**13 Days Post Op** 325 & 300cc implants with mastopexy through the areola - 23 years old

I am a 23 year old female, about 5'7", 130 lbs,...

I am a 23 year old female, about 5'7", 130 lbs, very active and currently wearing a 34B bra size. I've been obsessively reading reviews on this site ever since I scheduled my BA surgery date, and thought it was about time I started giving back! My pre-op appointment is on May 16th and I have scheduled the surgery for Thursday, June 12th. My doctor will be Dr. Shestak in Pittsburgh, PA. I had previously gone to a consultation about a year ago with another PS in Pittsburgh who had done my mom's BA and facelift. He had a fancy office, "attractive" staff, and is a very expensive surgeon. However, I personally did not really feel comfortable with him and decided to seek out another doctor. I had a great experience with Dr. Shestak and his staff, I felt they were very thorough, professional, and knowledgeable. His pricing was also more reasonable, about 2k less than the other doctor who I had seen. My case is slightly more complex because I am on the border of needing a breast lift along with my BA. Luckily, my doctor thinks that he can correct with issue with an implant only. I believe my mild breast ptosis was due to my weight fluctuations during high school and college...the 25lbs or so left my breasts deflated-looking with a low nipple line and just overall NOT a cute look. I've never really been comfortable or confident in my appearance, especially when naked...even with my long-term boyfriend. I absolutely cannot wait to have this surgery done and have nice, proportional, full breasts! (I hope)

Now, the sizing issue has really been one of my biggest worries. I believe I am going to go with a silicone implant...my PS recommended a dual-plane placement to give my breasts a bit of a lift. After taking my measurements and asking some questions about my lifestyle, he initially recommended 260-280cc implants. I feel like that is just going to end up being too small or hardly noticeable. I'm conflicted, because I am a very active person (I'll be running my 3rd marathon next week!), but I don't want to put myself through this and not be satisfied with the result. I tried on the 304cc sizers and liked them, but I didn't feel like sticking a sizer in my sports bra was an accurate representation of how they are going to look & feel...so, choosing a size has definitely been an issue for me. I've been searching all over for wish pics and plan on bringing them to my pre-op appointment in May, so hopefully that'll help me describe my desired size to my PS a little better. At the end, I'd like to be a nice full C cup, and still be able to be a decent runner and maintain my fitness. Not sure if this will be possible? Or what size I would need to achieve this? Hopefully some of you ladies will be able to share some size recommendations!

Anyway...just figured that this was the perfect time for me to get this procedure under way. I'm finishing up my grad school, will be done training for my spring marathon, and will be able to stay at my parent's house and have my mom take care of me post-surgery. I'm also moving across the country (PA to CA) later this summer, so it'll be nice to get a fresh start and not have to explain my recent "development" to anyone, haha. Hopefully I'll be able to get out of major packing and unpacking as well ;)

Can't wait to share more about my journey and hopefully connect with some of the lovely ladies of realself. I'll try to share some pictures along the way, even though I hate the way my naked breasts look and try to avoid looking at them.

Active 23 yr/old Female, No Kids, Scheduled for 300-330cc Silicone Implant w/ Periareolar Mastopexy

This past Friday, I had my final visit with my PS before my surgery. I wanted to make sure that we were on the same page as far as the look and size I was going for and also make sure that all of my questions were answered.

The last time I was in, my PS was on the fence about whether or not I needed a lift in addition to the implant in order to achieve a fuller, more lifted look. This time, he told me right off the bat that I definitely did need a periareolar mastopexy, because an implant alone likely wouldn't give me the results I wanted. He also informed me that my left breast was slightly larger and had a greater degree of ptosis, which meant that it may require some additional incisions (partial lollipop lift). I'm not super picky about scars or incisions as I already have quite a few marks and scars on my chest from long distance running-related chafing (I sometimes carry gels/keys in my sports bra when I run, whoops). So that news didn't really bother me. I was mostly disappointed because I wasn't expecting to need this additional surgery at the age of 23, having never had children or breastfed. I'm guessing maybe its just a combination of weight gain/loss and genetics? However, my PS did tell me that my areola would be smaller after the surgery, which seems like a positive.

I'm still moving forward the surgery even though the additional $1,800 for the mastopexy did give me pause. If it makes my final result more aesthetically pleasing and similar to my wish pics, I'll be happy. I've got about 4 weeks until surgery and need to start looking for some post-op care items and recovery supplies. I'm nervous but so excited to finally get this done. I'm also very happy that I'm getting this surgery done now...I was recently engaged and can't wait to see what wedding dresses look like with my new girls :) Time for me to catch up on reading all of your realself reviews! Thanks ladies xoxo

Also, will post some before shots soon.

