54 Years Old and Have Always Wanted Larger Breasts - Phoenix, AZ

Growing up I always had small breasts. One comment...

Growing up I always had small breasts. One comment that has always stuck with me was from a friend in high school, "all that ham and no eggs".

I am now 54 years old, 5'3" tall and weigh 140 lbs. My ideal weight is somewhere around 120 lbs but that's another story. Since I have put on weight over the last few years, my breast size has increased a bit, but still not as large as I'd like to be. I have also decided to work with a personal trainer to get my athletic body back. I am normally a very fit person, but I think menopause might be part of the weight change and previous lack of motivation. I know I won't be able to work out for a while, so we'll see how scheduling plays into my plan.

I'm at a point in my life where I am financially able to move forward. I also feel that if it is something I am really going to do, I better get busy. I've gone back and forth over the last few months wondering if I'm too old although I'm very fortunate in that I don't look my age at all. When I was dating my husband, I made a comment one day about a boob job. His comment said "hell ya". Now that we are married, it's "I couldn't love you any more with bigger boobs". Just a side note, we have been together since 2010 and married for just over a year. He is totally supportive either way, he wants me to do what I want to do. That being said, I'm sure there is a part of him that looks forward to it as much as I do. He is a man, after all.

I scoured the internet, gathering as much information as I could. It seemed as though one doctor constantly stood out. His name is Dr. Aldo Guerra here in Phoenix. I made the call and have my initial consultation scheduled for August 1st. I've got some ideas in mind, but am also open to his suggestions. I want a rather natural look, but don't care if it's obvious I've had an augmentation. Someone made the comment that I need to get "age appropriate boobs, since I'm not 20 anymore". I'll make that decision with my PS.

So I'm hoping to get some feedback on the age issue. I have been able to find a few before and afters, but not many. Is 54 too old?

54 is definatly not to old. Im 47 and just had a tummy tuck and breast lift with augmentation on june 25 with Dr Aldo Guerra. There is not another doctor in town that will do as good as job as he will. He is top notch and i couldnt be happier with the results. Only 1 month and my scars look like pencil marks. He is so nice and a master at his art. Your never to old to make yourself happy. I had extensive work done at one time and I dont regret my decision at all and owe it all to the doctor i picked. You will not be disappointed with Dr Guerra he is the only doctor i will ever let do any work on me. He has truly changed my life for the better. So go for it you wont regret it. Wish you the best of luck, it will all go great.
Thanks for sharing your experience with me. My consultation is tomorrow and I'm really excited, a bit nervous too! I researched several doctors online and Dr Guerra has the most consistent number of satisfied patients. Hearing from someone who actually was a patient is very reassuring. I'll post again tomorrow after we meet!
Hi, I am also in Az and came upon your post. My sister went to Dr Corey in Scottsdale. She is a nurse and was referred to him by a few friends. She also consulted with 2 other surgeons, but went with him. He did a really great job and she is so happy. I just thought I would share the info. Also, 54 years is not old, so do what makes YOU happy. Good luck to you!

Surgery is scheduled

I had my consultation with Dr Guerra and immediately felt comfortable. After discussing the procedure and end results I decided to schedule. Surgery is on August 21st.

I had my preop done last Friday. After trying out different sizes I decided on 450cc Mentor gummies. Dr Guerra also recommended liposuction to remove sleavage and I agreed.

My husband and I are going to Kauai September 19th. Dr Guerra's staff was very helpful in getting everything in order so that surgery and initial post op visits were completed prior to our trip.

Now the hard part is going to be getting through the next few days. I'm also a bit anxious about introducing my new look to friends, not sure what that is about.

Whomever made that comment about age-appropriate boobs......I'm not sure what that is supposed to mean, lol! I'm 57 and I already have age appropriate boobs, hahah, that's why I want a BA! Well actually I am super small and I did breast feed a baby for 2 years (30 yrs ago). I want young, pretty, big boobs. Yes I'm 57 and that may seem old to some but I say, why not? I can't wait to see how your surgery goes!! I'm in the very scared beginning stages and not in an area with a lot of plastic surgeons....Thinking of doing it in October
Hi Older Gal, it was actually my husband's ex-wife. I suppose I should consider the source
Hahaha, ohhhh the dreaded ex-wife......Eat your heart out missy!!! lol!

One more day!

Well, I've got one more day to go. Surgery is tomorrow at noon, I've got to be at the surgicenter at 10:30. I really hope that they aren't running behind.

I started washing with Hibiscus yesterday. I've got my medications, cookies and lots of pillows. Sleeping might be interesting, I always sleep on my belly. I just realized I forgot frozen peas, I've got some errands to run later so I will get them then. There are a couple of loads of laundry to do and some final house cleaning. I'm fortunate enough to work from home. We own our own business and I've got a bit of office work to do as well. I also sell Gold Canyon Candles and we have a team meeting tonight. All of these things should keep me plenty busy.

I've shared my plans with only a few people. Yesterday I told my mom and daughter (she's 29) and they were both really supportive and excited for me. I'm really excited too, still a bit nervous though. I like to think I have a pretty high pain tolerance, we'll see...

Well, time to get busy!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Correction

I don't have cookies, darned auto correct! I have Coobies, got them from Dr Guerra's office. Decided to use them instead of sports bras.

