights. If you had your neck done, don't forget about it!
What kind of cream or gel did you use for the dryness? I've just had my second treament 2 days ago and I find this time I'm so dry.
Hi Ellie, It was my third treatment, I am fully healed now also. A setting of 1000 was used on me, I thought they used 1100 on me last time but it was 1000 also and 900 the first time. I use SPF 35 also. I'm glad that everything came out fine for you. I am so pleased with my skin, it is so much clearer and brighter. I will probably do this once a year for a touch up. People have commented on how young I look and they think it is all in part to my new haircut but I know it is the new clarity of my skin. I feel more confident now. I highly recommend this treatment, it is well worth the cost and long weekends in the house. Just make sure you follow post treatment instructions.
Hi Monet, I am fine and have fully healed now. I want to wait a few more days before writing a full review after this first treatment but so far I am already very pleased. My skin tone is much more even and seems more refined. I am wearing spf35 now and lots off it to avoid hyperpigmentation. Are you wearing SPF35 as well? Was this your 2nd treatment? Also do you know the setting range your dr can use? My dr said he has a range of 900 up 1400 and she used 900 at the first treatment. Hope all is going well for you.
Hi Ellie C. I'm sorry, I meant my treatment was Friday, 1/16/08. I'm very swollen with brown spots everywhere but that is to be expected. How are you doing?
Hi Monet, thank you very much for the advice. I had my first pixel treatment and will write a review as soon a I have healed. One thing I want to let you know is that here where I am they must do the treatment somewhat different to what they do in the USA as to my suprise I was not wearing goggles at any time during the procedure. I did ask for them and the dr said is not needed for this treatment. I am fine today and wasn't in too much discomfort around 1 hr after the treatment. The dr used a setting of 900 with 5 stacks to go deep. I will let you know how successful this was (hopfully) and if there are any issues once I have healed. Monet, thanks again for your advice we had treatment on the same day. How are you today?
Hi Ellie, I am actually scheduled this coming Friday for my last appt! They go up as close to the eye as possible at the corners and under the eye. They also do the eyelids. While doing this, they always make sure the goggles are exactly where they need to be. I was also told at every appt I had if I wasn't happy to let them know and they would do touch ups. I really do like this place alot. My neck is included in every appt also. Please let me know how you are doing!!
Hi Monet and all the other who could advice on this, how were you treated around the eye area? Do they use the pixel laser to go under the eyebrow obviously avoiding the eye itself? I have my first pixel treatment scheduled for Friday 9th Jan and I am learning so much from your experience as to what I should watch out for and also what I should request from the treating dr. I want them to be pretty agressive to maximise the results. Thanks in advance for any answers/suggestions.
It is day 6 and so far I'm liking the results. My neck still shows the pixel dots but the neck takes longer to heal. My face is still a little red and there are minor rough patches at the jaw line but these will probably wash off soon. I was really scared after this second treatment because the swelling/pain was so much more intense since a higher setting was used (1000). A friend of mine says that my eyes and forehead look like a child's because it is so smooth. I don't know about all that because I'm very critical about myself but I do know that my skin looks so much better. I'm debating on whether I should get the third treatment done but I probably will as I am a type A person. I'm glad I did this because it is a boost in self confidence for someone who is becoming middle aged....
They used a setting of 1200 pixel which is a medium setting. They told me that it would take a couple of weeks for the the collagen to develop. I really hope I will see results.This is day 5 and I do not see a difference in my skin.
I hope that you will see results also. I have read that the results you get depends on your skin type also. Just curious, but did you have any pulse stacking done?
I had my first treatment done 3 days ago. It only hurt a little bit and the burning sensation disappeared after 2 hours. My lines are not reduced. I wonder if this will improve in a couple of weeks, or if I require at least 2 more treatments?
While I'm no expert on this procedure, I'm wondering what setting was used on you. Maybe it wasn't high enough? Maybe you should call the place where you had it done and tell them your concern. If your not happy with their response find another place if you still want to have any more treatments done. The place that I go to told me up front that I would be swollen, it would hurt and I would definitely want to stay in for a few days. I just had my second treatment done last night and my face was swollen and red and on fire all of last night and into this morning. It's obvious I will be in the house for the next few days like last time. Now I have 50 million brown dots on my face. It hurt worse because a higher setting was used. After the first procedure when my face healed I was so happy. My skin looked so much smoother and fresher, the lines by my eyes and on my forehead nearly disappeared. I did break out in certain areas alot more though but I think it may have to do with all of the lotion I was using to stay hydrated.
Thanks for your review and good luck with all ur treatments, Im having my 4th treatment done in a week so its great to hear from others who are going thru the same.

Thanks for replying!!  I have some white spots hypo/hyper pigmentation around my hairline.  Did you experience any of that and if so did it go away after the next treatment?

Yes my son commented on the white spots after my first treatment, they go away, at least mine did. Be sure you either stay totally out of the sun or wear a super high SPF cause the sun will make it where the pigmentation wont heal. I just had my 4th treatment done 2 days ago and my face is peeling and ITCHING like crazy, i just want to scratch it off. Thats the only part that I dont like about the whole process, oh well no pain no gain, or in my case no itch no gain.