Some before pics

Just realized I could upload photos directly from my phone. Some "before" pics

Paid in full! And more before pics

I can't believe how fast time is going! I paid in full for the surgery last week and have been feeling so excited and so ready. Only 10 more days!

I posted some more before pics to use as a comparison after the surgery.

All Done!! Relaxing in Boobie Land

Just wanted to check in and report that I made it to the other side!! I'll do a short post today and describe my day in more detail tomorrow.

I told my doctor before surgery that I would rather wake up and feel that I went too small vs. wake up and feel like I went too big. I ended up with 300cc on right, 320cc on the left. I had the lift as well, he ended up doing it through the areola and not making any vertical incisions. These incisions from the lift seem to be the most painful, but I honesty haven't been bothered too much.

It has been about 12 hours since my surgery and I'm feeling relatively good. I have been able to use the bathroom by myself, walk around a bit, eat some graham crackers, frozen grapes, and brown rice. I took a few short naps throughout the afternoon in my nice comfy recliner and have been managing my pain pretty well (2 or 3 on a scale of 1-10) with meds. I think I'm a little behind on my dosage because I'm starting to feel some pain around my areola. Probably going to take some more meds and go to bed. I'm a little nervous for tomorrow because from what I've read here, it seems like girls experience the most pain on the 2nd and 3rd days. We'll see! I'm off to go find a comfortable position to sleep in, will check in again tomorrow. I have my post op appointment in the morning and can't wait to see my new additions!

Review of surgery day & 1st day post op feelings

I thought it might be helpful to write about my breast aug experience yesterday in a timeline format.

I was instructed to be at the hospital at 5:30am and that my surgery would be at 7:30am. My mom and fiance came with me. I was happy to have them with me; my mom is a pharmaceutical sales rep and my fiance is a doctor, so I knew they would be asking the right questions and looking out for me.

5:00am - Wake up and head out the door
5:30am - Arrive at hospital, get checked in, give urine sample
6:00am - I am called in to the pre-op area and given a gown to change into. I have my vitals taken, blood is drawn, and an IV is inserted into my forearm. I also got socks and compression sleeves for my legs. My mom and my fiance are allowed to sit in the pre-op room with me. The anesthesiologist comes in, introduces himself, and answers out questions. Eventually my doctor comes in; it is a huge relief to see that he is looking energetic and ready to go. We finalize my size, he tells me that I will receive a lift and that I may or may not need vertical incisions in order to lift the breast properly. He draws all over my chest and breasts while my mom, fiance, and a PA student watch...slightly awkward, but I knew that the view was only temporary!
7:20am - Everyone clears out of the room while the nurse practitioner gets me prepped to head into surgery. My hair is pulled up into a hairnet and I get a drug through my IV that makes me relaxed.
7:30am - I'm wheeled into the operating room exactly on time. The only thing I remember at this point is looking over at the clock and seeing 7:31am. Without any warning, I'm out.
11:30am - Next thing I know, I'm waking up in recovery room 1. I drift in and out of sleep, actually very comfortable and pain free. I remember thinking how pleasant I felt...must have been on some good pain meds! A nurse comes around and asks how I am, but I'm still woozy from the anesthesia and don't remember much. I am fed some ice chips and just spend an hour or two in this recovery area. When the nurse thinks I'm ready, she asks me to walk over to recovery room 2, where my mom and fiance were waiting. I try to get up and start walking, but I immediately felt so nauseous that I had to sit back down. The nurse gave me an anti-nausea patch behind my ear and I waited for the next wave to pass. In the meantime, my PS walks by, telling me how great everything went and that I got 300cc & 325cc, no vertical incisions needed for the lift. I was happy but still pretty out of it, so I have no idea what I said.
1:00pm - Eventually I shuffle over to recovery area 2, where I'm put in a reclining chair and given some ginger ale and graham crackers. My mom and fiance are there. I continue to drift in and out of sleep while still clutching the vomit bucket the nurse had given me earlier. Soon, I'm ready to put my clothes back on and leave the hospital. They bring a wheelchair around for me and I'm wheeled out to my mom's car around 2:30pm.
3:00pm - I arrive home, eat some more graham crackers and frozen grapes. I'm all bandaged up with gauze, sports bra, and ace wrap. I'm actually feeling pretty good. I take maybe two half an hour naps, drink lots of water, and sit in my reclining chair in my living room. Two friends came over to visit and so I hung out and chatted with them. I think my family was surprised by how well I was doing. I've been on a relatively mild pain reliever (Norco), taking one pill every 5 or 6 hours, along with antibiotics, stool softener, and anti-nausea pills. I slept in my bed on a wedge pillow covered by more pillows, not really the most comfortable position but I was able to sleep pretty well. I've had no problem using the bathroom by myself, feeding myself, getting around, etc. I was expecting the worst but am happy to say that I've had a very pleasant recovery so far.

