Very Nervous - Pittsburgh, PA

I scheduled my ba for Oct 30th. I have to pay...

I scheduled my ba for Oct 30th. I have to pay balance on Wed of this week. I'm very nervous and second guessing every thought. I have asymmetry and have always wanted to get it fixed. I feel awful naked and bras can be difficult. I have chosen dr Johns in Monroeville PA, after two other consults. He recommended going saline 350/325 under muscle. I think my biggest concern (besides everything that can go wrong medically, which is big for me) is the time off work. The surgery is scheduled for Wed, and I'm planning on working the next Monday. I have desk job, although steps are involved and I don't want anyone to know. I work alone for the most part, except when my boss is there and that's not very often. What's everyone's opinion on this? I have to trust my surgeon on the size, because I'm just not sure anymore. Lol. The way my bras fit, pics with clothes on with my current bra and the pics with implants in with clothes on really isn't a difference, so I may regret not going bigger, my importance is "evening out" rather than size. He feels certain with saline he can make "almost perfect". I don't think I can expect much more than that. Anyone have issues with asymmetry? Will post pics maybe today/tomorrow. FYI - most of my payment is refundable - hahaha, yeah that worried. O ya, what did everyone's prescriptions cost? Roughly.

As long as you feel about your PS selection then continue reading all these success stories and let yourself focus on the positive outcome, instead. That's what I had to do to get over the fear of risks. I had checked out my PS had referrals and felt confident in him, so I had to focus on that and the majority of positive outcomes. Having also had asymmetry I know how badly you must want this, so please know that once the initial recovery is through you will be so ecstatic! I find myself going in the bathroom to sneak peeks! I had a prescription for antibiotic, anti-inflamm, narcotic pain med, valium for spasms - I think it was just over $20! If you could swing the following mon-tue off as well, I would recommend it. Those last two days of rest can make a world of difference. However, if you can't, be sure during your days off to really take it easy, but not too much - move around to keep swelling down but don't exert, to be sure that you will be at your best for Monday. Good for you for making this move and keep us updated! This site can really be a huge support during the process!

Getting Closer

So I am still very nervous, although the bf helped this weekend. He is very supportive in whatever I want to do. He says hes not letting me back out now, after the years it took me to get this far. My big concern is going to big, and when I showed him the approximate size, he agreed that I shouldn't go bigger. He knows I don't want noticeably big. Hes taking off work while I am off, and even said hed go bra shopping with me. What a guy! (Im sure theres a plus in it for him. lol) Anyway Im bored at work and thought Id look at boobs. hahaha. I will try to post pics tonight as I do want opinions on the asymmetry. Currenty I am 140 lbs (trying to loose bout 10, but that's pushing it) Will loosing 10 more after surgery, change them awhole lot? Im 5'7". Is not letting myself think about the surgery to much a sign I don't really want it? It seems it took a lot more for me to schedule the surgery, then ALOT of anxiety was immediately gone.

Before pics.

I'm trying to post some before shots on here, lord you guys must be photographers. I was doing them alone, and I wouldn't have thought a pic was so hard to take. Anyway, here they are.... I'm looking for people's opinion on the asymmetry. Do you think this is able to get balanced with saline implants? Thinking 300-350 range.

Try to find some wish pics and see if your PS agrees that the size he's chosen would give you what you're looking for. I can't offer help with the nerves... I was a nervous wreck!! Deep breaths, research, and positive thinking!

Saline?

Is there anyone that has had saline for alittle while. Im wandering what they are like, say after a year. Im concerned about feeling like I have balloons under my shirt. I do a lot of yard work, and worried I may do something to rupture one. Can anyone settle my nerves?

