34 Yrs. Old Need and Want to Lose This Excess Fat :/ - Philadelphia, PA

I weigh 220 and am 5'4 I really feel so overweight...

I weigh 220 and am 5'4 I really feel so overweight. I just want to look and feel healthier. I'm so confused because one minute I say ok I'm doing it I can't wait and then the next I'm not so sure if I want to go through it. I'm scared of the risks! And counting calories is kinda hard for me. Is it worth it?

Backing out!!

I am all over the place have been crying non stop because I'm so confused. I think that I will be backing out and just push myself that much harder with the same diet as now and in the gym. I'm scared of the risks that are involved and I feel like my body is telling me something. I've been stuck in my room for the past three days stressing and analyzing everything. I don't think i'm ready to have this surgery. Have any of you felt this way? Do you think the doctor will give me more time?

Every one seems nice so far.

Agreeing with the others, take your time and you have to be sure it's what you want, not the surgery...but not to be fat anymore. For me I just found it too hard to continue being overweight, I never feel well, and that's enough incentive to swap for the things I really like, candy in front of the TV at night, lots of butter. I'm hoping it will be worth it to be able to have a full life again. Maybe your weight doesn't bother you as much as mine bothers me? If you would prefer to have your social life and do the things you like to being slim then I would say it's definitely not for you. But there are many other things you can try, no solution is the easy way out. Good luck.
I have seen too many people have major problems after surgery. I don't want to live my life that way. I'm choosing a healthier life. I am going to be slim because I'm going to work my ass off to achieve it, but I will not limit myself to not having the option to have a social life. I want to enjoy life and I will!
hi!! im in the process as well! i will be following ur journey!! good luck!!!
Thank you! I'll be speaking today to my doctor and ask him for more time. I'll be eating healthy and hitting the gym for now. Good luck to you in your journey :) I just need to be 100% sure that this is the best choice for me. I'll follow you as well :)
Oh I am also Latina ;)
omg yay!!!! awesome I know someone else who is doing what u are and needs more time to think it through :) thanks! :)
Your Doctor should give you all the time you need, and by the sounds of things you do not sound ready yet. It was one of the best things that I have ever done in my life, I had no pain after surgery, and I only had a little bit of Nausea after my sleeve, but everybody is different I guess, but being in the right state of mind also helps,and you have to get your head around a lot of stuff as this procedure is only a tool to help with your weight loss, as it is something that you have to work with for the rest of your life too. The Gastric Sleeve does work, why do you say you hate counting calories, you don't have to with a sleeve, you can eat a variety of foods you just have to stop when you feel full, and just make wise food choices. I do still have some junk food, but I don't live on it. I hope everything works out for you. It is worth it.
Since I'm so close to my date they put me on a 1000 calories a day for two weeks. It has been really hard. I've started this process in January 2013 and I was never too sure about it until the end of 2013 but now I'm back to not being sure. Thanks and it's good to hear your story. How long have u been out? What about social "night life"?
would love a social night but it would be a little hard as I am in Australia. Where do you live. I had my sleeve in November 2013 on my 49th birthday of all days.....and have never regretted it. Yes the pre op diet is the hardest too I found but your liver has to shrink so they can do your surgery. I am 4 months out now and have a check up this week with my surgeon, I think he will be very pleased with me, I have lost around 18 kg I am not sure what that is in pounds though?.....I was able to buy new under wear the other week and I did not have to buy granny panties.
That is really great!! I am so happy for you, I can't wait to buy new clothes as well. What I meant about social night life is, that with this surgery you really can't go out and a few drinks every once in a while. It's so restricted. I'm going to talk to my doctor today and ask for more time. I will keep eating this way and work my butt off, lets see what happens! Australia wow :) I live in Philadelphia, Pa
That's great to hear, really happy for you. You're right it's just a tool. I just want to make the right decision for me. It's not an easy thing to do with all the restrictions but we'll see.
yes I have found going out a little hard....cannot drink like I used too I now have only a tiny bit of wine now, as alcohol affects me differently now but it does not mean that you can't have it, You can still go out and have a good time, we went out for dinner the other night and had only 1 slice of pizza and I was full. I wish you every success and I am sure you will do what is right for you. I struggle with the drinking thing 30 min before and 30 min after a meal, the only time I do drink with a meal is if I am out, but i only take little sips. I have also found that my taste in certain foods has changed as well. I no longer can stand greasy foods and I don't like popcorn at the movies, so I just have a coffee. Philadelphia wow :) stay in touch and let me know how you are doing. Best feeling ever is going into a clothing store and you can pull something of the rack and know it will fit you for me that is more of a high than having a block of chocolate. Take care
Just take your time and think it through , your doctor should give you as much time as you need.