36yr Old Mom of 3 - Tummy Tuck W/ Lipo - April 9th

I am a 36yr old Mom of 3girls, 16yrs, 14yrs &...

I am a 36yr old Mom of 3girls, 16yrs, 14yrs & 8yrs. I was 100lbs when I got pregnant at 19yrs & gainded 70lbs. Unfortunately I never got my pre-pregnancy body back. I am 5'4" & 130lbs & I work out 3-4 days a wk & run 6miles 3-4 times a wk & no matter what I do I can't loose my belly, excess skin & stretch marks.

I am finally at a stage in my life where I have a little extra money & my kids are old enough that they don't need my constant attention. So, after much debate my husband & I finally decided to go for the TT w/ lipo that I have dreamed of for yrs.

I had 5 consultations w/ 5 different PS Drs & picked the one I felt was most knowledgable & who made me feel the most at ease. I am scheduled for April 9th (only 3wks away). I am scared to death. I can't decied if I am more nervous or excited? What if something goes wrong? What if I am not happy w/ results? What if the pain is unbearable?

I enjoyed reading everybody's posts & learned alot about what to expect. I'm sure everything will be just fine, I am just soooo nervous!! I will post pre-op pics soon.

Ok, this is where I am at. The surgery is bought...

Ok, this is where I am at. The surgery is bought & paid for. The pre-testing is done. With less then 2wks untill my TT surgery, it is all I can think about. I've started preparing my house for my recovery. I started the mulit vitamin & the vitamin C. Per my Dr's orders I've started washing w/ an anitbacterial soap & I've cut out certain foods that might prevent clotting.

I am soooo excited, reallllly nervous & everyday is an emotional roller coaster. I hate the waiting that I have to endire now. I just want to get it over with.

But aside from that, here's my problem . . . Aside from my husband, no one wants to talk about my upcoming surgery. My friends & family avoid the topic & change the subject every time I bring it up. I'm a little hurt by this bc it is such a life changing experience for me & something I have waited a long time for (16yrs). Why can't they just be happy for me?

I think part of the problem is that I've hid my stomach so well for years that they are thinking I'm a little crazy to put myself through this. Only my husband really knows what I look like behind my strategiclally placed clothes. I'm actually so embaressed by my gross stomach w/ its stretch marks & loose skin, that I have even postponed posting my pictures on this website. Which is silly bc we are all in the same boat right?

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone is having these same problems & how are they dealing w/ it?

TODAY IS THE DAY!! I am getting ready to leave for...

TODAY IS THE DAY!! I am getting ready to leave for hopsital soon. It is 6:30AM & my surgery is scheduled for 9AM. I just wanted to post my pics before I leave. I am nervous but I think I am more excited then anything. I am ready to do this!! Next time I post, I will have a brand new tummy!!!

I did it!! I am 4 days post op. I have to say it...

I did it!! I am 4 days post op. I have to say it was not as bad as i had expected. ON a scale of 1-10 the pain was never more then a 5. Every day gets better and a little easier. I am just so week & tired but not really in pain. I have stopped the pain meds. I took the pain pump out yesterday. ANd I took the binder off yesterday for the 1st time but it made me so dizzy, I had to put it right back on. My hubby took pics while it was off an I was a little concerned of the look of the belly button. It almost looked like a baby's belly button after its born, minus the umbilical cord, lol. I thought it was susposed to be more red & w/ dried up blood??? ANy comments? I can't really get the full affect of what the result are w/ the swelling & all but the scar is pretty low which is omething I was worried about. And he did lipo on my thighs which look great & minimum swelling & bruising.

Anyway I plan on taking shower later today bc I think I am starting to smell since I have not had shower since Fri morn. Will post pics when I am feeling better.

Today is 1wk since surgery. And I feel pretty damn...

