What Next? - Phoenix, AZ

I have made an appointment for the Phoenix Sono...

I have made an appointment for the Phoenix Sono Bello, I have paid and had a telephone interview. I was told I would receive an email that would need to be completed and returned so the appointment Could be finalized. I have received nothing but an email congratulating me on my decision to have my liposuction done with them. I returned the email asking what happened to the paperwork and have heard nothing. I will be making another call so I can get questions answered. I do not want to wait for answers until the appointment the day before surgery. I will be flying to Phoenix the day before and would like to feel comfortable with my decision. Has anyone one had their liposuction done at the Sono Bello in Phoenix? What was your outcome? With airfare, hotel and procedure I will be paying $7,500. To me that is not cheap.

More Information

My doctor is Michael Desvigne and a board certified Plastic Surgeon. I did contact Sono Bello and they did send me the medical forms that I have since completed and returned.
I have made reservation at a hotel within a few miles of the clinic that has a one bedroom suite. My sister will be staying with me; therefore I may opt to sleep in the recliner wrapped in a garbage bag the first night to keep from bothering her and if there is any leakage it can easily be cleaned up. Do I sound a little weird for the garbage bag? I have read where some patients have substantial leakage and I do not want to be faced with replacing furniture for the hotel.
I am glad I am going to be able to have local sedation because the last time I had general I had nausea like forever it seemed. I think recovery is also a lot quicker with the local. We will see. I further understand that they use Smart Lipo and recovery is less troublesome than some of the other types. Wish me Luck. I am 2 1/2 weeks out.

Two weeks out

In two week I will be boarding the plane to Phoenix. In fifteen days I will be undergoing my smartlipo. I am both looking forward to it and worried, I have read the story with bad results and even of a death from an overdose of lidocaine. I know that these are the very rare exception but I still worry.
I have bought the largest purse I can find since I am not paying for a check-in or a carry-on. I will take three light weight workout pants, light weight Tee’s, underwear and the girl necessities. I also plan on wearing a turtle neck under a designed Tee and a over-shirt. Anything more that that I will buy at the dollar store or Wal-Mart and leave with my sister or niece to be picked up later.
I started taking my Arnica Montana today and will buy the bromelain when I go shopping. I hope to be able to keep the bruising down to a minimum. I will be emailing SonoBello to get a list of supplies I will need so my sister and I can pick them up before my appointment on the afternoon of the 3rd.
Today while I was taking my shower I was thinking about why I really wanted to do this. Nobody besides my husband and lady doctor sees me without my clothes so why is it important. I do not ever expect to wear a bikini in public again. All I want is to get rid of the tummy and love handles to look better in my clothes, to have a sleek line to say. I am 5’7” and weighed 114 pounds when I was married so I do not want to be that thin again, I really would prefer to be 130 to 135 instead of 155 but due to things beyond my control I doubt that will be possible. I watch what I eat and work out three times a week and it seems that my scale is stuck at 150 – 155. My solution is to remove what I do not like and hold firm on the eating and exercise and be happy with a sleek new look with my clothes on.
I am looking forward to spending a week in Phoenix with my sister, then a few days by myself to do whatever before flying home on the 10th day. I picked that day because from what I read that would be a good healing point to feel comfortable for the airport ordeal of standing in line and sitting on a plane for 2 hours. And as I understand it I will be in a stage two garment that will make traveling a whole lot more comfortable.

waiting for response

I have sent a email asking about taking supplements. I have read that zinc, arcina Montana, and bromelain are very good pre and post surgery. I hope to have an answer tomorrow since I sent the request yesterday. Surgery in six days. Very nervous.

Pictures

I have pre-pictures on my cell phone. I will post. I always like to see the pictures myself.

pictures of the problem area

A frontal picture and side picture pre-surgery.

complete report later

Today is day three. A piece of cake. Bruising under breastbone and dime size on right lower abdomin. No real pain, no pain pill of any kind after 24 hr. Pain 1 - 3 on scale. Will later post complete review.