Are you prepared for your recovery? Here are some items you may want to purchase and set up prior to your surgery. I have had 210 saline implants for 8 years on my 5'5", 117 lb athletic framed body. So far so good. Saline was all that was available then. Not sure what I would choose now but if you haven't had silicone, you really don't know any better. :)

Hope all goes well for you:) take it easy and try not stress out on all the wrongs, but stay as positive as you can! It's so much better to be as relaxed and calm as possible before any surgery. I would always think of a very happy time in my life and put myself in the most beautiful setting, whatever environment that makes you feel safe and secure. Like beautiful sunlight streaming thru fir trees, or whatever does the trick for getting to peace of mind. Take care:)
Thanks for your support. Im getting excited today!!

Back out??

Today I am focusing on all the things that can go wrong. This was NOT my goal today. Thursday is the last day I can cancel and get most of my money back. I don't know if this much hesitation is trying to tell me to back out. Im not afraid of the surgery itself, its more the complications that can occur after CC, Leak, Bleeding, etc. And then looking "too big". If anyone has anything that helped them, it would be appreciated right now. Also, counting the people you know with this surgery, how many had complications after? Sorry...but thanks.

I think it's very normal to second guess doing a BA. I had a major freak out about 4 days before surgery and ended up calling the office in tears. It was bad. I had such bad anxiety about it! I also had a tummy tuck at the same time and was terrified for recovery. I will say that it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I agree with countrylife though, if you aren't 100% sure and ready, postpone. Give yourself some more time to think about it, if you want to and don't feel bad about it. I will also say, they will feel much bigger at first if you do go through with it. They will settle down and feel like your own though, in no time. All the best with your decision.
Do you think it's just bc you know you still have that wiggle room, to get your money back? There's no harm in postponing if you're not 100% sure and ready. But if it's just nerves then i say press through.
Quote of the day: DECIDE THAT YOU WANT IT MORE THAN YOU ARE AFRAID OF IT. :) From Bill Cosby.

Staying busy

I've decided that this site isn't helping me right now - I keep looking at all the negative views and focusing on them. I woke up, feeling much better. After the surgery I will post some pics. Thanks for the words of encouragement!

My husband thought it was a bad idea for me to be on here for a while, too. I would tell him every horror story and it was getting really negative. Good for you for recognizing what you need. Wishing you peace with your BA journey!
Wow, I know exactly what you're saying! In a lot of ways this community has helped me A LOT, but in other ways it kind of makes me bummed out with some of the not-so-supportive comments and bad reviews. I also have days that I can't seem to shake focusing on all the negative aspects and "what if's". Its the unknown that is the hardest. But there really is no way to know. And nobody else does. Go with what your heart is telling you. If something bad happens, you can deal with it at that time. But no sense in worrying about something you don't have control over. That's what I keep trying to tell myself! Best of luck to you sweetheart! Xoxo

Almost there!!

Well taking some time away was what I needed!! Now I'm simply to busy to look at the "bad" pics. Lol. My surgery is Wednesday, so still have few things to get done. Got the basics for when I'm home, but hint I'm waiting splurging!! Has anyone been advised to eat pineapple for swelling?

Hi surgery buddy - almost to the day anyway - glad to see you and just think, this time next week we'll both be on the other side!!! xoxo
Wow that's a good thought! I don't know what I will do not thinking about this all the time! Will be thinking of you Friday!! Keep in touch
I had freak outs too. I think that's normal. I reminded mmyself my doctor is board certified with lots of experience. I know of four people with implants, no issues. My friend from high school knows at least a hundred, no issues. Complications are rare.

It's here!

Well, tomorrow am, gotta leave at 6am, to be there by 9, surgery at 10:30. I finally had help getting some before pics, so I'm posting. Wish me luck!!!

Good luck I have similar issue & concern so I'm curious as to your post op feedback

Hope all goes well;) today, take it easy and get lots of rest. Hugs :)
Congrats its your opp day!! Hope everything is going well!

I'm done!!!

Well i did it!!, so far I love them. Please pray for no complications!! I will post pics soon. I've only looked at them once, they are beautiful!!. Boyfriend is being very strict on rules (keeping bra on). I wouldn'thave wanted to go thru with anyone. Else. By the way - surgery was an hour late, nurses and doctors were so nice. The pain is almost nonexistent, even heavy ness isn't there, guess I'm assuming I'm pretty looped w the medications! I had a 2.5 hr ride home.

Congrats on getting it done and glad your not feeling any pain right now, sleep sweet:)
Congrats!! Get some good rest and let the bf do everything for you :)
I have similar issues as well. Can't wait to see your post op pictures. Get some rest. Happy Healing☺️

2:47 am, can't sleep!!

Here's the after shots, just got home from surgery. My bf is being strict with leaving the bra on.

Looking good, congrats:) hope you get some needed rest
I had mine today (or, yesterday I guess I should say) too! Started as 36c, went with gummy bear silicone under muscle 380cc's each. I also can't sleep! I'm just relating it to having taken a couple of naps throughout the day. I have serious heaviness and shortness of breath, but no real pain. Yet! Lets see what tomorrow brings us! I have taken pics, but haven't taken the time to post a real profile here so I don't have anywhere to post my pics. Maybe I'll take some time tomorrow and build a profile. Looks like I will be having a lot of time on my hands the next few days! Hope u are able to get some sleep tonight! Me too!
Glad It went good for u too! Keep in touch.

All good so far

So far, I'm doing really well. Actually shocked so well. I forgot to say, but I got saline 330/350 unders.

they look great natural and not too big..
Thanks so much, I don't want "big", the unevenness was my biggest concern. Natural is good, thx
Your implants look great!! So natural. I hope I get the same results.

What a good guy!

I just wanted to say, how great my boyfriend is. He's made supper, made a chart for meds, woke up in middle of night to make sure I got meds. I'm lucky, now I'm lucky with boobs, lol.

Thank goodness for being well taken care of!  Glad you have a sweet boyfriend to pamper you.
He is great. I think I'm gonna ask him to go to his place for while. I can tell he's bored out of his mind!
Oh wow you must be so thrilled.  They look so symmetrical!  I'm so glad you're having such a good experience!

Shower time!!

That feels better! Got a shower, sorta did hair, what a difference! I'm posting some pics from today, I'm trying not to worry bout them yet, just seems huge.

I think my opinion on the size changed on a daily basis for about the first two weeks. One day they'd seen gigantic and the next I'd be questioning if I should have gone bigger. I'm almost 4 weeks out now and I think they are going to be perfect. They are a DD cup as of now. That may or may not change. But I've come to realize that cup size means nothing. ;)
Your right I guess about the cup size not meaning much. Thx

Saturday

Well it's now 3 days after surgery. I feel fine with the exception of burning and pulling, but overall so much better than I'd thought I'd be. I've been sleeping in a recliner so my ass hurts worse tho. Haha. If it wasn't for this surgerical bra I'd be so much better. Gotta keep it on until Wed. It's so tight, and itchy.im sure these burning feelings are normal but can anyone confirm?

Congratulations on your surgery! Looking good so far, and I'm sure you'll be especially thrilled as they continue to heal! As for the burning, TOTALLY NORMAL. Not fun, but definitely normal. You may also experience some "zings" or almost electrical-shock kind of sensations at various times. Both are related to the nerves that were stretched, cut, or both. As you heal over the next couple weeks, those sensations should pretty much disappear. Hope things continue to go well for you! :)
Thanks. Ya the burning isn't much fun, the nerves sound like a good reason.
I'm scheduled for November 25 and the only thing I keep worrying about is going to big! I am about 5'6", 135 pounds and the doctor thinks I should go 500cc. They looked fine when I used the sizers in her office, but reading everyone's comments on here, that makes them seem huge! Are you still feeling like they are big or feeling like they are a better fit now?? You are about my size and went with less cc's. That really worries me, aaaaahhhhh!!!

Saturday pm

Well the burning got worse today and I continued to take pain meds, which wasn't my plan. I'm concerned how hard my implants are, like a rock. By looking at my pics, what size do they look like the d&f to?

