Vaser Liposuction on Stomach and Hips - Well Worth It - Phoenix, AZ

I am sharing my experience with everyone because...

I am sharing my experience with everyone because this site has greatly helped me with tips, pros, cons from reading other peoples experiences. After over a year of research, hesitation and lack of funds…I finally decided to get it done this year!!!

I debated over Smartlipo and Vaser. Although Smartlipo had more reviews and ratings, I decided to go with Vaser and it’s the best choice Ive made! Reading ratings from plastic surgeons on this site, many have preferred Vaser. Vaser uses ultrasound waves to emulisify the fat while Smart uses laser. I visited two MDs that specialize in each field.

My first visit was to an MD who is an Obgyn and now specializes in Smart. Many have praised his work on this site but I was unsure about having this procedure by an Obgyn. Ive read many horror stories about procedures gone wrong and each one emphasizing to go to a plastic surgeon. I didn’t get a good feel from this doctor. I don’t know what it was, but I just didn’t like the way he came across during my consultation. Maybe because he was mostly bragging about himself and how he’s the best and number one in SL.

My second visit was to a plastic surgeon who specializes in Vaser. The minute I met him, I knew he was the right doctor. He made me feel very comfortable and was very pleasant. He explained the procedure to me and answered my questions thoroughly. He also was very down to earth…he laughed and joked which made me feel at ease…unlike the other MD. Dr W showed me what he would be able to take out and how it would look. We went over pictures of previous clients and their outcome…other MD didn’t do this. I know price should not be an option when it comes to these things but he was 4k cheaper than the other doctor who was only doing my upper/lower abdomen, hips and cost of anethesia and 2 garments! And hes not even a plastic surgeon!! I was happy with the price quote he gave me because it was comparable to the prices I have seen on this site. I also researched both MDs and Dr W had good reviews along with a good background and schools.

Day of Surgery: Tuesday

I was pretty calm that day. A little worried about the outcome but for the most part calm. Dr W marked me and explained what he would do. In the meantime, he kept asking me if I was ok and if that’s what I wanted. He made sure the parts he mentioned was what I wanted. He even sat on the floor to get a better angle and to mark things properly! Anesthesiologist came and spoke to me as well. I had the procedure done under general anesthesia and Im glad I did because I don’t think I would be able to stand any pain. The procedure took 2hours. I was so out of it after that I could hardly keep my eyes opened. I was sore and groggy. I slept for about 2hrs when I got home. I tried to eat a little something so I can take my antibiotic and pain meds but I couldn’t. The pain was tolerable but took pain med as I wanted to get good sleep that night.

Day 1: Wednesday

Woke up expecting to have some discharge from my incisions on my sheet I had placed over my mattress but there were none! They had placed pads inside the garment and to my amazement, no leaking on it! I was able to move around with no problem. No pain meds in the morning. I wanted to walk around so I took my dog for a walk for over 45minutes. Just a casual walk and I felt great! They had given me a garment with zippers on both sides so it was easy to take off. I was hesitant to take it off but I was curious what I looked like. I was so swollen on my lower abdomen and hips. My lower abs looked like it had a small water balloon inside. I was discouraged and scared when I saw my hips. My main concern was to have my hips go down but they didn’t. They looked the same to me and my fiancé. I crossed my fingers that it will go down since it was only my second day and I was swollen. Took Vicodin to help me sleep again but pain was minor. Oh, I bought a compression garment online for my back since I feel that it needs support. Hope it’s the right one.

Day 2: Thursday

Compression garment came today but wrong size! Bummer! Will be on a mission to look for one. Swelling went down which was a relief!!! I felt much better seeing the swelling go down. I took some Arnica pills but don’t think they really work. I had some bruising but not as bad as I had expected. Incision sites were tiny! I took a shower today with no problem. No dizziness or feeling of faintness. I walked around the block again and did some light household chores. Tried driving today and did some errands with no problem. I cant stay still hehe. Also started massaging my abdomen, hips and back. Just light strokes…it was sore but tolerable. To my amazement, there was no lumps or hardness on my stomach. No waves either. My fiancé and I were expecting the worst for me….I wasn’t expecting to be moving around so much. I was ready for the soreness, the leaking, the bruises and popping pain pills but none of that! I really felt great considering I just had liposuction done 2 days ago! I even replaced the garment with Flexees. It’s a pain in the ass to put since it doesn’t have zippers on each side. I had to pull that all the way up from my thighs to my chest. Yea you can imagine how annoying that was. But I felt more secure with it since it was tighter, covered some parts of my back, and it gave me more compression. I would double up with the compression sometimes…I had the Flexees and a corsette on top of that. I felt secure doing this but also gave me too much compression that it hurt to breathe. Only did that for 2 days. No pain medication for me today. The only thing I have to complain about is the amount of times I had to get up in the middle of the night to urinate. My body’s way of getting rid of the extra fluid from the surgery and my extra intake of water.

