FUT "Strip" Scars, Combo FUE/SMP - Thailand, TH

Ok guys this ones not to debate whether you should...

Ok guys this ones not to debate whether you should get a HT. My journey in HT started out in 2005 in Double Bay Australia; to this day I say it was an unethical procedure by a HT surgeon who purports himself to be all-over the politics of HT bodies & organisations, written books etc; but back then was putting out crap strip sessions. My grafts (under 1000) fell out and I was left scarred.

Guys I've had restoration work done in Thailand for a total in the vicinity of 9000 grafts. But recently in what I hope is my final HT, i had scalp micro-pigmentation into ear to eat scarring and by a separate clinic 250 FUE grafts.

Let's get some pictures up and see how the scarring fills in....

FUE/SMP into hair transplant scarring

In fairness my surgeon was not Dr Barry White.

2 weeks post op 250 FUE into scarring

Grafts have possibly shed at this point, however bulb should still be intact lodged under scalp strip scars. New growth of grafts shouldn't commence for 2 to 3 months. Will check back then. Thx for viewing.

Scars feel 'raised'

About a week ago I touched the recipient strip scarring to feel how fue grafts have taken to the scarring. I noticed that the scarring is now a bit raised/swollen at the sides of scarring. No infection.
Just thought I'd make mention because I wasn't told to expect this. I've emailed the Dr a day ago, awaiting a response .
Dr.Kongkiat Laorwong, MD

The SMP was performed in Sydney. Take some pain killers it hurts more cutting into scarring especially the boney bits above the ears. By in large it worked well but SMPs true worth/ effect & illusion is realised by wearing very short cropped hair. Dr Dr.Kongkiat Laorwong who,performed FUE was very easy going, certainly not pressuring me to take any action. He didn't even ask for a deposit to be put down the day before surgery. I thought that was pretty cool because most surgeons would have you putting money down prior, deposit. He did 2300 grafts (FUE) over one day full day 12 hours I was there in the chair. Thank god for Valium sometimes. I left the clinic with a small bag of goodies including prednisone for swelling, 2 more Valium, paracetamol, and an antibiotic for safe keeping. No post op pain, just the usual paranoia of worrying about banging your head and how to sleep without fear of bleeding and loss of grafts. Im writing this for anyone who's got bad strip scars like I did. There's stuff you can do. Ie. FUE/smp. Now I hope to be able to wear the hair short sometimes. 250 grafts is not a lot for large strip scarring but coupled with the SMP I anticipate a good result. Thanks for reading. I will keep you informed with pictures.

Hey Dude100 I am thinking of getting a hair transplant done by Dr Kongikat Laorwong , I am just wondering would you recommend him ?
do not ever get a hair transplant unless you prefer to have a barbaric scar on your head that every single person stares at everywhere you go!!! Shave you head, get comfortable with it. You can thank me in your next life.
Wow I am not sure I could sit 12 hours in a chair while enduring that pain.  Whoa, you are a champ.  Please, please keep us up to date on everything as you continue through this process.
Hi kimmers..yeah the FUE hair transplant is more labor intensive in comparison to the gold standard "strip" or FUT where the harvesting is faster. As for pain, I've never really experienced much pain because of the local anaesthetic they pump into the scalp, even post-op not much pain and I'm a real winger when it comes to pain. The only pain was the inept ht surgeon in Sydney all those years ago who's injections really hurt. The Thais I must say have got a gentle touch. Thx for yr comment. Take care.