Today is 1wk since surgery. And I feel pretty damn good. Sleeping in my bed now. Getting stronger everyday. Doing little things like dressing myself & loading the dishwasher feel like big accomplishments. Baby steps, right? I'm almost able to stand up completely straight.

Today I go for my post op app & get drain taken out! Praise the Lord, I hate that thing.

All in all, I have to say, it wasn't that bad. The pain was very minor & the reward was so worth it. I have yet to experience the dpression some people have. My spirits have been high since day one!! A bit bored but not depressed.

I just can't wait for all the bruising & swelling to go down so I can see my new tummy in all its glory!! The scar is a little higher then I would have liked but still I would do it again in a heartbeat. Plus I'm thinking when the swelling goes down, the scar will move down a little bit too. A girl can dream right?

10days Post op!! I am going back to work today....

10days Post op!! I am going back to work today. UGGHHH, but seriously I am kind of happy to go back to work bc I have been bored to tears at home all wk.

I had the drain removed 3days ago at my 1wk post op visit & I think that was the worst part of the whole thing. I can't believe that huge long drain was in my stomach for a wk. I was glad to be rid of that thing. Anyway, my Dr. gave me the ok to start walking 30-45mins a day. Which I have been doing & it feels great to be doing some form of exercise.

After the drain came out I started to get some serious swelling but after calling my Dr he said that is normal bc all the fluid that was going into the drain isn't anymore. He sadi to give it some time & the swelling will go away. As long as there are no signs of infection, fever, puss, redness, achy, hot to the touch, I am good w/ a little swelling. I will post my "Swell Hell" pics later. Is anyone else having this swelling after drain coming out problem?

He also told me the scar line that I thought was a little high, will move down as the swelling goes down & everything gets tigher & firmer.

My neighbor is also a nurse & has been checking on my progress, she says I'm doing great. The swelling is normal & the scar line will go down as promised. I lucked out having a nurse neighbor!!

And that yucky yellow thing fell of my bellybutton & it looks good.

Ok, my first day back to work was harder then I...

Ok, my first day back to work was harder then I thought it would be. I had to leave early. Back to work again today, hopefully today it will be a little eaisier. I wasn't in any pain it was just very tiring (and I had some back pain from sitting in a chair most of the day). I was ready for bed by 7PM.

Today I go back to my PS to get the stage 2 garment. The size med he gave me at my post op visit is too small due to swelling.

WHEN DOES THE SWELLING STOP!!!! None of my clothes fit me bc of swelling & bulky binder. I'm actually wearing my "fat" work clothes. Oh well, I just have to hang in there bc in a few weeks I know I will look super great!!!

And I have a terrible rash on my inner thighs where he did some lipo. Not painful just a little itchy. I have to ask him about that today.

I am exactly 2wks post op today. I have so...

I am exactly 2wks post op today.

I have so much swelling it is so uncomfortable. And there is more swelling on one side then the other. SO I called my Dr this morn & he said to come in & he will look at it. I hope I don't have a seroma. HAs any one had a seroma, can you tell me your experience. I pray to God that is not what it is & hopefully it is just normal swelling & I am being paronoid.

I haven't posted pics in awhile bc I am jus too swollen &it is uncomfortable when I don't have my binder on.

say a prayer for me & I will keep you posted.

Went to Dr on Fri & he said I had a seroma but...

Went to Dr on Fri & he said I had a seroma but when he went to drain it, no fluid came out???? He said that's ok, it will go away on its own, my body will absorb it. But everything I have read about seromas on this website, there is no real way to get rid of seromas w/out draining them?? So I am a litlle confused. Has anybody had this promblem?

I also realized that I swell a lot when I eat salads, go figure. So, I am staying away from salads for awhile.

I just posted my 2wks post op pics. Does this seem...

I just posted my 2wks post op pics. Does this seem like a normal amount of sweeling for 2wks? Now keep in mind these are morning pics & I am always more swollen in the evening.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

After having 5 consultations, he seemed most knowledgable & put me most at ease.