Horrible-do NOT Do Fraxel! - Phoenix, AZ

I chose fraxel for a few fine lines & I heard...

I chose fraxel for a few fine lines & I heard about it stimulating collagen. I'm 15 months post one fraxel treatment. I have loss fat under both my eyes leaving hollows, my cheeks are sunken, developed significant hyperpigmentation where I had none previously. My face looks like I've aged 10-15 years. I'm depressed, now on medication. I'm looking at appx $16,000.00 is reconstructive facial surgery to replace fat under my eyes, in my cheeks along with dealing with huge pores that I didn't have before & trying to reverse this hyperpigmentation. My skin is orange peel in appearance, dry, more wrinkles than I ever had. My 48th birthday approaching & I look 60, looked 35 a year ago.

Do you have a before and after photo?
how does eMatrix or sublative rejuvenation compare to fraxel?

I know....trust me, I know.  My face collasped at 7 weeks and overnight.  The first 12 months were the hardest for me.  During that time, there were so many changes that I didn't know what to expect from day to day.  After 9 months, things settled down and I could see improvement.  I have improved greatly (80%) but not to the extent of being my old self.  I am actually a few years younger than you.  I never thought I would consider a facelift.  I thought I could have laser treatments as a prevention not a cause.  Are you using any products?  It is difficult in the summer but I really love Obagi or Lancer's line.  Both have given good results to others on here.  On a positive note, I think you are at an optimal time to have a facelift.  All of the "top" docs say have it earlier and be done.   That is my plan if I ever get the courage up to do it.

Please update how your consult goes.  Do you have someone near?  I had to fly several thousand miles to visit 2 doctors.  I plan on seeing another in September which is 900 miles from me.  I have done m homework and feel good about my narrowed choices.

I'm so sorry.  I have been on Realself since my experience a couple of years ago.  I have corresponded with a few ladies on here you have had facelifts or fat graphs to correct Fraxel damage.  Thank you for sharing your experience.  Which Fraxel did you have?

I am considering a SMAS facelift, lower bleph with fat to the cheeks.  Sounds as though we have similar damage.  The hyperpigmentation will fade but it is very slow.

Interestingly, I saw a top surgeon as well who was not surprise one bit that my damage was caused by Fraxel.  Pictures do speak volumes!!

I'm trying to cope the best I can, and when I actually
viewed my before & after photos is when I broke down.
I just had a standard fraxel tx-just one to cause this amt
of damage. I've always taken care of myself, my skin & in a
one hour session-destroyed it. I thought about pursuing legal
action. I'm hopeful for correction, my entire face
has literally collapsed & deflated..
Thank you for your post, appt with top plastic surgeon
on Aug 9th. People don't understand the potentially
devastating effects of a laser beam, especially
utilized on the delicate face. My pictures say it all.

Thank you for posting your review.  I am very sorry for how this has turned out for you.

I hope you are able to correct this in the near future.  Hang in there and let us know how everything goes with the corrective surgery.