The Long Road Ahead...- Philadelphia, PA

I am gearing up for my procedure on Monday, July...

I am gearing up for my procedure on Monday, July 7th. At first I was excited about it thinking of what I would do as a coverup, but after settling back down to reality and speaking to numerous doctors and people I now realize that I have a very long road ahead of me. One thing I lack is patience. I'm impulsive about everything although I'd like to think I wasent about this tattoo I'm have lasered. I have 8 tattoos including the one scheduled to start laser. I love 90% of them the the one that stands out the most of course is the one I hate the most. I know I will beat myself up in the head over this because I think to myself but i did all my research, I checked out the studio, it was clean and they had all their certificates clearly posted and up to date. Hell their studio was cleaner then 90% of the hospitals out there. My artist had more then 7 years experience and I looked through his portfolio. He wasent the male version of Kat Von Dee or Ami James but his work was good, some were better then others but I had a consult, we talked about what I wanted, showed him pictures, etc. Anyway I could rant on and on, but what's done is done. I just know that I am giving myself anxiety over this first procedure and the rest to come. I hope that by posting my experiences I can help someone else like the blogs on here have helped me decide on going through with starting the procedure.

Here are some pictures of my sleeve that I'll be hoping to lighten enough to do a cover up

1st session done

OMG the pain is the WORST ever!! I'm glad I survived but it sucks. I can't believe i'm on 1 down and how many more I have to go but Im going to take it session to session. Im going to try and remain positive but anyone that can go through a big procedure like this without numbing creme is hardkore! I got an rx from my dr and had to use the entire tube on my arm and we only hit the top outside tricep area and part of the inner bicep and shoulder area. I still have to have the underside done. we didn't do that in my first sessioin as the pain would have been too severe. Now I'm going through the I'm pissed at myself stage but it is what it is. I'm going to see how this heals and take it session to session. I can only do what I can do and that's all I can do. I'll post pics in abt a week as it is severely swollen and all I do is ice, ice and more ice, take ibuprophen and have been putting on aloe vera.

Blisters

Anyone who's having laser removal get a blister(s) after that keep GROWING? WTH??? it was small and now it seems to keep getting BIGGER its getting out of control. I'm gettin ready to freak out because everytime I look at it it keeps getting bigger.

1 week post 1st last treatment

Ok, it took me approx a week to feel better, however I did have over 74% of my arm lasered for my 1st treatment. I did exp blistering 1 decent sized one and the rest were smaller which lasted a week before they popped. I was dilligent in taking copious amounts of Vit C, Tumeric, Vitamin D3 and Hair, Skin and Nail vitamins not to mention 800mg of advil 3-4x a day as I had SIGNIFICANT swelling! I will take pictures this weekend. I didnt' want to take pictures with the swelling. I did notice some instant spot lighting however I wish it was more then what I have however I'm hoping as the weeks go on it will get lighter. Look for pictures coming shortly. Thanks

1st treatment pics

pictures post laser 1st treatment, 2 weeks after 1st session. The arm is very itchy and raised but he says it looks good. No other problems otherwise. I think its breaking up nicely.

OMFG THIS ITCHING!!

ok, anyone on here PLEASE with advice on the itching. I CAN'T TAKE THIS. I'm going to rub my skin off. It wakes me up at midnight. I've been using oatmeal wash, benedryl and have aloe and NOTHING has worked. I don't want to resort to a steroid from my Dr. but I would take the pain over again and swelling then this itching. Please someone tell me it goes away or I'm done with this!!!

I'm not sure what the equivalent would be in the US but here in the UK we have E45 Itch Relief Cream which I've found works wonderfully for the post-removal itching.
Hey there, saw this new review and instantly thought of you, check it out! http://www.realself.com/review/dallas-tx-tattoo-removal-picosure-and-medlite-3-4-sleeve Hope all is well with you! Are you still going through with your treatments?

Hi there! Just checking in to see how things are going, are you planning to continue treatment?

Hi, sorry for the late comment to help you with your itch, but for next treatment you can try a natural remedy that I have tried and it worked, Basil Tea, just take some dried basil and boil water, make a tea, let cool, put in spray bottle.
Please tell me you have not given up. I am just about to start my laser removal journey and I have just as much dense black.
Hi stacey, I was just wondering is it going to cost you 2500 each session?
Glad to hear you have started your sessions! It sounds like it was painful, I feel for ya! I can't imagine having the under arm area hit with the laser...ouch! I see fading already, I feel you will have amazing results. does the guy doing your treatment have a website of before and after removal? Thanks for keeping us updated, and take care :) B11
My doc prescribed me anti-itch pills. Maybe you could request for some. & it'll go away eventually, of course. Just hang in there!
Cortisone... Sorry but that's all that's ever worked for me
Thank you for the reply Barbiedoll this is worst then the actual laser treatment itself imo. I know it will pass but it wakes me up at night. How long did yours last? I've went thru two tubes of cortison bec unfortunatly I have to do my entire arm and the tubes are small : (
Itchy phase can vary between a couple days to couple hours for mine depending on how I've been eating and how much water I've had... I read that itching is a sign of healing but severe itching is a sign of lack of water... Mine is fairly large but not filled in, I have a review up... So it's a good portion of my arm I deal with, I also always swell up really bad...
Itching absolutely is a sign of dehydration. Don't confuse this with whole body dehydration, although for a large segment of the population this is typically also true. If you have itching, drink more water and consult your tech about aftercare. Some suggest Aquaphor, some other topical solutions like Aloe. It's not normal to have intense itching though, and it's possible that you will be scratching while sleeping and causing skin damage during the healing phase.
Are you from gotattooremoval? I think I read the dehydration from u and Ben... Lol
And if not, thanks anyways! :)
Thanks Mike. you would think that working in a gym and drinking water all day I would be adequately hydrated but... oh and as for the itching no, it just wakes me up at night. I'm def not scratching but I'm rubbing my arm that is how intense it gets. I consulted my guy and he said its normal and it too will pass. He basically said to keep taking the benedryl and use Aquaphor. I just can't stand that it will wake me up at night. It comes and goes like at night It will make me up 4 hours after taking benedryl and in the am I'm fine but then at work I'll be fine and all of a sudden it will come on.
no that's not me : )
I just read that you're seeing jack Morton for your laser treatments, JEALOUS!!!! He is one of the best removal specialists, I hear. You're lucky to be so close to him. After seeing pictures of so many people getting full sleeves removed by him, you're assured to be in good hands.
Thanks. I love him! he's the most down to earth person there is in the buz. He truely cares about all his clients because he has been where we all are, sitting in the chair wanting to get rid of a mistake. He got into the business because of so many people like us who have made mistakes want to get rid of it but can't afford 500 per treatment for barley a square inch. Jack really takes care of all of his customers and is always answering my questions. That is why I said it was ok, its just the itching gets to you after awhile but he told me its par for the course. Thanks for the comment about Jack. I know he's the man! : )
I can see the black breaking up in spots. especially in the back photo. You can see the skin parts peeking through the black.
thanks notme123 : ) I think we all know what a long haul this is so its nice to hear some positive comments esp since we see ours all the time so we don't notice it as much.
I have a question, was your sleeve intended to be so dark? I know that one tattoo I have he made it darker then I wanted... Assured me the black would fade but I don't feel like it faded enough which made me want to add to it and "girl" it up some...
No and it wasent supposed to look like a tribal. The moral of the story is, that if you want a flower sleeve of hybiscus flowers for example make sure you check to see how the artist can tatoo them. He may be great a drawing roses but suck at that type of flower. I went in with a japenese style sleeve it was supposed to be black and grey with the flowers. He apparently must have sucked at shading so the grey was looking really horrendous and so he told me that he was going to make the grey black since it would make the flowers pop more. I should have just bagged it then but I unfortunately trusted him and the shop and the owner was there everyday and ya think would have stepped in saying dude your ruining this but whatever its over and done with but NO, to get back to your oriiginal question (sorry for going off on a tanget) but it was not supposed to be so black. The only saving grace is black works well with laser so I'm hoping that this continues to do very well and it won't take as many sessions as I'm thinking.
Oh ok, sorry for the question, just wondered. I know there's a lot of people into tribal and black work... But true, black responds the best to laser... Good luck! :)
That's ok, Barbiedoll90 that's what we are all here for to help each other and answer questions from our own personal experience : )