You're soon is stretching out. That's probably what's causing the burning... it's it like raw, chapped skin burning or inside
My surgeon has said only to leave surgical bra on for a week, and nothing about ice. I'm thinking of wearing a padded sports bra and icing. What do u think?
that was supposed to say "skin," not "soon." lol I'd ask the PS before icing. I'd also ask about using a heating pad on low. heat really helped me a lot more than ice. it relaxes the muscles.

Sunday

Well I'm in a good mood. Took shower and put on sports bra - wow the relief. I'm not even in pain now. I think all the hard seams were the pain. I feel like I can at least attempt work tomorrow. I posted a few pics which I like them a lot better with clothes on right now. Posted the sports bra and old swim suit that never fit.

Glad you're feeling good! I too had to give my girls a break from the surg bra. The band was cutting into my incisions. My soft stretchy coobie bra is feeling good.
Ice packs will do no harm whatsoever (and felt like heaven, IMO!!). Just make sure you don't put ice directly on your skin (wrap in a small towel) and don't do more than 15-20min at a time. It's probably still a little early for heat. While ice helps to decrease local blood flow and thus reduce inflammation and swelling, heat increases blood flow to the area and can actually cause more swelling in an acute setting. These first few days are the roughest - hang in there, 'cause it's totally worth it! :)

Before pics?

Does anyone know the profile on here that showed the after in surgical bra, and then again weeks later in the same bra?

Work,

Back to work today,wish me luck!!

Good luck! Try to take it a little easy.
Good luck at work today!

Work today

I made it through work today. It probably woulda been better if I didn't spend the last 5 days being pampered and napping whenever I wished. Was rough but I made it, I'm sure it'll be a long week. I called the drs office today hoping I could ditch the surgical bra, and after all weekend, almost in tears at times, the nurse says, everyone complains about them, they re so cheap, please use your own. ugh!!! I can't believe it's only 730 and I'm dead tired!!

Earlier in your review you asked about saline, how they are after a year. My sister had saline done over ten years ago and has never had any problems. She still looks amazing, naked and clothed. The feel natural, has one position where you can feel the implant but its like bent over to the side, slightly back lol, only she knows. Her husband has no complaints, they met about five years after. Sorry you have to work so soon, hang in there!
Thanks for the comment on saline. It's nice to hear.
Yes, get some rest.  You've had a busy day!  I couldn't imagine working at day four.  Sleep well!

Advice??

Ok, so woke up today feeling great, everything was alittle less swollen and felt a lot better. After a few hours at work they swelled right back up, even worse than "normal". Theres no additional pain, which makes me happy. Do you think I should be concerned?

Nope, not at all. I'm not sure what type work you do, but when I went back on POD5 I always felt super tight and sore by about mid-afternoon - and that was without actually having to "do" my job (I had an intern who was pretty independent by that point - I just had to be available to supervise and co-sign documentation!). It lasted maybe a week or so, then eased off more and more. I think I had 2wks with my intern after surgery, then was back on my own. Even though I was a little nervous about returning to patient care at that point, it was fine! It'll be all better before you know it! :)
I do secretarial work, which sounds minor, but a lot of arm work. Today, all was better for a little while longer than yesterday so, its improving. Thanks for your response.
You're normal! I would feel like that for the first two weeks.

Swollen is the new "ME"

So I will just get used to be swollen. If you cant beat them, join them I guess. Heading to my moms after work for supper. This will be the first time she will have seen me since the surgery. I can already feel the "eyes". Lol.

Uh oh... the mom!  I won't see my mom for at least 6 months and I dread the "eyes"!!! Sorry to hear you're plagued with the swelling, but it is still totally normal at this point.  It gets better in a few weeks, I promise!
Well I had a sweater on and a hoodie, so wasn't much to see. Shockingly I didn't see her looking. Glad that's over! Lol. How r u?
I still swell when I'm doing too much! (folding clothes!! lol) I still ice them daily, I know it's easier said than done but try to take it easy when you can.

Toby!