The Big Day and Following Week

Friday, January 3
Left home this morning to fly to Phoenix, I got to DIA and sailed through security after a quick pat-down and then for a long wait. I watched a girl cut her own hair while she waited. I arrived in Phoenix and met my sister, that is where the real fun started She does not have a GPS in her car and it only took 3 hours to find Sono Bello from the MapQuest directions. Everyone was friendly, I was given additional information in addition to that they had already sent and what I had picked up from Real Self.

When we left they gave us directions to the pharmacy but the turn they insisted was correct would take us into oncoming traffic. We never did find the pharmacy but 2 hours later found the hotel. I called Sono Bello and they said to just come in the next morning and they would give me the meds then. So much for antibiotics before surgery as normally done by Sono Bello.

The hotel told us of a Walgreens just two blocks from the hotel, if they had just given me the script I could have gotten them filled.

Today was not a good day. I was not impressed.

I could not sleep all night, just tossed and turned. I had high BP today at doctor’s office, if they thought it was high today just wait until tomorrow after all the stress from today. I was more worried about the procedure than anything that I had ever done.

Saturday, January 4
We got to the surgical center at 7:30 AM. I was weighed, measured, and doctor marked me up. I was given two pills, a shot of Demerol, and a valium. I did get a little nauseous and was given crackers. I was officially in the twilight zone. But I was semi awake and talking to the doctor and nurse. The doctor explained everything he was doing from the shots, the incisions, the injection of fluid, and finally the suction procedure. I felt no real pain just a little discomfort on the left side up by the breastbone. I did the hips, waist, and upper and lower abdomen. I was put into my Compression Garment with pads for the drainage of incisions. During the day and night I woke up enough to take the medication, sure hope I was taking the correct ones.

My sister drove us back to the hotel and I went straight back to sleep. For supper she got herself a hamburger and both of us a malted shake. And it was good, one of the best I remember having for a long time
_
Sunday, January 5
I had no trouble sleeping; in fact, I slept from 11Am on Saturday until 11PM Sunday. I had no real pain, on a scale of 1 – 10 I would say a 1-3. Mostly I felt like a good workout. Amazingly enough I did not have any trouble getting up or down. The only thing I did notice was when I burped I had a bad taste in my mouth._

I had drainage that got unto the couch but we were able to clean it.

I changed my dressings and had quite a bit but nothing serious. The bottom front of the binder was soaked and a small amount of drainage still from front bottom incisions with the others already closed

Monday, January 6
I had waited until this morning to take a shower, it was a piece of cake. No pain, no light headedness, nothing. I can see I am much improved and hope the loose skin will tighten up. The only bruising I have is under the breastbone. Getting back into that CG was the challenge.

We went out to Wendy’s and then thrift store shopping to get reading material. Since I was to walk at least 10 mintes every two hous I got my exercise. Still no pain. How did I get so lucky?

I am not aking any of the prescriptions except the antibiotics. I did take two Tylenol for discomfort.

The CG is a little short for me since I am a tall woman and it cuts into the crouch. I might take a pain pill tonight since they put me right to sleep.

OK, I am not a big girl as I thought. I did not take the pain pill and at 4AM I crawled out of bed looking for them because I thought I would do just fine, thank you. Wrong! So, down the hatch and give them a few minutes to work.

Sono Bello called to make sure I was doing well and getting my walking in. I told the nurse that my sister took my pulse four times on Saturday to make sure I was still alive since I was so non-responsive. We both giggled over that, but I was dead serious that I did not think that was such a good thing to happen.

I was reminded to remove the binder the 3rd day and on the 4th to start wearing the CG for 12 hours a day so the incisions can get air to heal properly. The binder is driving me crazy because it keeps working its way up and then rubbing in the areas that have incisions.

It was a long day. But we decided to visit some realatives and spent the rest of day and evening with them. I forgot to take one of my antibiotics so took it when we got back to hotel. Then my sister and I stayed up until 4 AM talking

Tuesday, January 7
We were up at 8:30 am. We picked up a few necessities of life and had breakfast at the Village Inn with my nephew and wife.

We went to the best fabric store in Phoenix and made some fantastics purchases.
Sono Bello called to make sure I was doing well plus to remind me of my Thursday appointment. I told her about demonstrating my high kick and the pull I felt in the lower abdomen area. She said not to do it again. Really!

We walked most6 of the afternoon and other than the high kick there was no pain or discomfort. I have not taken any pain medication since Sunday night. I did find another bruise the size of a dime beside the right bottom incision. Other than the problem with the “Sleep” I have had a real easy journey. I should have been more emphatic about my sensitivity to drugs. The valium, demeral, and two other sentatives, I believe, almost overloaded my system. If someone has to check your pulse four times in 18 hours to see if you are alive because your breathing and responses are so shallow you might be close to overdosed

Tomorrow is a big day, I get to take the CG off for 12 hours a day to let the incisions breath. That little gem was washed before it was put back on.

I can see the waist that I used to have and it is coming back. Thank you Sono Bello.

Wednesday, January 8
Nothing to report other the the first 12 hours without the CG. It felt good. 12 hours without CG I could see the swelling. After dinner I took a shower and put that little CG back but it was a little snug after being washed.

Thursday, January 9

A doctor appointment in the morning. I was healing nicely with some swelling and unevenness. At three months I should start to see about 50% of the final results. I still have very little bruising. I ordered two second stage garments that I should wear at least 12 hours a day for the next 2 – 3 months. The doctor said that Sonno Bello may open a office in Denver and would be able to go there for the 3 and 6 month checkup.

I was given ScarGuard to reduce scarring and to start using after the scabs are gone.

I had lost 2 ½ pounds but was told most people gain that or more that first week so that was a good sign for me. I think they said they removed 2,000 liters of fat. I sure hope that was enough. I had also lost 3 inches in the waist and 2 inches in the hips.

I asked about the local sedatives that I received and was told that was the very least that Sonno Bello allows for a local procedure.

Sunday, January 12
Last full day in phoenix and I have not been watching my diet. The reason to look forward to cold old Colorado so I can do a better job on the diet.

I have some hardness in the abdomen but have been told that is normal. The nurse had shown me a kneading massage that would help.

I poured the pain, nausea, and anxiety pills down the stool. I had only took two or three of the pain meds, one of the nausea pills and none of the anxiety pills.

I can see an improvement at this stage but not as much as would like but I am more than willing to wait. I did not get in the condition I was in a week and I am ready to give it time.

A Scare

I was messaging my abdominal as I was told to do and one of the scabs came off. A bloody serum started flowing from that area. It ran down my leg and onto the floor. I had a mini pad there and it was completely soaked in one minute. I have a large towel folded on it now. I called Sono Bello and was told a person's(sp) mist have built up and this does happen and to just watch it for infection. It sure freaks you out.

seranoma not person.

Stupid auto correct.

Drainage update

The drainage has quit but soaked the towel before it did. I have started upping my vitamin C, zinc, and bromelian. Now I am afraid to start messaging again, I think I will wait until the scabs are all gone.

correction

In my posting I see I said they remove 2,000 liters of fat. I meant to say 2,000 CC. Boy, if it was 2,000 liters I would be a oil spot on the carpet. Sorry about that mistake.

Second stage garment

They arrived today, one black and one in nude. I put one on immediately, it feels so good. I was right on the cusp between small and medium, I ordered medium and it fits perfectly. It even everything out so the waist is not as obvious. I may get a waist cincher to help that out.

starting messages

I hope to start the messages this week to help break down some of the lumps and hardness in the abdominal area. I feel 100% back to normal but I know I am not. I see that several people went back to working out by two weeks after liposuction. My doctor told me nothing but walking for six weeks. I also want to start diet to drop about 15 pounds. Wish me luck.

Oh boy!

I had said how comfortable the second stage garment was, well forget that. I had only been wearing garment 12 hours a day as suggested by the doctor as acceptable. I was not seeing the results I would like being 15 days out so yesterday I worked out and wore the garment to bed. This morning I could not wait to get out of that torture machine for a couple of hours. I do not know if it was the exercise or wearing the garment longer than usual but I have more painful spots than I had immediately after lipo. I will be putting the garment back on in a short while and not definitely not look I Nguyen forward to it. Other thought is that it was new second stage garment and even though it says the same size it may actually be a little smaller than the first one. I have to admit that when I have it on I do look amazing. Anyone else had that experience?

