Thinking of Getting Breast Reduction Surgery - Philadelphia

I am 29 years old, 5'5 128lbs and a 32/34DDD/E. I...

I am 29 years old, 5'5 128lbs and a 32/34DDD/E. I have been contemplating breast reduction surgery for years now. I was trying to wait till after I had children because I am afraid having kids after the surgery will just ruin it. However I am getting older now and I am just sick of the back and neck aches, and just want it done at this point. I am also extremely scared of the scars! I have made phone calls to Dr. Ted EIsenburg here is Philadelphia, PA, I just want to at least go for a consultation. I feel like I keep getting brushed off though. They said before I even bother coming in I would need a letter from my family dr stating I have been having problems for years and been prescribed pain meds or muscle relaxers over the years, and that I would also need letters from two different bone dr stating it is causing me back problems and I would have to exhaust the means of a chiropractor and pysical therapy stating that neither of those worked to help my back or neck problems. All of this so that my medical could cover it. Over the years I have been prescribed muscle relaxers for my back and I have had an X-ray of my back that showed my spine was curved from the weight of my breast after all these years. I have the marks on my shoulders from my bra straps and everything, I feel like this should be enough at this point! Any advice from anyone who has had the surgery? Are you happy with the results? Did your medical cover it and did you have to jump through hoops to get it to cover it? Are your scars really bad? Sorry for the long post I am just super scared and have so many questions!

Thanks so much for the advice! I am going to look into more plastic surgeons and reviews in my area and see what I can find. I am also going to try therapy and messages for a few months and see if that helps any in the mean time. Hopefully I can find a good ps and everything and get this done within the year!

Being nervous is normal. There are certain criteria that have to bet met for your insurance to cover it. If you don't like how you are being treated by this PS would you consider another? I did get an earlier consultation once my doctor's office called for it. I think the PS thinks you are more serious rather than just curious. I took a letter from my family doctor, my mammogram report that stated that my heavy breasts made it difficult to interpret, and a letter from another doctor that I had seen before. I was worried because I didn't have a ton of documentation talking specifically about my breasts, but my doctors did a great job with their letters. I did not see any bone doctors. And in my history I just stated that I took Ibuprofen 800mg at least 3 times a day, which cause upset stomach, but that I was unwilling to take narcotics because of my unwillingness to become addicted. I said I had tried yoga and stretching without relief, and that any additional activities were significantly impacted by my breast size. I also said that massages were ineffective in helping to relax the muscles. This along with the pictures and the PSs paperwork was all submitted. Each insurance company is different and has different requirements, so I can't say this will work for you, but if you use absolutely you can think of to make your situation sound as miserable as you can (and that's not saying you aren't miserable enough!) then you stand a better chance. Good luck!
Dr. Ted Eisenburg

A couple of my friends had breast augmentations and one friend had a breast lift and their results were great and very natural. Also here commercials on the radio all the time for him! Lol