Yes I took the dog for a walk today. He's been more miserable than me being all couped up! I was very careful and put the leash around my waist so he couldn't pull my arm with the leash. He acted like he knew exactly what was going on and was soooo good! Made the day great!

Woohoo for you and the positivity:) it does work , most the time:)
Thanks. It feels good.
Great!! lol

One week pics.

Congradulations!!! On your new boobs they look nice...
I think you're looking really good! Give them time to soften! Good boy, Toby!
Hey, I have the same surgery date as you and mine are still really swollen too. No real pain, just swollen!

Forgot meds!

Good news - I must have felt so good, I forgot meds. Bad news - I forgot meds. Lol. Just alittle sore, when I realized I didn't take Tylenol or muscle relaxers since yesterday. I did take muscle relaxers around noon today. It wasn't so bad. Had appt w nurse today, all is well. I'm allowed to sleep in bed now, but honestly I think I'm sticking to recliner, I think I'm afraid of rolling on them. I'm not a graceful sleeper. Haha. I'm allowed to wear any bra without a wire, although she Said not to buy expensive ones for awhile yet.

When you do decide to move to the bed, you might try propping yourself up a little with some sofa pillows or something pretty firm like that. Transitioning to laying flat can be somewhat uncomfortable, especially re: oprning boob". Won't be long til you're sleeping comfortably! Glad your appt went well
Thanks.
Your welcome... I live in Boston ma, i'm researching docters myself... I'm scared to get the procedure though...

Bored

Well wknd is almost over - I'm so bored!!! Sucks when you cant do things you normally do. Thankfully I'm healing well.

Ideas??

Ok so I'm biting at the bit to get my body in better shape since I'm beginning to love the boobs. Does anyone have any suggestions about exersizeve that I can do during my recovery?

Gentle yoga stretching and walking! But no heart rate over 100bpm for first 3 weeks!!
Yes, I concur: LONG walks when you can. I had to build up endurance to even walk my running route 3 weeks post surgery. It was strange how tired I got just walking. So, expect to be less energetic:) Sports bras are really comfortable and will help with the swelling since you have a lot of dropping to do. Congrats.
I would just start with nice, easy long walks.  Nothing too much at first, but it's getting you moving at least!  Good luck!

12 days post op

So I'm alittle concerned, they seem to be getting harder. Early last week I could've swore they were turning soft. Now they are rock hard again. Is this normal in the process?

Your looking good for almost 2 weeks PO, I'm 3 weeks and mine still get really hard in the morning and when I'm over doing things! Relax, it's perfectly normal. I still have not been cleared for exercise, I go back for F/U on the 25th and PS will decide, I'm missing my pilates but want my new investments to D&F perfectly!! LOL
I felt that way, too. One day they'd have moments if softness and then back to hard again.

2-1/2 weeks PO

Well it's been 2-1/2 weeks, since ba. Feeling pretty much normal. Blessed no complications as of yet. So far my feelings have bounced back and forth and back again. I'm anxious to see final result, but we all no how that goes. Posting pics from today.

5-1/2weeks

I'm looking for some of your experiences with ba. I'm 5-1/2 weeks out, they do not stay soft and it's like I can feel the implants move when I bend over or move in certain positions. If My chest muscles flex that feels weird too. I'm just wandering if this is normal, and if it will go away? I will try to add pics later, but need help with them.

I am exactly the same as you with the bending over and certain positions! I do not like the feeling of them moving upwards in the pocket at all. It's gotten better, though! Also, at 5-1/2 weeks, I was still quite hard, too. Moments of brief softness would surprise me, but they were fleeting. It gets better!! :-)
And thanks for the update! I was wondering how you were doing. ;-)
I agree. I'm not sure at what point mine REALLY softened up, but it was probably *at least* 4-5 months before I I felt like they were super-soft all the time. I know when I started Insanity at the 3-month mark, they still felt very weird and uncomfortable when I had to use my pecs. Patience, grasshopper! ;) They'll get there! :D
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon