Happy 50th Birthday to Me! I have a beautiful new flat tummy and beautiful new refreshed boobies. Aging like fine wine!

I am a mom to 3 grown children and nursed each one...

I am a mom to 3 grown children and nursed each one.

I have always carried weight in my belly...like my momma. I spent many years after the birth of my 3 children around 170#'s but the last 6 yrs closer to 140#. I am 5'5 and work out 4-6x a week. I live a very active lifestyle and intend to continue for many more years.

I had upper/lower abd, flank and back lipo in 2011. I love the results WITH clothes on but without clothes my belly is loose, lumpy and bumpy. I knew I should have had a TT initially but wasn't mentally prepared to undergo that level of surgery and I was a slightly higher risk with a kochler scar in my right upper abdomen since having my gallbladder out in 1984.

The surgeon is confident in his ability to perform the TT despite the scar and now I'm ready to do it!!! I think the fact that my lipo was done in 2011 will be an assest to the outcome of the TT.

I got a second job and saved all my pennies to pay cash for my procedure.

I have a 19yo daughter. I struggled with how to tell her my plan while trying not to make her more critical of her own body. She has agreed to be my recovery nurse:)

I will spend 1 night in the hospital.

I will look forward to posting before and after pics ... along with details of my journey.

Pic's 1 month Pre op

5'5 ... 145 pounds. I am on a major work out and healthy eating regimine.
Goal prior to surgey 135 - 140.

T - 24 Days

Had my pre op today. The fun picture taking of my body ... the tummy that I have such issues with...not fun!

All the different thoughts about if I should or should not do this flew right out the window with these undressed, unedited pics up on the screen. My body is a real mess and I do have some major hang ups about it ... I just hope I can bond and love my body after this.

I'm also getting 425cc textured contoured implants under the muscle ... incisions will be under my breasts. I'm borderline lift and probably would probably look great with a lift but to be honest I'd rather not have additional scars if I don't have to ... the new jelly, silicone implants may give me just enough to be happy. Worse case scenario I go back for a lift later which is not as involved since the implants are in and not manipulated.

Never one to not do something because of fear I'm trying to stay chill and think good thoughts but definitely apprehensive and think it will probably continue to escalate ... just gotta keep my eye on the prize!!

I've seen so many amazing results and trust I made a good choice in my surgeon. Now I'm going to let it be and proceed with faith all will work out just as it's meant to and my surgeon will work his magic on me giving me some new kick ass sexy boobies to match my beautiful new tummy to match how I feel on the inside ...

Here's the pic's...on my way to the flat side:) ...

T-14

Took some measurements today ...
Smallest abdominal area - 31"
Belly Button area - 34"
Hip area -37.5"
Butt/thighs - 41.5
Chest, nipple level - 37"

Post Op Day 2

I had my surgery on Monday. TT, MR, BA w/435 cc high profile contoured. textured unders.
Surgery was just under 4hrs wheel in / wheels out to OR. I spent the 1st night overnigt at the hospital with my BFF, who is a nurse, not leaving my side. I cant't even imagine going home the same day as surgery. I pretty much could not even move at all....even to reposition in bed,
My boobies actually hurt the most. They are ginourmos.

Pre op / Post op Pics

Pics

POD 3. Feel great. Sleeping alot. Taking little walk and just chillaxin to let my body heal. So far I am really excited and think my results make me very comfortable in my skin :)
My boobies are starting to soften and although they are still gianourmous I think I will be very happy with them.
I am so grateful for having help to recuperate and having someone there to look after me.

Pic

POD1

POD 4. I feel awesome! I am so thrilled and grateful for this opportunity

I'm on way to my 1st post op visit today. I still am very sore, especially my brand new voluptuous boobies but have no doubt it will all be worth it.
Sleeping is not easy and the muscle pain in my low back is YOWZA at times but that's what meds are for .... I've pretty much kept myself in a comfortably numb state of mind and luckily lined up all my ducklings so I only needed to worry about me for this week. Hope all you ladies preop op, operative today and post op are having a healthy, healing experience as you journey to your new you

Post Op Day 7

I feel great.

1st day home alone. I left my friends house last night. She took such good care of me. I don't think I would feel so good now if it weren't for her nonstop TLC every step of the way.

I am back to work today. Work from home....my head is a bit foggy but its all good.

I am sore as expected. Still a bit hunched over and still with 2 drains. No swelling to mention. ...maybe a bit but nothing to speak of.

I LOVE my results. My boobies still are the most sore but oh boy do I love them. Haha. To think I added them as a extra cuz my belly was my real issue. I also agonized over the size. 435 high profile under the muscle. I was a 36 saggy small c prior. I was borderline lift. I did Not have a lift and I am thrilled. I love the size. As they say I bet I could a went bigger :) but think they are perfect. They still have a ways to go. I'm only 7days out#!

My belly is perfect with a perfect new belly button. My incision is as good as it gets and I'm confident will heal well.

I fell asleep last night and woke up 8 hrs later in the exact same position...I must have been exhausted!

I feel a bit down but to be expected. ... some because I cant run like I want too and still have to rest the body. I will rest and take care or myself to be sure I heal quickly and can get back to my life as scheduled:)

Wishing everyone healthy, happy healing and results that make you smile when you see your beautiful reflection in the mirror!!

I'll add pics tonight.

PS .... I have 0 regrets!!! Other than I shoulda done this 15years ago after my last baby!!

PO pics. all out of order. ...sorry

POD 8

Still with 2 drains. Fingers crossed they may come out by Sat.

POD 10 ... SCAR TREATMENT BEGINS

Scarguard applied like nail polish to the scar 2x daily. Purchased at my dr office for $64.
No external sutures or staples were used in my surgery.
I will post my progress to show effectiveness.
I am still swollen and only 10 days out. I know what I look like now will change dramatically and confident if a nip or dog ear needs fixin' than I'll deal with it after I give my body 6months to heal. I continue to be over the top thrilled with my results!!
I am exhausted early each evening and get lot's of rest!
Best wishes to all my real self sisters. Remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder and what truly makes someone beautiful is the love they show others. To love other's one must love themself first. Keep it real ladies! xoxo

POD 13 ... 2 weeks ago today I was just getting settled in my room for the night

Well ... I went back to work at my "work from home" job last Tuesday and did great resting well each night. Felt awesome all since surgery...totally coping well. Especially well after I was taken care of for the 1st 7 days by anmazing friend.

Both drains came out this w/e ... 1 Fri, 1 Sat ... I was still doing great.

THEN ... I COMPLETELY OVERDID IT Sat physically in the morning. I thought a nap would be enough to recoup after the morning and be ready to go overnight. NADA!

By Sun morning I was truly a HURTIN! pup ... despite ibuprofen alternating with tylenol I was feeling raw in my abdominal area for the 1st time since surgey.
Crying like a baby ... all by myself ...lol

I texted all my kids to let me sleep and put myself to bed with 2 bendadryl for the entire day Sun. I slept 11hrs and felt much better!!!!

Since the drains are out and with overdoing it I am experiencing the SWELL for the 1st time. I'm keeping my tummy wrapped up tight and feeling OKAY today...back to "work from home".

I'm sure I felt so great until now because I was allowing myself lots of REST ... and medicating with narcotics round the clock ... and my drains were keeping me from swelling.

Its so not worth it to try and do too much. I learned my lesson the hard way. I'm going to go back to babying myself and pretty much just work and sleep this week ... tylenol alternating with ibuprofen and benadryl to sleep sound for a few more days ....

In all other ways ... Love my new tummy and boobies!

Hope all you ladies are taking good care or yourselves and letting your body heal!

Measurements POD 14

Well compared to May 5 -15 days pre op to June 3

Smallest abdominal area - 31" - 30"
Belly Button area - 34" - 31"
Hip area - 37.5" - 37.5"
Butt/thighs - 41.5" - 40"
Chest, nipple level - 37" - 39.5 :)
This makes me smile ... Not worrying about weight until I can get more active .... Just trying to eat healthy.

Happy healing ladies !!!

POD 20. I Turned the corner.

Over the last week my tummy tuck surgery discomfort subsided alot, but my right BA pain was making me feel really bad. I was having major nerve pain. My doc gave me Neurontin which made me cra...cra...crazy. I was dizzy and couldn't think straight from 1 dose BUT it helped the nerve pain. I stuck with the med for 3 days and I think it did what it was supposed too...it broke the pain cycle. Today is day 1 completely pain free.

I have not worn a bikini in 25years and then it was only a few times. I'm hopeful I will be comfortable in one after the swelling goes down and I get back to the gym.

I like what I see when I look in the mirror ... I'm still happy I had the surgery. No regrets.

I'll keep posting my progress.

Hope all my Real Sisters are well. If your pre op ... congrats for making the decision. If your post op ... hang in there ... it's a very rough road but does get better.

Most importantly remember we all heal differently ... and swell differently
There will be a day when swelling is in our rear view mirror. Keep looking forward! Kepp it Real ... sisters:)

POST OP DAY 23 ... Hell Yeah!!!

Still wearing a corset but tried on my favorite pants without it to see how things look. Happy, Happy, Happy :)
1st pic ... Preop :(

POD 29 ... 1 month out.

Feel great! Just flabby since haven't really exercised. Started walking and being more active.

I noticed my scar is changing position in areas due to the tension but it still looks good and still fits perfectly under my panties that were used during my preop marking. No complaints!

My scar is starting to get itchy and although my belly remains numb in many areas the feeling is coming back. I use scargard twice a day and massage cocoa butter at night when I can.

My implants are becoming part of me and I have no pain ... No complaints.

It feels like a lifetime ago that I had the surgery. Everyday gets better.

Hope all you ladies are doing well. Happy Healing...

Measurement Update

a… SHOW MORE

Measurements POD 143 Jun 201413 days post

Well compared to May 5 (15 days pre op) to June 3 (15 days PO) to June 18 (30 days PO)

Smallest abdominal area - 31" - 30" - 29"
Belly Button area - 34" - 31" - 30"
Hip area - 37.5" - 37.5" - 36"
Butt/thighs - 41.5" - 40" - 40"
Chest, nipple level - 37" - 39.5" - 38.5"
Scale pretty much the same. ... happy!!!

7 weeks out ...

Feeling 100%. No binder except at gym. Swelling continues intermittently. Can do whatever I want in regards to working out. I have not gotten back to gym consistently yet but trying to get there at least 3 days a week. I do eliptical, weights, squats, planks ans sit ups. Hope to fit classes back in my schedule. I have not had issues with pain or anything else negative from working out. Ive been on long bike rides outside.

Im very happy with my results ... BUT I have 2 more things planned before the end of the year to complete my makeover ... Then Im done with plastic surgery.
1. Butt/thigh lift ... I have a big dent in my butt from a fall resulting in fat necrosis. It bulges funky and I want more fat removed from my lower back/sides/hips ... hoping for a more curved reflection in the waist
2. Fraxel laser of my face ... I am very light skinned and have significant sun damage, poor elasticity and after too many years of smoking alot of wrinkles along with new dark spots.

Measurement tracking ...

I dont wear binder at all anymore ... Swelling is pretty minimal ...
May 5 (15 days PreOp)
June 3 (15 days PO)
June 18 (30 days PO)
July 23 (65 days PO)

Smallest abdominal area - 31" - 30" - 29" - 28"
Belly Button area - 34" - 31" - 30" - 31" ... End of day.
Hip area - 37.5" - 37.5" - 36" - 36"
Butt/thighs - 41.5" - 40" - 40" - 40"
Chest, nipple level - 37" - 39.5" - 38.5" - 38"
Scale pretty much the same. ... Still happy!!!

Saving up for butt/ thigh lift in late fall.

Hope all you ladies pre and post are well!!!