POST-OP DAY 1
Woke up a bit stiff. I was excited because I had my post-op appointment this morning, first time seeing the new girls! I was also apprehensive, because I knew that the stitches from the lift were likely going to be a bit scary. I was soo nervous as they were unwrapping me. The area around the areola was leaking a little blood as the PA took my gauze off. No bruising, but some crazy looking stitches around the areola and wrinkles on the underside of the breast. The doctor assured me that the wrinkles would round out and that the scars would virtually disappear. I am very happy with the size; mostly likely will end up being a full C. Apparently my implants are not only two different sizes, but two different profiles (can't seem to remember which is which but I think one was high profile). Due to this, one breast is sitting a bit higher than the other. Overall, my doctor seemed extremely pleased with the results, which was reassuring. I know that they are going to change a lot over the next few weeks and months.

I was told to start doing some massages this weekend and to keep a sports bra on at all times for the next few weeks. I can sleep on my side if I would like, although its still a little uncomfortable. I tried to push my engagement ring back on today, but felt a "gurgling" feeling coming from my right breast...looks like I'll have to wait a little while before putting it on. I also have an ace bandage that is supposed to be wrapped around my upper chest to push the girls into their pockets. I go back for a follow-up appointment next Friday.

After the appointment, I was feeling pretty good. My mom and I got manicures and pedicures. I started to get really tired at the salon and couldn't wait to get home. I took two painkillers when I got home and started to ice my boobs (Lansinoh TheraPearl 3-in-1 Breast Therapy from Target...so great).

Hope this info was helpful! I know that I had my doubts before going into surgery, but I'm really glad I went through with it. I'll try to post some more pics soon.

Post op day 1 pics

Post op days 2 & 3

I had been feeling so great on post op day 1, I thought for sure that day 2 I would be fine to go out and do some shopping with my mom, pick up groceries, etc. Obviously, this was not such a good idea. I felt so miserable that I just ended up laying in the car while my mom ran some errands. I took a dose of pain meds and just relaxed on the couch for the rest of the evening, was super drowsy and kept nodding off until I finally went to bed at about 9:30pm. Even the next morning I was feeling queasy, shaky, and had a terrible headache. I honestly felt like I was coming down with the flu. This was also the first day that I started taking tylenol extra strength instead of norco, so it may have just been my body coming off the pain meds. I started to feel better and better throughout the day and was also able to take a shower by myself. My range of motion isn't too limited, so I was able to shampoo, rinse, and dry with no problem.

My boobs are still feeling hard and tight. Not painful exactly, but they definitely don't feel like "part of me" yet. I can bet that my right side is going to be problem side...it is larger and a higher profile than the left side. I notice that if I reach my right arm too high (like when I'm pulling my hair into a ponytail) or reach for something behind me, I feel kind of a "whooshing" from my right implant. I don't really know how to describe it. It doesn't hurt, just feels like the air is moving around. I'm also numb in the area near my right armpit...hopefully that goes away soon.

Otherwise, not much else to report. I'm going into day 4 of post op and feeling pretty good. Still taking tylenol extra strength throughout the day and icing my breasts a bit to bring down any swelling. Although its been nice to have some time off, I can't wait to get back to my normal routine. I have my next post op appointment on Friday, so hopefully I'll be cleared to begin to do some light exercising.

I'll post a few pics from my phone when I get a chance.

Post op days 3 & 4 pics

13 days post op

It's hard to believe that it has only been 10 days since my last post and 13 days since my surgery. I can't believe how much has changed in both appearance and feelings about my new additions.

First, I really do love them. I had my doubts the first few days...what if I went too big, what if they never soften up and drop, what if the nipple never looks normal, etc. However, I've noticed some huge and positive changes in just these past 10 days. The incisions are really healing up nicely without the use of any steri strips, tape, or ointments. I very gently wash them with antibacterial soap and a washcloth to get rid of the dead skin and so far they are looking great. My right breast seemed to be hanging on more tightly in the first few days, but it has since dropped and caught up more with the left side. I've been massaging as my doctor instructed; side to side, up and down, and gentle squeezes 2x per day. I honestly can't believe how much more "squeeze-able" they've become in the past few days! In the beginning, I didn't believe they would ever feel that way. So I'm really pleased with how everything is settling and healing so far.

