The Long Road Ahead...- Philadelphia, PA

I am gearing up for my procedure on Monday, July...

I am gearing up for my procedure on Monday, July 7th. At first I was excited about it thinking of what I would do as a coverup, but after settling back down to reality and speaking to numerous doctors and people I now realize that I have a very long road ahead of me. One thing I lack is patience. I'm impulsive about everything although I'd like to think I wasent about this tattoo I'm have lasered. I have 8 tattoos including the one scheduled to start laser. I love 90% of them the the one that stands out the most of course is the one I hate the most. I know I will beat myself up in the head over this because I think to myself but i did all my research, I checked out the studio, it was clean and they had all their certificates clearly posted and up to date. Hell their studio was cleaner then 90% of the hospitals out there. My artist had more then 7 years experience and I looked through his portfolio. He wasent the male version of Kat Von Dee or Ami James but his work was good, some were better then others but I had a consult, we talked about what I wanted, showed him pictures, etc. Anyway I could rant on and on, but what's done is done. I just know that I am giving myself anxiety over this first procedure and the rest to come. I hope that by posting my experiences I can help someone else like the blogs on here have helped me decide on going through with starting the procedure.

Here are some pictures of my sleeve that I'll be hoping to lighten enough to do a cover up

1st session done

OMG the pain is the WORST ever!! I'm glad I survived but it sucks. I can't believe i'm on 1 down and how many more I have to go but Im going to take it session to session. Im going to try and remain positive but anyone that can go through a big procedure like this without numbing creme is hardkore! I got an rx from my dr and had to use the entire tube on my arm and we only hit the top outside tricep area and part of the inner bicep and shoulder area. I still have to have the underside done. we didn't do that in my first sessioin as the pain would have been too severe. Now I'm going through the I'm pissed at myself stage but it is what it is. I'm going to see how this heals and take it session to session. I can only do what I can do and that's all I can do. I'll post pics in abt a week as it is severely swollen and all I do is ice, ice and more ice, take ibuprophen and have been putting on aloe vera.

Blisters

Anyone who's having laser removal get a blister(s) after that keep GROWING? WTH??? it was small and now it seems to keep getting BIGGER its getting out of control. I'm gettin ready to freak out because everytime I look at it it keeps getting bigger.

1 week post 1st last treatment

Ok, it took me approx a week to feel better, however I did have over 74% of my arm lasered for my 1st treatment. I did exp blistering 1 decent sized one and the rest were smaller which lasted a week before they popped. I was dilligent in taking copious amounts of Vit C, Tumeric, Vitamin D3 and Hair, Skin and Nail vitamins not to mention 800mg of advil 3-4x a day as I had SIGNIFICANT swelling! I will take pictures this weekend. I didnt' want to take pictures with the swelling. I did notice some instant spot lighting however I wish it was more then what I have however I'm hoping as the weeks go on it will get lighter. Look for pictures coming shortly. Thanks

1st treatment pics

pictures post laser 1st treatment, 2 weeks after 1st session. The arm is very itchy and raised but he says it looks good. No other problems otherwise. I think its breaking up nicely.

OMFG THIS ITCHING!!

ok, anyone on here PLEASE with advice on the itching. I CAN'T TAKE THIS. I'm going to rub my skin off. It wakes me up at midnight. I've been using oatmeal wash, benedryl and have aloe and NOTHING has worked. I don't want to resort to a steroid from my Dr. but I would take the pain over again and swelling then this itching. Please someone tell me it goes away or I'm done with this!!!