Feeling a Little Anxious - Phoenix, AZ

I'm choosing to get rhinoplasty surgery...

I'm choosing to get rhinoplasty surgery because I'm very unhappy with my nose. I've been made fun of for it throughout my whole childhood and even sometimes now. I think rhinoplasty will help me boost my confidence and overall feel better about my appearance. I'm nervous to get the procedure only because I'm afraid of needles(IV) and anxious about what the end result will be, as I'm sure most people are. Will post after pictures after I get the surgery. If anyone could give me some feedback or tell me what to expect that would be wonderful! Thank you!

Okay sorry it took me so long. I had surgery...

Okay sorry it took me so long. I had surgery Wednesday, March 2, and everything went fine. It took 3 hours and the doctor was very proud of the work he did. He has assured me that it will look fantastic and I am already so happy with it! The IV hurt but it was over quickly and being put under wasn't a big deal at all. I didn't really like waking up(I was dizzy and disoriented), and having the packing removed wasn't the very fun.Other than that this procedure has been smooth sailing! I worried for nothing. The cast comes off next Thursday, March 10, and I will post pictures!

My experience with having rhinoplasty was quite...

My experience with having rhinoplasty was quite comfortable. It was much easier than I thought it would be. The swelling to my face was minimal and there was never pain, unless I were to accidently bump it.

The office staff was always very kind and supportive, and willing to help me with every question I had. My doctor was very easy to talk to and really knew what I wanted.

I was told that many people get depressed after rhinoplasty because the first time they see their nose it is very swollen(and remains swollen for some time), and they are disappointed. I on the other hand thought my nose looked 10 times better even with the swelling! The results were amazing. I even thought it looked better than the computer imaging we did!

My doctor did exactly what I wanted. I am very glad that I chose him. It was well worth every penny. I am more than happy about my results and I am so confindent about how I look.
Scottsdale Plastic Surgeon

He is just wonderful! He knew exactly what I wanted/needed from the beginning and made me feel like I was his special project! I trusted him completely from day one. Definitely recommend to everyone seeking this procedure!

hey. your results look great :) I was wondering did your nose size profile view change after your surgery because i still have the same nose size 3 weeks post op.
wow he did a great job
Your nose looks so nice!
Amazing, you look gorgeous ;) !! He did an amazing job !!
Good luck !! Can't wait to see the after pics! Get lots of rest and take care of yourself. I can't wait until I can save up enough for my rhinoplasty :)))
Thank you for your response. Very helpful information! I will keep reemphasing exactly what I want to the doctor. I have a pre-op visit on January 4th. I will go over exactly what I want then and again on the day of the surgery. Plus I will take in some pictures. Thanks again!
Make sure to tell your doctor exactly what you want, don’t rely on his experience and knowledge. Do the digital imaging!!! I has an awesome surgeon, but I regret soooo much that I didn’t emphasize that I wanted this and nothing else. Bring the picture of what you want even on the day of the surgery! Because, during the consultation my doctor told me that that he will be able to do exactly what I want, but on the day on surgery it seems like he forgot completely. He went over the whole procedure with me “I will remove the hump, I will raise a tip a little…” and I was thinking: “wait a minute, what do you mean a little, I want a LOT!” but I trusted him, we have talked about it during consultation and didn’t say anything. I decided to rely on his opinion. And that was very wrong decision. So make sure you are on the same page with your surgeon.
IV, don’t worry at all; you will be a sleep so fast you won’t even notice that.
Good luck!
Thank you so much for your comment. Your feedback is very appriciated and helpful! I will be sure to be very specific!
I share the same story. I was made fun of as a kid and even later in life. I have wanted to get my nose fixed but never got around to it. Things just kept coming up. Well now I am going to do it. My surgery is scheduled for January 14th and I am so nervous!!!
Congrats! I would really appreciate it if you kept me posted and let me know how it goes! I'm sure it will be worth it for you. I am going back to my surgeon on the 21st of December to set up a surgery day and I am nervous too but I'm also extremely excited! Good luck!
Yes, keep me posted, I'll do the same. I have my pre-op on January 4th. I can't believe I am finally doing this. I have wanted to do this forever.
I'm so excited for you! Im trying to schedule my surgery somtime in January as well.
Did you get your surgery date set??
No not yet. I have only seen one surgeon so I'd like to see a few more before I decide.

Oh, you will love your results!! Even if you don't end up with the perfect nose, you'll still most likely be happier with it. That's how I feel.

The IV is no big deal. Seriously. I barely felt it going in, and once it gets in there, they start giving you really good drugs to relax you. So you won't even care about the IV :)

My advice is: Don't expect perfection, expect improvement. Rest a lot for the first few days your home (it's not like your body will let you do much else anyway). Try to get anti-nausea meds if you can. Relax and have fun with your new nose!

Good I'm so glad to hear that the IV isn't a big deal! I know my nose won't be perfect but I'm sure the results will look much better than it does now! Thank you so much for all of your advice!