15 Years Younger - No More Turkey Neck or Jowls

I will be 60 years old in July. I have had a...

I will be 60 years old in July. I have had a 'turkey neck' and jowls for about 10 years and they have been getting worse every year. I realise some of it was hereditary. I wanted to improve my looks if at all possible. My son e-mailed me about Lifestyle Lift. I made an appointment and scheduled the surgery. I had checked locally and the price for facelift procedures was almost twice as much to start.

I've read so many negative responses to this procedure since I've had it done. Maybe I was just lucky...who knows. But I am quite happy with the work that was done on me. I had a 46 year old woman actually thought I was in my mid forties. Wow! I knew the procedure helped pretty dramatically but that comment surprised even me! It made my day for sure!

People talk of the pain. Well, I'll give them that. It was very painful the first two to three days. But then the pain diminished quickly. It was probably the third most painful thing I've done in my life. But I think it was worth it and worth the money I paid for it. It is a life changing event.

My suggestion to anyone considering this procedure: If you seriously have issues with your facial appearance and seriously want to do something about it...by all means schedule it with Lifestyle Lift. But, be prepared for two to three days of intense pain! That of course will differ depending on the person...maybe I'm just a 'weenie'. The pain meds help, be sure to take them.

I didn't find the surgery itself to be too painful. It was when the feeling started coming back, but this is the same of any injury. If you're not sure if your facial features are that bad or not, you may want to rethink this procedure a couple of time. It does hurt afterward for a while (as I said, two to three days). There's even some residual pain as feeling comes back to your face, but it's not that bad...it will subside. You may want to give yourself a full 2 weeks before returning to work. You can go sooner but you may feel uncomfortable. It takes some time for you face to resume a natural look as you skin stretches back to normal.

I am very happy I did it. Make sure you really want it before you schedule it. It made a 15 year difference on me...I even feel younger! (go figure)

I am sorry for the people who have had a bad experience. I don't know the statistics if that is the norm or not. But I am thrilled with the way mine turned out.

Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

The doctor was very experienced...I assume he's done quite a few of these. That helped me feel a bit more comfortable about this surgery as I've never had any surgery before in my life. I had no idea what to expect. The office staff were friendly and couteous. The doctor called me at 8:00 P.M. that evening to check on me. I wasn't expecting that. I haven't been called for my 'after' photos and I haven't received my 'before' photos or I'd be happy to share them with you.