New to Invisalign After Braces - Phoenix, AZ

I'd had metal braces as a kid, but it was a...

I'd had metal braces as a kid, but it was a horrible experience and my orthodontist didn't give me any retainers, so of course my teeth moved around. I've always been self-conscious about my teeth, but I couldn't bare to be all metal mouth again, and when everyone had braces I was so happy to be the girl who didn't! (Oh the Irony! Im now the 18 year old girl straightening her teeth when everyone else already has perfect teeth with no braces) I had tried to get invisalign a few years ago, and had a consultation with an orthodontist that I thought was an invisalign provider. He was completely against invisalign from the start, and really made me loose hope, but a few months ago I looked up orthodontists through the invisalign website and realized the original dentist wasn't a provider-hence he wanted me to go with an option he offered. My new orthodontist is an elite provider, and my consultation was great! So my advice to anyone looking for invisalign is to really do your research and find someone who a registered provider, it really makes the difference.

My second piece of advice is to find one that offers iTero impressionless scanning! No goo, no choking, just a little light on the end of a camera! :)

Anyway, it took two and a half weeks for my trays to come in, and I am now on day two of my first tray. My bottom teeth at the front have moderate crowding, my top two front teeth are slightly overlapped, and I have an overbite, so they aren't too severe. My dentist expects it to be about 18 months, with a few attachments and my dreaded fear..the rubber bands. Needless to say, I'm beginning to realize this is going to be a long 18 months.

So far the pain has been easy to deal with, but I'm finding the trays very hard to cope with. I feel like I'm going to choke on them, and have been having horrible anxiety. I hope I get more comfortable wearing them soon, because I really don't know if I can do this. I dedicated myself to getting straight teeth, but this is more than I bargained for. :(

One concern I have is whether all this teeth brushing is going to wear down my tooth enamel, surely like 6 times a day is too much?

Thanks for posting your review! I'm so sorry to hear you are having such a hard time getting used to the trays. My guess is the more time you have had them, the easier it will get.

Here is a Q&A that might help with your concern about brushing:

How Many Times Should I Brush my Teeth with Invisalign?

Let us know if wearing the trays gets easier for you as time goes on, K?