36. Philadelphia, PA

Had a modified wedge this morning. So far so good....

Had a modified wedge this morning. So far so good. I have 9 free days for rest and I'm definitely going to take it. No long walks, only laying down and walking around the house.
Bleeding is already slowing down.
I had general anesthesia, which at the beginning I didn't want, cause I've been reading many reviews and I thought it's not necessary. But my doctor is doing under it so that's what it was. And I don't regret a single bit. It's so much more easier and less stressful.
Procedure lasted an hour. When I woke up, I was in recovery room for 40ish minutes. Started to feel pain, on the scale 1-10,was 4. So the nurse gave me one Tylenol. That helped immediately.
You will need someone to give you a ride. I couldn't even get the procedure done without giving the number of my escort. So any place that would not care about you after the procedure, to me is shady.
After 3 hours in the house I started having some sharp pain. I took one oxycodon. Waited for at be an hour, still in pain so took another. That helped completely. I fell asleep.
Also forgot to say that they gave me an ice pack which I'm using on and off in periods. Helps.
It's 7 pm and I started feeling slight burning, so I took one oxycodon. Feeling good. Icing at the moment and no blood.
Urination is also totally Ok. Though it will burn but it's fine. I always change the gaze and put neosporan on it. Also keep it dry after urination but don't wipe, just tuck.
I'm taking Bactrim 2 per day.
My advice to you is, please don't be guided by the price mainly. Don't go to a gynecologist. Wait a bit longer and save an extra grand or whatever. This is a one time thing and you should not play with your body and health.
I'm adding a before photo. And will take a pic every day.

Day one

Day two

Day 3

Day 4

Month after the procedure

Bumps are still here. Not sure what to think. For the money I payed and for Dr experience, job should have been done better, I think.

One month

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Thanks for keeping your review up to date, I think your results look great. How are you feeling? Thought I would also share this with you, maybe you have some information to add:
HOW LONG BEFORE YOU SAW FINAL RESULTS?
Just between you and I I think your clit hood looks good. Leave it be. I just hope your pain is gone by now. :)
A certain improvement, but why did you not consider having your clit hood removed ? I had mine done several years after my labiotomy and always wished it was done at the same time. Lilian
Honestly I don't know.
Omg you look amazing after. Your Dr did a great job
Thank you so much :) now, after three weeks is much better. I'll post pics soon!
I'm 8 days post op and still have a lot of swelling and pain. I'm doing everything I can to have maximal healing time (resting/ice pack/silvadene cream/drinking plenty of water). I'm still walking around like a penguin though! I wanted to see if there was any words of advice or encouragement you could offer. I'm pretty discouraged right now and am ready to start healing. Think I should call my doctor?
Sandra, my healing process was really very fast. I didn't experience any pain after the first day and could walk and sit pretty normally. But I've read other reviews and some of the ladies are experiencing same thing as you are. I don't think you should stress out too much. If you had a wedge, I heard it takes longer to heal. Btw did you see your doctor at all after the procedure?
Also what I did was taking vitamin c 1000mg per day. I didn't put any cream except for neosporin for first 5 days. And I kept it dry. Hope this helps! Good luck.
You are a blessed woman indeed!! I have a follow up appointment next week. I read a lot of other testimonials last night so I'm glad I'm not the only one still laying in bed still 9 days post-op! Thanks for your help!
My wedge healed very quickly and I had virtually no pain. See your doctor if it still hurts.
She looks to have had a trim. They hurt longer as I have read so I had a wedge too. :)
I just had this procedure done. I'm 8 days post-op now and still have a lot of swelling and pain. I've been resting/lying down all this week and still no improvement. I'm still walking around like a penguin! I'm pretty discouraged right now b/c I thought the healing process was going to be faster. I wanted to know if you experienced any of this or if you think I should call my doctor.
It looks great ! I'm having my done in a couple weeks in Boston. I'm nervous but also very excited.
Good luck! Keep us posted how everything goes.
No you had a Trim. The best Modified Wedge pics on her are @Jennygirl. http://www.realself.com/review/great-results-lip-reduction-labiaplasty A real Wedge does not roll your lip at the edge.
My edges are not rolled up. Everything looks amazing and better and better every day.
They all get better with time but the rippled edge is the sign of a Trim surgery. A proper wedge leaves the edge looking natural and less ripply.
I mean look at my before pictures. Edges are not smooth, not even close. And that's a real natural look. So my trim looks pretty natural to me.
Did you have stitched all the way along the edge of your lip? You look like you had a trim to me. Just curious. Wedge surgery leaves a natural edge.
It looks like a trim to me too. I hope the edges will heal nicely. My Dr explain this procedure to be a modified wedge. She cut the tissue above and below and in the middle she did a V cut. Not sure why.
My doc told me she left a little something because one because it protects our vagina from things and two she didnt want to mess with the clitoris. I dont mind the "extra".I mean we went from having long labias to this, so little irregularities im fine with.not everybodys vagina will look the same.we are a canvas and the doctors work with what they have.so if there is a little extra,it does not mean,EVALEA ,that our doctor messed up.
Yes, I totally agree! Thank you for being supportive.
It's amazing actually. I don't know if it's just my doctor or my body. Probably combo. But I listen to everything they told me and it's really unbelievable. Thank you for the support!