Face and Neck Lift Expensive but Worth It - Phoenix, AZ

I had a face and neck lift done five years ago at...

I had a face and neck lift done five years ago at age 54. I was starting to get jowls, and my neck was developing a small wattle. I did a lot of research before the procedure and had consultations with several doctors. I avoided the doctors who were pushing procedures beyond what I was interested in.

One even took my face and squeezed it into an ugly positon and said that if I didn't include a brow lift, this was what I had to look forward to! I can tell you five years later, he was wrong. I went with the doctor who had a good record when I checked him out with our state regulating agency online, whose attitude I liked, and who had a lot of experience. He was the head of plastic surgery at a local hospital. He was rated highly by his peers in a local magazine.

Overall, I recovered from the surgery faster than expected. The incisions behind the ears took the longest to heal, but they were easily hidden. The tightness in the neck where it joins the jaw bone took some getting used to. In fact, I can still feel  it five years later but it no longer bothers me. I was out in public with makeup five days after the surgery.

As for the results, I was pleased overall. I looked natural but everything was a little tighter. If I had it to do again, I would have asked him to tighten the skin in the middle of my neck right under my chin a little more.

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

He gave a natural result, had good follow-up care.