I Loved my Breast Implants Until They Tried to Kill Me - Phoenix, AZ

I got my "safe saline filled fda...

I got my "safe saline filled fda approved" implants October 2005. I have been sick for 1.5 yrs. No doctor could tell me why, until I accidentally discovered my implants were the cause of my sickness. I am getting explanted as soon as possible. The doctors on here may say it is rare to find mold in implants, but if you google any breast implant forum you will find that it is not uncommon at all! I am pure tsetimony on how and why they make you sick....think about it...water sits in a dark moist place for many years...you gonna tell me it is nto going to harbor mold, bacteria, and fungus?

I spent $10,000 last year trying to find a doctor to help me with my arthritic conditions, chronic fatigue, digestive issues, and endorcine issues. These things are poison, and all doctors should tell you that this could happen. But they do not...in fact i asked my plastic surgeon if mold or bacteria could grow. He said no way! It is an enclosed system and sterile environment. Wished I had stayed with my gut.

if you need to research further...by the book The Naked Truth about Breast implants by Dr. Susan Kolb.

I just had my full C PIP (French company that went out of business due to bad business practices) smooth saline implants over the muscle removed on 7/28/14 with a partial capulectomy ($5160) due to many of the above symptoms resembling Candida as well as a rupture (slow leak). The main issue I had was a rash under my armpits for 3 years (immune system). I didn't bother to see a doctor because all they do is medicate and I had heard about related symptoms being from implants (immune-related). Once I detected the VERY SLOW leak (which could have been over the past 3 years) due to deflation I had them explanted instead of replaced by the same doctor who put them in (he had only done "a couple" of explants before. The rash went away immediately, which shocked me, as I thought it would take awhile. Other symptoms remain, the main one being depression, but that could also be situational and due to the horrible outcome of the explant. I put the implants in for a reason and of course, all those reasons still exist. I'm now an AA and look like a little boy. Haven't found a good padded bra yet and there's nothing to lift so I am not feeling great about my looks but I know I did the right thing for health reasons. I had to buy a molded bra with pocket inserts at a boutique that specializes in items for mastectomy patients (yes, that's pretty sad). Be prepared for the worst outcome when explanting and look at photos so you won't be horrified like I was. It can be quite shocking until fully healed, which can take up to one year. I keep reminding myself that health comes first but it's difficult living in silicone valley (So California). I just pray that I'm not dumb enough to try to implant again. Beauty or health? I know the logical choice. I believe many people already understand that ANYTHING that we put inside our bodies that is unnatural our bodies will attempt to destroy/protect us against (synthetic/processed food, pacemakers, medicine, implants, vaccinations, etc...). I would love to blame doctors (trust me I would) but in reality, no one in a capitalistic society where money is involved is going to tell us that anything is bad for us, we must take responsibility for our own bodies and health and lives and use our own judgement and make our own decisions. I know not to play with nature, but despite the health problems, I did feel so much better about myself for the past 16 years. It's a shame, but it's the truth, and that's why I put the implants in while logically knowing it wasn't healthy. I can only blame myself.
I would love to know how many women have had this problem. Send me comments if you do not mind .
I'm so sad. I have been sick since 2000. I'm now 50 years of age - and have about 22 of the symptoms. Doctors couldn't tell what was wrong with me. My family thinks I'm crazy because I can't remember anything or can't read things. My eye sight is so bad. I had 20-20 vision. I have had my gallbladder removed, H-Pylori, Barrett's Esophagus, Gerd, Migraines. I lost my job because I have been so sick. Everyone keeps telling me that I'm going through the change. I had tests run and my Gyno says I'm so far from menopause. I have large amounts of mercury etc. in my body. Had hair analysis - terrible report. Telling me I'm not crazy. Do you feel better after removal??? Kimberly
I do feel better . Not all the way but better than I was. I felt like I was slowly dying
I feel some better. I think getting those implants that contain mold and fungus need to come out it is just going to make you sicker!
Thank you so much for the info!!!!
I'm going to go see Dr. Susan Kolb in next 2 weeks. I will give an update.
Yes, please let me know what she says !!! I'm thinking about going to her because I still have one of my capsules in