Getting that body back

As of two days ago I have started wearing a CG 24/7 again. The first night I wore a second stage garment to sleep in and by morning it felt like torture. Last night I wore spanx. This morning I look and feel a lot better. During the day I wear the regular second stage garment. It could also have been doing the massages so that could help also. Whatever the reason I feel I am now starting to making real progress to a Better look I my bod.

New Pictures

This morning I took these pictures, when I took my shower this afternoon everything look even better.

waist cincher

Yesterday I received in the mail my waist cincher from Squeem. I ordered the medium and yesterday I could not get it on, I was sure it was way to small and planned to return it. This morning I thought I would give it another try. It is very snug but not terribly hard to get on. I guess that is what swelling does. They recommend wearing for only one hour the first day, two hours the second day and work up from there. It does give an hourglass figure. The cost was $54 per garment. I ordered two so I would have one to wear while one is washed. I hope it does what my friend claims it did for her.

When to leave

We are getting ready to leave for a visit to friends and relatives in Arizona and Texas. I am again in the waist clincher, once I am up to several hours a day I will start wearing it instead of some of the cg. The time I have been wearing it I find it more comfortable than anything else I have been wearing since surgery. It is the rubbery feeling material on the outside that many workout/ sweat garments have. The inside is a soft cotton material that feels good on the skin. The garment has two rows of hook and eye down the front. I am in the biggest row, I understand that in a couple of weeks I will be able to go to the smallest. If I could get to look like I do with the garment on I would be estatatic (sp)

when do these pesky scabs come off

The two bottom incision still have scabs on them. The one I can understand since that is the one that drained last week, but the other one. When I took the waist clinched off I had a little spot that looked like the drainage incision must have put just a little on the cotton. I have decided to wait on cincher until both scabs completely healed

I am such a goof ball!!

I can not believe it. I bought extra second stage garments, two waist cinchers and we get into the motor home and leave it all at home. What I have done is go to Wal-Mart and buy their small waist cincher with hook and eyes and the panties with the high waist with hook and eyes in small. I hope wearing these will take the place of what I left behind. I will be transferring my three and six month check to the Denver's Sono Bello. I just hope I did not screw up my results by leaving all my purchases at home.

Things are moving in right direction

I found one of my daisy cinchers is my underwear drawer. It is very snug but is has healed move everything in the right direction. I still have some lumps and bumps but look really good in my clothes. The side view is not that good but you get the idea.

auto correct gone mad

It is a waist cinchers.It has moved things in the right direction.

A day off

Yesterday was a bummer. I had the flu and flat on my back, everything made my tummy churn more. I was out of the CG for about 36 hours. I am back to it today but will see how it goes. I still have a pounding headache but every day can not be perfect.

Still not sure

I was asked to update my review but truthfully I can not give a thumbs up yet. I still have swelling and lumps, until those go away I will not be happy. As I said before I do not need to be wearing a bikini again but to just look good in my clothes and not have hard lumps. I feel that is the very minimum I should expect.

lymphatic messages

This week I have had two lymphatic messages. I hope they work since they r very expensive. I will do two next week and then taper off. I am to still do my own message on the other days of the week. She suggested that I might want to soak in a tub of hot with epsen salt. It does seem as if some of the swelling is down. At six weeks out I guess it is still to be expected.

Exercising Again

Today I started swimming. I am starting at 1/2 hour and want to work up to an hour a day. The doctor had said to stick with walking for the first couple of months, my thought is that swimming is not much different and much more exercise. When I first started I sure could tell my muscles were tight but after a few minutes they relaxed and I enjoyed my time in the pool.
I talked with Sono Bello in Denver and told me that if my concerns continue to please come into their office to be checked. I told her with the messages, compresses, and exercise I was hopeful the hardness would resolve itself.
I think I will email the Denver office with my link here on real self so they can keep abreast on my past experience and future until my appointment with them in April.

8 Weeks Out

I have my waist back and look much better in my clothes because of that. My jeans still fit the sames as before but with no muffin top. I have hardness and lumps in abdominal area. I continue to swimming daily, message and do Epsom salt compresses plus still wearing CG 24/7. I am getting tried of it all and ready to throw the towel in with all of it except the exercise. Did I mention that the side view looks four months pregnant?

See Day 18

I would post pictures but still looks like day 18, no change six weeks later.

What is this?

I am 11 weeks out and I still have this spot about two inches from the back on the left side that feel like a burn every time somethings a little snug rubs across it. It will wake me up at night. My abdominal area is still hard. I have my three month check up as soon as I get home from vacation

Should say left side of navel.

Darn autocorrect!

New clinchers, corset, and clothes

I have just received two new waist chinchers in small, they give great support and oh so comfortable. The corset really makes the waist look fantastic and also very comfortable. Last month I had bought a pair of black skinny slacks but could not get them zipped so I threw them in the closet. Yesterday I took them out thinking they were a different pair but low and behold as I was putting them on I realized which pair they were. I could not believe that they zipped and fit perfectly. Was I one happy camper. Things are starting to settle in.

3 Month update

Where do I start? I do look good in my clothes but in the flesh it is a different story. I have lumps and bumps plus a hard abdominal area. I am wearing my CG 24/7, exercise, self message, and lympatic message. Here are the pictures. Decide for yourself.

new daily routine

I have started following routine three times a day. Hand massage for 15minutes, wash abdominal area and apply electronic pulse leads and do massaging for 30 minutes. I then put on CG, waist chincer pulled down to cover entire abdominal for excellent support. I add a foam strip at the waist to keep from getting ridges. I got the electronic pulse massager on Amazon for less than $50. I got the Cinches on eBay for $5.00. I bought several of cinches so I could change each day. I bought mine in small and since I can sew I can alter as need be. The chinches were very good quality for the price. I hope this routine will help with problems I have encountered.

Electronic Pulse Box

Sorry this did not post

Mistake

The binders were $15, not $5. Sorry about my mistake.

Three month check tomorrow

After tomorrow checkup I will post and put up pictures also. It is an hour and a half drive to south side of Denver. It is to be rain and possible snow tomorrow. Not looking forward to it.

I have been doing the aggressive massage with the electric vibrating massager for a week now. I think I can see softening of the abdomen and also some of the lumps seem to be going away. Furthermore I think I can see the stomach flattening. I will let u know what the doctor says after tomorrow's appointment.

Three month check

I had my three month check and the issues I have been having have started resolving. It was agreed that we would wait until the six month check before any further decision would b made about corrective measures. I was told I no longer needed to wear CG unless I wanted. I think I will continue wearing binder. I am posting pictures. I think the spots are caused by a window behind me reflecting off mirror. I think you can get the idea. I have loss more than 3"

more photo and correction.

I have lost 4" off waist from pre-op measurement. Not 3". I have lost the same from hips. I like the gentle curves I got from the surgery. I did not want such a extreme that I looked
Sono Bello

Dr. Sevigne will be the doctor performing the procedure. He is board certified.

