Thrilled with Results of "Mommy Makeover" - Phoenix, AZ

Through diet and exercise (slowly after 2.5...

Through diet and exercise (slowly after 2.5 years), I was able to get within a few pounds of my pre-pregnancy weight. Unfortunately, I still looked a few months pregnant because of the extra skin left behind from my last pregnancy. (My belly measured 44 weeks at my 32 week OBGYN appointment due to extra fluid and a large baby!!) I also had a scar from two C-Sections and my breasts were not as perky as they had been before breastfeeding and weight gain/loss. I am only 33 years old and am active and I wanted to look like it. The only way to get rid of the extra skin and get volume and lift in my breasts was through surgery.

I am not sure about the maximum. (It might be different for each patient) For me, it was between 325cc and 350cc. I am not sure what the exact amount was that I ended up with because you can fill them more/less when you have saline. I haven't been fitted for bras but will probably end up with a full D cup. (I was between a B and C before.)

I did not do the pain pump and I don't remember them offering it; but I probably wouldn't have taken it anyway. I don't remember it being too bad... just uncomfortable and hard to move around like I was used to. For the most part, Tylenol, Advil, and spending all day/night on the recliner chair were enough to keep the pain tolerable.

I had my "after" pictures taken Wednesday at the office but they haven't sent them to me yet... hopefully within the next few days.
yes our anniversary is about 2 weeks before surgery...but I most likely will already be eating really "clean" so that I can be in optimal condition for healing...my husband is use to me being on these crazy eating plans as I am obsessed with maintaining my weight and remaining healthy. a couple of years ago I went Vegan for 12 months just to see if I would feel better...I did, but it is just too difficult to maintain when no one else in the family wants to jump on board.

I will need a lift for sure, what is his maximum for a lift? ...I am sure that that is the route I will go as well (go big or go home, right?)

I will see if I can start a review as well and post some before pics as that way I can delete them off my phone. (every time I try to take a picture, there pops up my headless naked pictures haha)

thanks for the tip on the gauze and polysporin. I will definately make sure I have lots of that. Did you get a pain pump or does Dr. W not do those?
Congratulations on your anniversary! I hope you are getting the surgery after any celebrations because you probably won't feel like doing much for at least a few weeks.

That is funny about your dream! I did not want to go too small either so I got the largest implant that that Dr. Ward would do with my breast lift. (He has a maximum when he does a lift at the same time) I am so glad I went as large as I could. :-)

I had not heard about the silicone sheeting... I will look in to that after the Mederma is gone. Thanks for the tip!

One tip that would have helped me that I didn't find anywhere- Stock up on gauze and polysporin ahead of time. I went through that stuff so fast!

Photo Update

You look great! Your scar is low and straight. Your PS did a great job.
Wow you look great! I can see why your thrilled! Yaahhh! Now I'm really excited! I was going to have my surgery on March 31, but I have a destination wedding to attend in the beginning of May so I wasn't sure how well I was going to feel by 4-5 weeks post- op. I am concerned enough about flying home to Canada only 10 days after surgery. Did you have drains? If so, for how long?
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Dr. W was very thorough in my initial consultation. He spent a good amount of time listening to what my goals were and then gave me information on the procedures he recommended. He was honest and candid and I appreciate that he was able to tell me what to reasonably expect from surgery. He was very personable and I felt like he really cared about me as a person and about achieving my desired results. M was also awesome! She was able to answer my questions and was a great person to talk to when I got worried about anything regarding the surgery or post op. She spent extra time with me during my appointments (before and after surgery), on the phone when I had miscellaneous questions, and helped keep me from over-stressing. When I tried on the implants she gave good insight to things I hadn’t considered and wasn’t at all bothered that I wanted to try them on again a few days later. I was back to work within 2 weeks and able to return to my normal activities after 10 weeks. I feel great now (14 weeks post op)! I am so happy I had the surgery and that I chose Dr. Ward. I have and will continue to recommend Dr. W to anyone I know looking for a ‘mommy makeover’.