Fantastic Doctor - Pittsburgh, PA

I am a distance swimmer and the excess skin on my...

I am a distance swimmer and the excess skin on my arms would chafe terribly when swimming long distances, and this was particularly painful in salt water. I had abdominoplasty in 2004 (different doctor/town), so I knew plastic surgery hurt. And it did. But my doctor was excellent and I felt like I had a partner in the recovery process, which made a huge difference. And now my arms don't rub at all when I swim! Very pleased with the outcome. It was worth it.

not worth it afterall

I love my doctor and this is not his fault but I have developed lymphedema in my left arm as a result of this surgery. It is swollen, painful, and I need to be in compression 24/7. Ironically I had this procedure so I could exercise pain free. So much for that. According to my physical therapist she sees this often in brachioplasty patients. The long scar disrupts your lymphatic system. So much for thinking I made it through the worst part of this.
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Gusenoff and his staff were excellent. Pre-op and post-op, he answered every one of my questions (and I had a lot of questions). He is bright, personable, confident, and current with the medical literature.