You look SO GREAT! Gosh I pray I have the same results in 2 to 3 months!! I am just 4 days out and today was my worst just not feeling well. Can I ask a question did you do a breast reduction also. I am interested because as soon as he will permit it I am replacing my Way to big implants with SMALLER ones! Anyway you look Great:)
Hey girl! You look great. It appears as if the uneven surface you had in the April 1st photos have disappeared! Would you attribute this to the use of the ESTIM machine? I agree that you should still stick with your binder (I'm still using mine all day and night). It's so funny that we had our procedures around the same time and I'm always looking forward to your updates. It's been an interesting journey :-) Anyway, you said that the dr suggested you wait till your 6mth appt. before making any corrections. Is he considering extracting more fat to "even-out" the surface of your abs, or add more? Oh, and yes, your curves are awesome. Happy to know that you're doing fine. Stay blessed my friend! :-)))
I think he was thinking the velashape, if that is not invasive. There is still some unevenness and hardness but it has subsided greatly. He did say to continue massaging 10-15 minutes twice a day. I really am not want to do another smartlipo. Have u been updating, I do not remember seeing one.
Okay. Vela shape is non invasive. I haven't posted since the 3rd, but will be posting tomorrow. Have a blessed night and congrats on your awesome results :-)
Thx and same to you.
That's great news!
Thank you so very much to keep posting 3 months out it really helps people like me close to your age to know different things that may be ahead! I pray the appt goes well, Stay warm:)
I hope the weather is good and appointment goes well. Thanks.
I am looking forward to hearing how this new regimen turns out for you. Nice to know that your feeling good and still looking great :-)
Please let us know how this goes! I am Very interested since we are in the same age group! You really do look good!!!:)
I am sitting here now letting the little unit do its thing. It feels great. I will be ordering some more pads for it since I will be using three times a day. I read that this had worked for others so I thought what the heck give it a try, especially for the money.
Thanks Callee, I really appreciate you saying that
Hey CaliforniaMaiden, I saw your pictures (you look great) and then read your comment (and you don't sound pleased. Okay... First things first. You do look great :-) I had to repeat that. Secondly, you mentioned in your comment that your still have lumps and bumps and an hard abdominal area. I'm sorry that you're having these :-( Are you still massaging yourself hard? What I mean is when you use the electric massager, do you stay on the lumpy area and push down in very tiny circular motion for a couple of minutes at a time? That's what I had to do. This should hopefully "breakdown" the lumps/hardness that you feel. I'm not going to conclude that it's scar tissue. But this for of massaging should help breakdown/smoothen the area. You will have to do this for up to 10-15 (hope you have the time) 2-3 times a day. If you're working, do it in the morning, when you get back from work and before going to bed. The electric massager really helps. Also, are you wearing something under your CG before wearing your corset? I see that in your pictures, but is the clothing thin? I know that it can be discouraging seeing unevenness, but personally, I think it means that you have to figure out what can you wear under your corset that will give you an "even" appearance when you take it off. For instance, I just went back in your blog and back in January you said that you felt better (and by your pictures) in the squeem than in your CG. That said, see what you look like now if you swap the two. The purpose of the corset I to help with your lower abs like me. So it doesn't have to be tight all through your abs only on the lower part. I hope I'm making sense to you. If not, send me a pvt message and we'll talk. Don't stress my sister :-) See what happens and keep us posted. Others may have a better suggestion, but don't stress. Okay :-) You do look hot though :-))))))
I wear the CG and then cincher or corset. I had been messaging until about a week ago then got discouraged and quit. I have ordered a vibrating messaged with heat and hope that helps. It is less than wonderful when you pay out good money and the abdominal area looks worse than before. I am hoping that when I see the doctor for the three month that he can make some recommendations. Thanks for your input.
So helpful, encouraging, and informative! Thank you. Following your journey :-)
Glad you're starting to like your progress. I've only done 1 lymphatic massage. I started massaging my own stomach and doing the breathing exercises she taught me. Saves money.
At this point I would say I am about 60% happy. I still have hardness in the abdominal area. I plan on buying a good vibrating messager with heat to see if that helps.
Hi since you and I are the same age I was wondering if you think that I will be able to travel to Ireland for 10 days 8 weeks after the same surgery you had except adding thighs?I know I will have to wear a "body" Spanx but thankfully it gets to only 65 or so. Anyway I would love to get your thoughts and by the way I PRAY I look as great as you April 14th :)
I flew home 10 days after surgery but it was only 2 1/2 hour flight. But I felt great 2 days after the procedure. I understand that the thighs may b harder to recover from. By two months I was swimming and exercising an hour a day 5-7 days aweek with no problem. The only problem I have is the hardness in the abdonminal
Calle, please keep me update on your progress. Have u had surgery yet?
Just checked and seen you just had surgery. You already look good. Congrats!
You have serious curves! Nice!!
Be patient. I notice my profile view looks a bit larger than before. I took my CG off for a wedding this weekend (I figured I'd treat myself since I've been religious about keeping it on 24/7 since my OP) and holy moly the first thing to swell was my stomach in the front (where I DIDN'T get lipo). Just be patient is what I keep being told. Best of wishes!
I know but it is so hard since we all go in with high expectations. Bottom line is that I could live with the improvement I have but I had hoped for a flat tummy and so far that has not happened. Thanks for the encouragement.
Thank you for posting! It is nice to see how well you look in your clothes!! Because at 54 if I can just look really good in my clothes and be able to wear skinny jeans that is all I am looking for! Let us know about the massages:)