Hi I'm in texas and like the rest of you I have been very sick brain fog, no energy,muscle weakness , and Epstein Barr just to name a few. Anyway in January of this year I felt like I couldn't breathe and I went to the e.r. It ended up I had a seroma behind my implant( pocket of fluid). It made me feel like something was a wrong with my heart . I went to my p.s. He said that we just needed to drain the seroma and I told him no that I have read too much on implants and I wanted them out because for the last year I was at the dr every 2 weeks with some kind of infection. He took them out I wanted him to keep them for me - they were full of mold . You could see everything floating around in the implants and in the valve !!! I was disgusted and I have contacted a few attorneys who say they do not take saline implant cases And that they have quit doing those !!! Are you kidding me the valves are bad and these companies should not be able to implant these poorly manufactured medical devices I would like to know if anyone has any answers for this !! We ought to be able to sue them !!!
Hi! Is anyone in Connecticut? I have a host of auto immune diseases that present like systemic lupus however have been on loads of prednisone and biologic meds for years that have not helped - and I think it's bc how can you help what your body is fighting everyday if the host is inside you. Who would you go to to have them removed? I want them tested but I also don't want scheming to protect the big guys.... I'm done suffering. Thanks. ashleystairs82@hotmail.com
Is anyone still on this forum?? So I myself like you ladies have saline implants. Had them done in 2002 back in my hometown of Utah. I'm now 38 yrs old living in Hawaii as my husband is in the military. I became EXTREMELY sick in Connecticut in 2010 and no one could give me answers. Until I arrived in San diego and met a Dr that was finally able to diagnose me with Lyme disease..positive blood work. My son has it as well but my case is more severe..way more. I have severe neurological disfunctions, lesions on my brain, eye inflammation, brain fog, memory loss, inability to retain information, lack of concentration, heart flutters, body aches and restless aches all over, severe hand knee and feet arthritis (deep pain and stiffness) horrible fatigue and weakness, my hair is falling out and is like sandpaper, my skin has always been great as I was a medical aesthetician before getting sick and now its blotchy and dry, my eyes are constantly sensitive to light and always burning, i'm sensitive to sound, my gutt is constantly swollen feeling like I'm carrying child again with the sensation of a rubber band being pulled from one side to the other and my brain just constantly feels swollen. See...all this did start in 2010...however I've done some of the best treatments around...hyperbaric chamber therapy, oxygen/ozone, herbal protocols, IV's...as I stopped pharmceutical antibiotics a while ago because of the long term effects. So now...I'm at a loss as to why I'm not getting better....worse actually. Could this really be my implants and its just been a horrible cycle of my immune system being affected from the implants as well as maybe mold and toxins from them. I'm really scared to get them out because I'm sooooo flat without them and my insecurities will all just come raging back. But right now I have two wonderful boys I need to take care of cuz they've been taking care of me the passed four years! I've read alot about Dr. Ssan Kolb in Atlanta but the financial means to get out to her are very limitied. But she sounds like the ONE that would really know how to treat my case as most doctors don't even know about LYME! THats a whole other issue! Anyway...If anyone has some advice, help, info they can offer i would love to hear....I'm in Hawaii and the selection for surgeons to do explantation and know how to treat you afterward is pretty limited. But if it needs be I will maybe have to save up to get to Dr. Kolb....I'm pretty sure my insurance will pay for the surgery as we do have pretty great insurance...thank you for taking the time to read...anyone! Melanie
Just out of interest: How old is your son? Did you breast feed? Was he born before or after implantation? You need to get them OUT! (Probably have already?) hope you're doing better? Sorry this is my 2nd day on this website.
I live in Alabama ! Can any one please give me a dr or place that will help me. I'm very sick. I think I'm really dying from my implants. Lisa Treadaway
Lisa, contact Dr Susan Kolb in Atlanta. She saved my life in 2010. I almost died from my saline breat implants. If you have more questions, email me laura5lee@hotmail.com
Lisa, contact Dr Susan Kolb in Atlanta, Georgia. She saved my life in 2010 when I almost died from Aspergillus fungal infection in my Saline implants. Email me your phone number if you need to talk. My email is Laura5lee@hotmail.com. I live in Oklahoma.
Sorry to keep posting but I want to make sure I give you guys answers the best I can. There is no test that can be done you have to get them removed to know for sure. That is terrible about your health insurance not paying for Lymes treatment. If you are unable to see any of these doctors I would next suggest seeing a Holistic physician in your area. They are much more open minded in situations like this. Then they may be able to direct you to a surgeon that can help. Ok this last post!!! LOL I hope I have answered some of your questions. I also would be glad to share my personal email.
I just seen Dr. Kolb this week and I'm in the same boat as most of you, been sick for years and never could figure out why until now. She told me right away that I had MOLD, my eye test for biotoxins told her that...She also ordered an ultrasound and it showed DEBRI in my implants which is usually infection or MOLD so she can do a few things to verify that your Implants NEED to come OUT! I'm scheduled for surgery with Dr. Kolb next week.
