Had Upper Eyelid Surgery, Should Have Had Brow Lilft, Left with TINY Eyes, Uneven, I Look Like a Freak!

No pros that I can think of at this time. I wanted...

No pros that I can think of at this time. I wanted to get rid of the sad, tired look I had gotten from the past 5 years of stress (my only son, 17 years old, drowned and I've had to move over the country for my seriously ill teenage daughter (and only surviving child). My face fell because of the stress and I was getting botox to help lift and reduce wrinkles. Each time I'd go in, the doctor would say to me, "I'd get your lids done." Finally I gave in and said I would. I think I should have had a forehead lift instead.

I'm not as concerned that the surgery lines are not in the creases as I've read those will eventually fade. I'm okay with out a lid crease. What bothers me the most is my eyes are VERY UNEVEN, droopy lower lids which make me look ill, unevenly shaped eyes, and my eyes are about HALF the size they used to be! I look like a freak! I am at a loss as to what to do next. Yes the swelling will go down, but it won't make the eyes even, or the shape of my lower lid go back to normal. I feel as if I've been butchered. I wasn't looking for miracles, I didn't expect to look younger. I just didn't want to look tired and sad all the time. My right eye is pushed up toward the tear duct.

Please help me. I'm scared to death and just don't know many people in town to talk to (I just moved here last year). Thanks.

Okay, so I spoke WAAAAYYYYY too soon. So far now a...

Okay, so I spoke WAAAAYYYYY too soon. So far now a week and a half later, my eyes look really nice. They seem to be evening out, but still slightly off. Sometimes I look at my eyes and think, wow , I look great. Other times I look and go, what did I do? But as far as the doctors talents, she's pretty good. The thing I'm having the hardest thing with is the laser resurfacing. I'm not healing very quick. NOT the doctor's fault. I think she made the right decision to do it because I had many sun damage wrinkles. They are virtually GONE now. No new wrinkles like I read can happen fi it's done wrong. But I am still scabby after a week and a half and when the dry skin peels, it starts to bleed. I think it's just me though? I actually am thinking about going BACK to her for a lower face lift! I know, I spoke way too soon, and read way too much on line and spoke out of line about my doctors skills. Word of advice when you fill these things out online - wait AT LEAST a month or two before you start talking about how you hate or love your face. LOL My doctor is an artist. I was very lucky.

I'm one month post op and I love the way I...

I'm one month post op and I love the way I look. I have some issues that I'm hoping will clear up with time. Like the tiny scar fro the stitch on the outside of my left eye. The lasering done underneath my eyes has been the hardest to deal with. It's REALLY hard to prevent damage to the new skin. I've already burned from the sun (even though I used sunscreen) and now it's tan. REAL tan -- tanner than the rest of my skin! lol Hopefully that will fade. TIP - don't have lasering done in the summer. Have it done in the winter when you are not outside as much and when it's not constantly sunny.

One month in and I"m very happy. Still healing!

One month in and I"m very happy. Still healing!

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

She didn't make promises saying that I'd look so much younger, etc. She did say I was really in need of the surgery. She seemed very confident. I'd been in her office for two years getting botox (not from her) and I had not seen anyone who I thought looked bad. I thought I'd jumped right in. What I found out (after the fact) was that there is more than one way to fix an upper eye lid droop. It had never occured to me to research that. She had wanted to do a lower face lift, but I was not prepared to do that at this time. I don't live in an area where women as careful about their looks. So I'm not sure how much work the plastic surgeons get. So the pickings are slim here. See another doctor!