I May Never Wear Jeans or a Bikini Again - Philadelphia

I think if I had really, truly known, what this...

I think if I had really, truly known, what this experience would be like, I would have thought twice. Or saved even more for a real tummy tuck.

I have had two kids, and my last baby weighed over 10lbs at birth, so my stomach had been really big with him. I lost the weight but still wanted a flat stomach. I wanted to be able to sit without a roll.

I was skeptical... how I would be wrinkle free (I knew stretch marks wouldn't really go away and was ok with that). But my Dr said I was a "perfect candidate" (who isn't...) and yes I would be in a bikini again this summer.

I had my Smart Lipo on my stomach April 19, 2012. The experience was awkward, and the recovery, especially the first few days was brutal. I don't care what anyone says, there's no way I could have immediately gone back to my normal duties a few days later.

My Dr must be super cautious because not only did I have to wear a compression garment, I had to wear 2 layers of foam on top of that, a layer or neoprene on top of that and then the binder holding it all together. FOR 3 WEEKS. I was only allowed to be out of it for about 20 minutes a day. I had to buy sweatpants and tshirts to hide the layers because I didn't want anyone but my husband to know what I did. I looked pregnant.

I looked pretty good when it was off. My stomach was even concave. But now I'm thinking that could have been from so much compression. At at time my only concern was my belly button. All that extra skin I was worried about had flattened out, but so much so that my belly button looked like either, Patrick Star from spongebob or the Danskin Symbol. It came out to five points. WTH?! Dr said with massage that would come out. It hasn't.

My concerns now are, my stomach is basically a big sheet of playdoh. If I wear jeans, or anything with a button really, it leaves a dent and mark in my stomach. If I wear stretch pants, I have to keep them loooowww to avoid that, but then I get loose skin wrinkling over that. Seat belts dent my stomach, if I sit and pants ride up, that makes a mark too.

There is NO WAY I can wear a bikini, there are so many wrinkles and random bumps from throughout the day.

Every single night, I have to "reset" my stomach. I have my husband wrap me back up in the 2 layers of foam, layer of neoprene and the binder. Just to freakin flatten it out again for the next day. It's SO frustrating!!! When I take it off in the morning it looks pretty good again, only to have my day and outfit "undo" it. I go to the gym and I try to take care of myself. I don't see how this will ever correct itself.

I am pretty upset. I hate to complain to my husband, because of the money he paid for it and he was also skeptical from the beginning too. Yes I lost 7 pounds, yes, I look pretty good dressed in clothes, but I don't know if it was worth it. :(

Hi Elsea. I also have the star belly button! I'm about 3 weeks post op. I'm concerned about my wrinkling. How do you look now? Your most recent pic looks great. Please give me (us) updates! :)
Hi, just saw these posts. I had the same dr as well I believe. I had mine abs done july 19th. I am really sore and very very worried that I will never feel normal again. I was just wondering how you are progressing now? Any better? Is there a light at the end of the tunnel? Or is it an oncoming train? Thanks!
Hi, I'm sorry, I was on vacation in August and then got busy with everyone starting school.

To answer your questions, my tingly, numb feeling in my belly finally went away. My stomach still gets "dents" when I wear certain things. For instance, I wore a lot of jumpers over the summer, and the elastic in the middle would go right across my belly button. I'd have an indentation there and then a lump on top and bottom. I am STILL wrapping myself up at night when I want to flatten myself out. But it's not often. And I do have scars and dark spots from the incisions. They haven't gone away. My belly button is still misshapen, but no longer like a starfish, now it more resembles a pout ---> (

So, how about you? I'd love to know how you're doing!
Dr. Daniel Francis, Monarch MedSpa

I am happy with the entire staff at Monarch MedSpa. They were all, and still are very friendly and helpful. I do however, feel like they just wanted to get me in the door by saying I would benefit from this procedure. I usually felt rushed with the Dr, but when I needed questions answered, he would call me immediately or text me, and that I appreciated.