Hi.. My name is Kristi. I live in Florida,am 31 yrs old. I have had my saline implants for four and. half years. They look great. But the past few years i havent been feeling well mysrlf. Fatigued, frequently feeling sick every few months, body chills, sinus infections, dry eyes and mouth, etc. Its non stop. I have been thinking cod it be my saline implants? I would like to visit Dr Kolb but travel and expenses are hard. Does anyone know the cost for a consult w/ her or what. should do..,?? I never feel well.
Hi carol - did they have mold? Are you feeling better??
Dear Marbarr I also wanted to tell you that my health insurance paid for the removal of my implants. So if you have health insurance at least contact Dr Kolb or one of the other physicians mentioned below. I had to pay out of picket fir the lift but due to my severe illness my insurance paid for the removal. So please check it out. Did you have the regular blood test fir Lymes?
My Insurance paid for my explant as well due to the sickness but like KY I had to pay for the lift. I'm also positive for Lyme's and Dr. Kolb is treating me for that as well.
Sorry Marbarr I meant to include you in my post also!!!! I hate you are going through this but it helpful hearing other women stories. Hang in there!!!
Hello , I am so sorry you are having to go through this. I continue to travel 6 hours one way monthly to see Dr. Kolb. I am improving somewhat but continue to get sinus infections that knock me off my feet again. I have had some actually pretty good days which I haven't had in 6 years. So I am very thankful for that. I recently had a hair analysis it came back showing various heavy metals in my body due to silicone poisoning from the implant shell. I am currently going through heavy metal detox. Aqua detox footbaths, accupuncture , which is absolutely wonderful, Chorella and Magnesium Malate. I would recommend going to Dr. Kolb in Atlanta if any way at all possible. She is absolutely wonderful. Believe me I made trips to ER thinking I was having a heart attack. This horrible crushing pain would start in my temples then radiate down my jaw it felt like someone was crushing my throat. Then would squeeze my chest so tight I could barely breathe!!!! I still have no idea what it was. I have only had one since my implants were removed. The doctors in my area have no idea on how to treat me. There definitely needs to be some major education in this country!!!! I tell anyone who will listen my story in hopes it saves one woman from suffering like I have. Women need to be told signs and symptoms to watch fir if they do get implants. I just wish there was more I could do to help educate woman and physicians. Nobody really understands the daily struggle for us women whom implants have made sick unless you actually live with the daily aches,pains and the severe fatigue. It is a shame that there are basically only 3 physicians in the US that actually are honest regarding the truth about implants. I will never be able to get implants again and dont want them!!! I have high hopes fir the stem cell procedure if and when it is ever approved. I have Morgellons from the implants also. I have sores that won't heal on my arms ,chest, back, and now scalp. A few are now on my stomach and legs. It is quite embarrassing. They bleed through my clothes. I continue to search for an attorney who will help me . The physical part of all this is hard enough to deal with and then the financial burden is outrageous!!!!..... I have even emailed Erin Brockovich but haven't received a response yet. Oh well I just thought I would give it a try. I still get very angry and depressed at times because I have been through so much and still going through it. The best advice I can give you all is to contact Dr. Kolbs office. She will be able to help.To trakstarmom And concernedaughter I wish you both and your Mom the very best and hang in there.. My heart goes out to you. Remember this if a surgeon tells you it only a 2 hour surgery run and run fast. When done correctly it about an 8 hour surgery. I will keep you in my prayers.
Why is it an 8 hour surgery please? Now I am concerned, I am being explanted for some fatigue symptoms. But you are right , they say 2 hours, can you explain why 8 ? Thanks!
Wow, Share PHX AZ. I had saline explanted Monday after 22 years. I had a faulty valve and I had all the same symptoms as you that popped up suddenly in the last two years. ..All my labs came back normal and my endo thought that perhaps it was borderline hypothyroidism since my labs were in normal range but i had all the symptoms. scary stuff. i just wish someone told me when i put them in so i could make my own informed decision but because of women like you i made and informed decision to take out and not replace them. I stopped having muscle twitches already and no more breast pain already a plus in a week.. thanks for sharing.. smoking was considered safe by the public for a long time. I just think its only fair to share the negative outcomes and possibilities too and then let women make the choice they feel is right for them. BTW, I never had a problem until i could visibly see it deflating about 2 years ago