I saw my doctor again last week (8 days post op) and he was very happy with the results. The only disappointing thing was that he told me I needed to wait until 3 weeks for elliptical, 4 weeks for stair climber, and 6 weeks for running. I'm used to working out hard every day, so these past two weeks have been quite challenging for me. I've been sticking to walks outside and sometimes on the treadmill with ankle weights at a low speed. Otherwise I'm feeling pretty "back to normal" energy-wise, have been driving since 5 days post op, pretty good range of motion, sleeping comfortably on my side and back.

I've been going a little shopping-crazy lately (I think I've replaced an exercise addiction with a shopping addiction) and ordered some nice non-underwire bras from VS, new bikinis, and a few new tops. *Sidenote: For all you ladies wondering what to do with any tops/bras that are now too tight...I've been listing items on Poshmark. It's a pretty cool app for selling clothing, although be warned that they do take a commission. This app has not helped my new-found shopping addiction.

I'll upload a few pics from my phone to show progress. The bras I ordered from VS were either 34Cs or 34Ds, I wasn't quite sure of my size. The D cup bras look absolutely massive to me; I'm not used to wearing bras like that! They fit well enough although they seem to have a gap in the front between the cups. Not sure what that means but I figure that my boobs are probably still changing and dropping, so I'm not too concerned about finding a bra that fits perfect just yet.

So far, so good! I'll check back in soon. Happy healing, ladies.

Photos 8 - 13 days PO

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

I'm having the same lift you had, and I have to say I will be extremely happy if I have your results! You look amazing! Congratulations! I'm scheduled for moderate plus implants, what profile did you go with?
well done you look great!
Jaybee, you're looking SO good, woman!! I am in LOVE with that white bra(?) you're wearing in that last set of pics, btw... ;) All of your pics look great, I think I'm a little envious of your results....that size is perfect on you!! :)
Lady! you made it to the other side! So happy for you. These next months you will see tons of changes for the better. Glad you feel good and everything went well. It takes a while to have the boobs feel 'part of you' so hang in there. As for the bra shopping, wait until your Dr. says you are good to go. Is amazing how much boobies change by the day! so hang in there too lol
Congratulations...you look great! You chose the perfect size implants. Glad you were able to load pictures directly from your phone so we can see how fabulous you look. I can't even see any scars! Be sure to take it easy and really listen to your body when engaging in any activity. Keep us posted!
you look great :) hang in there!
Girl you look awesome!!! You are gonna look great in those sports bras and singlets during your long runs!!! ;-)
You look fantastic! We have the exact same stats and I'm starting out as a 34 b as well. I'm getting implants between the 270-330 range. I'm wanting to be a good or full size c. Do you know what six your implants brought you up to?
According to my doctor, I'm most likely going to end up with a C cup. Right now I'm probably on the verge of C/D, but I'm thinking when the swelling does down and they drop a little more I'll definitely be a full C. Hope that helps!
Congrats on your recent surgery!! I wish you the best w/ your healing and will be interested to hear how thing go for you! :)
thank you! I'll be sure to keep updating!
They look amazing! Congrats doll! Hope your recovery goes smoothly :)
thank you!! you too :)
congrats on the new twin!!! Hope your recovery goes well!!
thank you!! so far so good :)
Good luck with your surgery and recovery! The main key is to really relax and take it easy the first few days. I basically got up to pee and went right back to the couchfor the first 3 days. I iced them every hour for 20 minutes with the Lansinoh breast beads, you can find them at Target in the baby/feeding section, and was on super on top of the medications. If you feel good, still rest, you may just be numb from the surgery. Rest is your body's best friend for the first 72 hours. Oh and hydrate like crazy! As a runner you know this is key for recovery. Drink lots of water, Powerade (less sugar than Gatorade), Pineapple juice (for swelling) and stay away from caffeine (makes you bloated). GOOD LUCK!!!!
Thanks so much for the tips. I really haven't bought anything to prepare yet, so I've added these items to my list. Looks like I'll be headed to Target tomorrow! Can't believe its happening so soon. I'll be sure to post updates!
Good luck this week! Glad your parents will be able to help you during your recovery. By the way, how did the marathon go?
thanks Beth! can't believe I'm only two days out! and the marathon went well, truthfully not my best but I was still happy to have done it. thanks for asking!
Good for you for doing the marathon!

Thinking of you today...hoping everything goes well!
This is crazy! we do have very similar pre op boobs! Girl, you will be ROCKING your new set! It is a life changer! get your lift, it is worth the money.
Your boobs look very similar to mine before surgery! Are you still getting a lift?
Yeah, at first my PS was on the fence about the lift but when I went back for my second appointment he recommended a bilateral mastopexy. I was kind of disappointed but I'm hoping that the scarring will be minimal. Did you get a lift with yours?
I didn't get a lift but I probably could've used one, lol I wish my nipples were higher! Does your PS offer laser treatments post op for scarring?