Day 5 of 1st Tray - Philadelphia, PA

So I am on my 5th day with my first tray. The...

So I am on my 5th day with my first tray. The first 3 days were OMG! My mouth was so sore from the edges and the tightness. I couldnt bite down or sleep or anything. Im finally getting used to it. Well as you can see in my pics I have a gap. I had traditional braces when I was a teen obviously I didnt take care of what I was supposed to do and my gap came back. I wanted to close it again but now that I am in the professional world I do not want metal in my mouth during interviews and meetings. So far I can see and feel a difference with the invisalign. The gap of course haven't moved yet but my bottom teeth are starting shift. Oh amd before I forget I had to get 16 attachments. (Attachments are these little resin buttons that go on your teeth to help them move in to place.) My two front teeth has 2 buttons on them I have a ridge on one of my bottom. Ill have more to say in a few weeks. Oh and before I forget I have 23 trays which is supposed to be in for 2 years but hopefully the time is shorter.

Just checking in to see how you're doing!  Hope all is well and going seamlessly :D
Hello, I made it here :D (Thanks for the compliments TwoPlusOne!) Yes, I also have a gap -- The Gap. It is slightly larger than yours. I have 30 trays and 17 attachments but my estimate is 15-18 months, so I wonder if your doctor is including a lot of time for refinements with that time frame. Oh, and the first days were really tough for me too but it's been fine since then. A little pressure and soreness at the beginning of each set, but nothing interesting.
Welcome!  And thanks for adding pictures so we can watch you progress :D.  You said you have 23 trays, but normally that would be just about a year and you said you'll be in 2 years.  Are you wearing each tray for a month, or?

week 2 of 4th tray

So far so good!!! The progress is going well. Haven't had any trouble invisalign wise just on payments but that will all work out in the end. So I am on my 4th tray I will be going into my 5th next tuesday (18th of March). I am adding a picture of my progress so far...I see a bit of a difference. The top left is my first tray and the bottom right is my current.

Hey!! Hopefully you'll have to wear them for half the time. I'm excited for you. I can't wait to start seeing my results. And I understand what you mean about the pain. My first 4 days were Very rough. I look forward to seeing your progress. Oh how often do you put in a new tray? I change every week but I see you are on tray #4 I'm only 2 weeks?
Hello! to answer your question i usually change mine every two weeks so Ive had mine for almost 2 months now. I think youll start seeing results soon How many trays do you have?
They only gave me two to start with and then I go back for the rest. But they said I'll be starting a new tray every week. Oh I'm dreading the thought of going thru that pain every week lol

2nd Day tray 5!!!

kinda behind but im back on track!!! all of my financial things are taken care of so i can continue my treatment....unfortunately i am a month behind so i just started tray 5 yesterday (4/22/14) I had my tray 4 in for 2 extra weeks. but it didnt effect anything because i still stuck to my routine! Heres a pic of tray 5

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

1st n 5th tray

Looking good! My question is, are you going to stop there?
No im closing it all the way I am only on tray 5 of 23 so I have a ways to go
Awesome progress!

tray 8

So today is my first day of tray 8! Im definitely seeing the progress. My gap is slowly closing from the bottom up and my bottom teeth are starting to straighten up more. I really dont have much to say other than that

Are your teeth pinching your gum between now?  They look so close together!
Lol no not yet they arent that close yet they are getting closer at the bottom of my top teeth than the top of them they probably wont start doing that til tray 15
Ah yes, they do look like they're leaning.  That's the first time I've seen that, but it's built into the trays, right?

Half way through...on Tray 14

I just started Tray 14 this week! I am a lil pass half way through (out of 23) Im excited because I am really starting to see progress! here's a pic. the gap is slowly closing it looks closed with the invaslign on but its still there but it is closing.

Congratulations!  Looking fantastic and only halfway.  It's nice that so much of the visible result is attainable so early, so you can go through the rest of your treatment knowing how worth it it'll be.  I wonder what you'll be working in after the next couple of trays have taken care of the gap.  Do you know?
No not yet probably by 18 or 19 I will