Day 3: Friday

Went to work today for a short time since I had a half day. No problems whatsoever. The drive and work was a breeze. It is uncomfortable getting in and out of the car since my back is sore but nothing extreme. Went home, massaged and walked again. Also vacuumed and mopped my place! I know this sounds crazy but I feel that good! Hehe. Im so happy that Im able to do this because I was expecting much worst! Spent the evening at home relaxing with no pain meds again. Im sore, especially my back but nothing I cant tolerate. It is uncomfortable sleeping at night. I mostly lay on my back and don’t move as much.
Day 4: Saturday

Walked around the mall for a quiet a bit. Went to dinner and watched a movie. No complaints. Still sore but not too much. Still massaging morning and night. Bruises are still visible. Swelling has dramatically gone down. My hips are smaller and hoping it will go down more. Abdomen area has also gone down but its still slightly swollen as well as my back. Feel great!

Day 5: Sunday

Found the right compression garment! Spanx! Slim Cognito. Pricey but well worth it. No bulges or annoying underwire digging into my skin and giving me cuts. It covers my back which is what I wanted as well as my abdomen and thighs. Great material! Also goes unnoticeable underneath clothing…hides bulges and great compression. Walked around again and went out for a drink. No complaints here. Soreness isn’t as bad as before. Back is still more sore than my abs

Day 6: Monday

Saw Dr W today and everything went well. He likes the outcome and states that the swelling will go down even move in 3-4 weeks. Looking forward to this!!! 1200cc was taken out. A lot of fat from my hips…cant wait for that to go down. My next appointment is in 3 weeks, I hope by then the swelling will be dramatically down. Went to work today as well. I was surprised at how good I felt with no pain meds!
I was able to walk easily and get things done like I do on my everyday basis. So happy how things are turning out.

Day 7: Tuesday

Today is one week and my 30th birthday!! Bruises are fading and not too sore. Swelling is still going down and I’m thrilled at what Im seeing. Went for an 80minute lymphatic massage and how good was that! Im able to do everyday things with no problem at all. This procedure had turned out better than I had anticipated.

Dr W took great care of me and I am happy with his work and the results. I am waiting for his office to email me the before and after pictures. I will be going in next week which will mark my one month. Tomorrow will be three weeks. Ive started to feel lumps on my stomach. Ive been massaging at least twice a day. Ive read several articles about the lumps which will go away in 2-3months. The bruises have completely disappeared. Im still a bit swollen but not as bad as the first week. Still waiting for the final results. Will keep you guys posted!

Hi Everyone, I am two weeks post op I had vaser lipo on my flanks, hips, back and inner and outer thighs.....I also had a tummy tuck at the same time. I know it seems shocking, but I feel more sore and that the recovery is much worse with the lipo. Is this crazy? I know many of you avoid the tummy tuck like crazy because it is so invasive, but I had two back to back c-secttions and so much stretched skin and scar tissue, fat too! I am two weeks post op and the pain in my lower back and legs is insane. I am so swollen and bruised...I can feel lumps all under my legs. I feel like the tummy tuck was so easy like my c-sections other than the drains which thank God they are out...but the vaser was sold to me on the fact that it was not a hard recovery???? Am I the only one with this issue? Today was the first day I drove because I have been taking pain pills my inside thighs hurt so bad. I can say that even with all the swelling my saddle bags and chubby hips are gone!!!! Hooray does anyone know how long it will take for the swelling to go down? My PS told me they took 7 liters of fat from vaser and about 3-4 pounds from the tummy tuck. So sure I look smaller but no one prepared me for this leg and hip pain from the lipo it is hell! I appreciate anyone's comments! It is so hard to find this stuff out. Thanks, Mandy
Hi Mandy. I also got my lower back,flanks,hips and lower stomach done and its been 15 days for me and im not 100%. I still have a little bruising, im still sore,im starting to feel lumps on my sides and I'm sooo uncomfortable with these garments! I was to under the impression that I would be able to get back to my activities right after my procedure and I'm still uncomfortable! I can't get into my jeans because I'm swollen. I'm glad to know that im not the only one going through a hard recovery. I feel like my friends think im whining all the time..ugh! Not fun at all!
hey city girl..... Please girl, don't think you're alone. I've had a TERRIBLE first 3 weeks... on so many drugs and regretting what I had done. Thought of the worst: surgeon made mistakes, took too much, not enough, damaged my muscles... I thought all sorts, and I'm rather good at taking pain and being objective...BUT it seems like it is normal to have tightness, burning and pinching sensation. I had to drain for 10 days and still have seromas in my back, but I massage them each day twice a day to disperse them and allow my body to absorb better. I try drink 2 litres a day to flush it all out. I'm nearly 4 weeks in and now can walk around and bathe but still have a long way to go. My back burns all the time, muscles are v inflamed, my stomach is getting better but is really tight and hurts when I try and stretch it. I've done yoga for years and now can't even touch my feet!. I can also see that more fat has been taken out from one side andit's a bit wonky, but as the tissue heals and becomes soft again, it won't be noticeable at all. I'm expecting the lumps in my side to dissapeer soon and know the scar tissue under my incisions will eventually go after a long time. But they're hidden. Don't worry too much and give yourself time to heal. Attempting going to work tomorrow with my foam garment on, hoping I can take it off in a week. So far I'm happy with the results... I just need to lay off the cream cakes, pizzas and choccolate boredom comfort foods... Starting my diet tomorrow! Good luck everybody!
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

He is attentive and listened to what my concerns and what I wanted. Honest and realistic with what he can and cannot do. Made feel very, very comfortable the day of the surgery. Terrific doctor