Not Worth It - Pittsburgh, PA

I got an IPL 10 days ago to remove a few brown...

I got an IPL 10 days ago to remove a few brown spots on my face, using a Groupon. I ended up with painful burns and blisters. They've since healed, but I'm left with stripes on my face that are impossible to hide with makeup.

The doctor who owns the plastic surgery where I had the procedure done swears that the proper protocols were followed and the results would have been the same even if he had done it himself. I think they have a standard setting they use, and didn't take into account my Asian ethnicity.

I would urge anyone who wants to try IPL to make sure that they do a test patch before anything else. I would never recommend this to anyone. Groupon gave me a full refund.

Can you give me an update on your skin? I had IPL two days ago and I have burns on my forehead (similar to yours in the picture) and under my chin-neck area. I had IPL before but at another clinic, and never had these results.
They definitely should've done a patch test, too. That's insane that they didn't. Sounds like a lawsuit.
They never should've given you IPL with Asian skin tone. I had it done recently and the first thing they asked about was my ethnic background because generally, the darker/more olive toned your skin, the less likely you are to be a good candidate for IPL and have hyperpigmentation as a result. For darker skin, they recommend the Genesis laser. Sounds like the people who did this were pretty incompetent.
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

He wants to see me again in a few weeks to make sure I'm healing properly, so I do think he has some integrity, but I'm so mad about this whole experience that I can't give him more stars.