Hahahh, cookies..... What are coobies? I'll google that.
I'm excited for you!! I have scheduled my first consult for this coming Tuesday. Hubby is coming with me. My prayers go out to you for a good surgery, quick recovery and fabulous boob outcome. Hugs!! Write soon to let us know how you are doing!!
Thanks so much. I'm really excited for you! Once I had my consultation, I knew I wanted to go ahead. I also knew Dr Guerra was the PA I wanted for my surgery. The hard part has been the waiting. Today's the day though...whew I made it! I'll check in later, thanks again.

It's Here!

It felt like the day would never get here. I'm nervous. I've had surgeries before, but they were necessary. Little thoughts keep creeping in, i.e. are you sure about this? I have wanted this as far back as I can remember. I think it's just nerves.

I'm taking a nice hot bath, relaxing. Thinking positive, calming thoughts. We are leaving in about 1 1/2 hours, 10:30 arrival, noon surgery.

I'll check in later with an update.

Good Luck!! Everything will be fine. Dr Guerra will take very good care of you and just so you know i have worked in the medical field for 22 years now and you are the BEST surgery center in the valley. Green baum is top notch and all the same nurses and doctors work at Osborn hospital. So you are in the best hands you can be. You will do great and will be so happy you did this for yourself. Just relax and have them take care of you and you will do just fine. So happy for you!!!

Oh my

Well, it's post op day 2. I can only compare the pain to child birth. Definitely the most uncomfortable so far. Had been taking one of my pain pills every four, instructions say 1-2. Went ahead and took a second and have a lot more relief. It's very hard for me to be still and have down time. I think about all of the things I need to be doing.

On another note, they look great. Still really swollen but it's wonderful to know that I'll have beautiful breasts without any help from Victoria's Secret. Lots of abdominal swelling too. It's only temporary though. Doing my walking, deep breathing and ice.

Will update with photos after my shower this afternoon.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Post op day 3

Went to dinner with friends last. It went well and 2 out of the 3 knew I had surgery. It definitely felt good to get back home and use ice though.

Today is definitely less uncomfortable. Feel really tired. Have beek using stool softeners but no BMW since before surgery. Going to send hubby to get actual laxatives.

Attaching a couple of pics. Still pretty swollen. First follow up is tomorrow afternoon and I'll get my breast band. That should help move them down a bit.

Congrats! You look great! I used Dr. Guerra for my surgery too and I love him! Good luck on your recovery.
Hi, good luck with your recovery, There going to look great on you. I had my revision on 19th, I have bruising and swelling, but it eases everyday, I am 49 and had 615cc extra high profile anatomical implants.

Emotional

Post op day 6. Feeling a little under the weather today. No temp though. I'm also very emotional, it's like I just want to cry. Maybe the toll of all the physical changes, I don't know. I have got to say, even though surgery and recovery are as they should be, I was not prepared for the amount of pain I have experienced. I'm really tired of hurting and just tired in general. Can't wait to get back to my old self.

It does gets better, Promise. I am post op day 9, days 1-5 were great, days 6-8 not so good, stiff, tender, incision site is a little sore, and I would kill for a good night sleep. today I woke up feeling fine, so I will go shopping and make the most of it, I expect to have good days and not so good days for the next 3 to 4wks, I have to wear my surgical bra for 6weeks, so I wont be real happy until I can take that off. Hope you feel better soon.
Im so glad your surgery went well. You are only 6 days po give yourself time to heal and feel better. I know what you mean we are never prepared for as much pain as we will go through. Its probably best that we dont know what were in for after sugery. It is alot of pain but believe me it will pass and you will be happy when its all healed. I cried almost everyday for a couple weeks. I did have a tt and breast lift and lipo all at the same time. I would cry for no reason at all i couldnt explain why i was so emotional for weeks. I really think the body is in shock and the anesthia is leaving our body and makes us feel like were loosing our minds. Its just all a part of the healing process and your not loosing your mind its completly normal. Im 9 weeks po today actually and am feeling so much better like myself again i havnt cried in weeks. So I promise all of this is normal and will pass. So just cry it out and know in a couple weeks it will all be fine!!!

Feeling better

So it's post op day 8 and I'm starting to feel so much better. I work from home and was actually able to spend some time at the desk yesterday. Also did some laundry and a little tidying up around the house.

Yesterday, I also HAD to try on some of my old shirts. Wow, I know there is still a lot of swelling going on but some of them were amazingly filled out. We are going to Kauai in about 3 weeks and I will definitely need new bathing suits, the old ones don't cover much at all, oh darn!

I feel like they are still high though. I have been wearing my breast band and doing my massage. I have my second follow up this afternoon, so I'll see what the doc says.

I looked to see how big you went? Under or over muscle? I'm post op day 8 today and they're still high as well. How are you feeling otherwise? And trust me I know the weight gain thing all too well. Keep at it! And btw....I'm jealous you are off to the beach soon!
HI Cebrie, I went with 450cc Mentor gummies, under the muscle. I'm 12 days post op now and am seeing a lot more change. I've read about drop and fluff a lot, looking forward to the time it happens for me! My husband commeneed last night that they aren't as high, it's good to hear it from someone else. I am really looking forward to beach time and really hoping things settle so that my I fill out my new bathing suit (still need to get a couple, again with the waiting. ..ugh!)
That's a good size. The waiting is the killer...I relate to it so well. Take lots of pics even if only for u and of course your hubby ...but only then u will see and notice changes...I take them daily even if I don't post them!
Scottsdale Plastic Surgeon