Yup, Painful but It's over Quick - Philadelphia, PA

I'm 49 and am very unhappy with the...

I'm 49 and am very unhappy with the "turkey wattle" starting under my neck but didn't want a mini-facelift. Had the procedure this morning and was VERY nervous because of all the reviews on here about pain. I had one percocet and a shot in the arm, plus took my own Xanax for nerves. The procedure felt like pinpricks and it wasn't pleasant, but not unbearable either. The intensity only lasts a few seconds in each area, then stops til the next 'pass'. Dr. Pontell injected lidocaine in my forehead so that didn't hurt at all. I'm looking forward to seeing results - if I do I'd definitely do it again. I'd probably request a numbing cream next time, which my friend from CA had and her experience was easier.

Hi Sue, You are one year out. Would you do it again? Did you get good results that have lasted? Thanks!

That's really good to know.  I have heard Ultherapy is painful and I think it is important for your doctor to recognize this and really make sure you are nice and numb.  Sue's review seems to explain well how Dr. Pontell did that.  I don't think Advil is enough to make you feel comfortable during the procedure.  a1959 that's great that you really can see the difference at a month out!

One month later - skin looks great and cheeks and mid face definately feels kinda thicker and looks firmer - skin tone looks great - have gotten compliments on how great my skin is and it looks like I ahve makeup on even after I wash it off - however....so far this has not helped at all the area below the nasolabial lines/marionette area - likely because the treatment doesn't cover that area - seeing the doc next week and see what he thinks - even if i need filler the improvement I have seen so far with the general tone of the rest of my face is very satisfying and I would still do it again knowing what I know now.
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon