Breast Reduction-lift - Phoenixville, PA

The decision to have a breast reduction-lift has...

The decision to have a breast reduction-lift has been something I've wanted since I first got breasts! I am now 39. I am 5' 2.5" and a slender build. My decision to have the surgery was two fold, medical, but more cosmetic. I was a 34ddd, trying to go to about a C. I have always had indentation on my shoulders and trouble buying bras and wearing certain clothes. I decided to get a consultation with a surgeon against my husbands wish and honestly expecting nothing to come out of it. However; he did bring to my attention the asymetry to my breasts by way of a photograph. The only way I was going to be able to have the surgery was if my insurance paid for it. My first visit was more for informational. purposes only. My surgeon expected to take approximately 500cc total, as he said I really only looked like a D cup, not a DDD. The Dr. actually said he did not expect this to be paid for. To my disbelief, a month later I got a letter that it was going to be fully covered by insurance. I immediatley made a follow up appointment, which was even more so against my husbands wishes. I had a lot of determination to do this, even though there are pros and cons.My husband did a lot of research and informed me of most of the cons.

I have 2 small children, and the outcome is not guaranteed. After the 2nd visit, I realized the Dr. and I were not on the same page. I honestly believe since he didn't think I would be approved, he didn't give me the same attention as someone who might have been paying for the procedure. He is the Chief of Plastic Surgery at the hospital where I had the procedure done and he has a wonderful reputation for being a good surgeon. We agreed on a lollipop/anchor type procedure. The surgery went well, but I came out what i feel was bigger than i expected. The surgeon only took 440 cc total. I had to have 90cc of blood drained from my left breast at my 2 week appointment. Now, almost 1 month after, I feel like the right breast is what I expected, firmer and smaller , and the left has very little firmness, still seems larger than the right and in my opinion seems to be sagging already. I think if I didn't feel the way I do about the left breast I would be fully satisfied with my decision and think it was all worth it. I don't know if my expection is too high for both breast to be uniform and it's just not possible. Unfortunately, since this was paid for by insurance, I don't know that any corrective work will be in my future, as this will cost money.

My PS is a very nice man, but has ZERO personality. He is very clinical in his explanation and straight to the point. He didn't offer information, but answered all my questions. His staff on the otherhand was wonderful as was his surgical team.