26 Yr Old Overlapping Front Teeth Trying Invisalign - Philadelphia, PA

I have been dying to get my teeth straightened for...

I have been dying to get my teeth straightened for years now, and finally saved up enough cash to do it. I really wanted to get porcelain veneers but decided against it because I was afraid they wouldn't blend well with the rest of my teeth and I didn't like the idea of having to touch them up every 10 years. Anyhow I got my first set of Invisalign on Monday and I'm excited to see what my teeth will look like when I'm done. I need 18 trays on top and 39 on the bottom (my premolars are inward) I have a lot of attachments, one on every tooth on top and none on my main teeth at the bottom. I hate the attachments they make me feel like I am wearing braces but what can you do. I also opted to get propel, this treatment where you get holes drilled in your mouth which allows your teeth to move faster so eventually I will wear my trays for only 1 week before moving to the next one. Brings my total cost to $6600????. So #1) the attachments didn't hurt or taste bad (I'd read reviews that said they would) 2) the trays are uncomfortable bc I'm not use to having them in yet. They also need to be filed bc different parts of the plastic is cutting my tongue. I'll be sure to have the dentist shave my next set. Other than that I have no complaints I don't find them as hard to get in and out as other ppls reviews said. I find it fairly easy as long as I start from one side and work my way around when taking them out. I'm Just so anxious to see my teeth when they are done! I'll add pics when I get to my next tray and hopefully I'll get out of the habit of keep looking at my teeth to see if I notice any differences lol.
I looked up the Propel too and read a journal article.  Seems they numb the area before drilling, so you should be fine :D.  I'm hoping to get some info for RealSelf about it, though.  So exciting!  The journal article said it could decrease overall treatment time by up to 62%!  That's the best I've heard.  Super excited to see how it works for you!  And that's a great price if it cuts your time in half.
Just found this re propel http://www.dental-tribune.com/products/875_propel_orthodontics_clinical_trial_results_propel_can_reduce_orthodontic_treatment_60_percent_or_more.html Interested to see how you get on :) did the drilling hurt ?
The link hasn't worked :( if you google : propel dental that will bring up results

Tray 2!

Still no visual progress but at least they dont hurt that bad anymore I'm use to having them now!
So glad you're starting to get used to wearing them! They really suck at first and I know I had second thoughts in the beginning, but it only gets easier! I haven't seen any major results for myself yet (I'm on tray four but have only had attachments for 2.5 weeks) but I can definitely see the parts of my teeth that were already pretty straight looking close to perfect! I can't really explain it but you'll just start to notice your teeth look better even if your main issues aren't noticeably better yet. Best of luck and can't wait to hear/see more about your journey!

Tray 3!

Still nothing exciting happening yet but I get my propel after tray 4 so may 20th I can change my trays once a week! My overlapping teeth should be straight by tray 12!

Tray 4!

Tray 4! Still difficult to see progress but I notice a small difference. Easy peasy putting the trays on and off. 5/20 I get the propel and then can switch trays once a week! Yayyy based on my clin check I should start to see some real progress by tray 6. I'll keep you posted!
OMG!  So excited to hear all about the process!  We want every minute detail!!!
I can see progress as well! That's great that you can change once per week. Look forward to seeing your resutls
Thanks so much Charlene! My appt was moved up so I'm getting the propel this evening! I'll be sure to keep you posted!

Tray 5 and Propel Update!

Soooo the propel was not too bad I was numb so I didn't feel it but I'm a bit sore today, nothing unbearable. I can change my trays after 12 days for tray 5 and after 10 for tray 6. Then once a week from there on out! Last night was a little uncomfortable my mouth was swollen and numb so def don't wanna get propel a few hours b4 you have somewhere to go. Also I only got it on my top row to cut costs (my bottom teeth are already pretty straight) so we shall see! Pics attached!
Thank you for the update!  Was it $500 for just the upper arch?  You mentioned in an earlier update that the propel would bring your overall cost up to $6600…?
It was $250 for the upper so total cost is $6350!
Ah, okay :).  Thanks!  Saving $250 is nothing to sneeze at :D!

Tray 6!

I am now on tray 6 of 18 for the top. I switched into tray 6 last Friday after only wearing tray 5 for a week. I plan to switch into tray 7 this Friday so I'm super excited about how quickly things will move from this point.
You are pretty and have nice teeth.
It's insane, but I love it!!!!  Fast-forward treatment.  Does it feel the same when you switch trays now as it did when you waited two weeks before?
Yup! Still right the first couple days but then Same ol! I get tray 7 on Saturday yay! My overlapping teeth will be completely straight on tray 12 so I'm getting there. Super exciting!

Tray 7

Well moving right along! Propel is amazing. Ive moved into tray 7 after a week and I'm really excited to get to tray 12, that's when my teeth no longer overlap. I have been assigned 18 trays for the top so I'm about way there. I look at tray 1 and am amazed at how crooked my teeth once were and how fast they are straightening out. How did I live like that before lol
Yeah, wow, you can already see a difference :).

And completely unrelated, your hair looks really beautiful in that last pictures :).

Tray 8!

Nothing exciting. I comfortably switched into tray 8 after 9 days. Tray 12 is pretty much straight and tray 18 is the last top tray. I'm almost 1/2 way done. As always I'll keep u posted!
Do you feel the perforations made by the Propel any longer?  Or is that completely healed as far as you can tell?

Tray 9

Slowly but surely straightening out. It's hard to believe my teeth were ever this crooked. Dentist moved me up to switching every 10 days. 9/18 I'm officially half way there!
Definite progress. Keep up the good work. ;)
Thanks!
Fantastic progress! :)

Tray 11!

Wow. Seems like yesterday I was on tray 2! I'm seeing some amazing results and only have 7 more trays. I'm switching every week bc of the propel, so 2 more months then I'm done! I mistakenly put tray 11 on instead of 10 so I basically skipped 10 and go into 12 on Thursday. As always, I'll keep you posted :)
You have the Perfect Hollywood smile now and your teeth are just perfect !! I have the Same Problem with overlapping front teeth :/ but its just too expensive too correct it. Best Wishes
Awe thank you so much! I have 7 more trays to go! Hopefully no refinements necessary. I saved up for 6 years to get them corrected they are really expensive! Thank you for the wishes I really really appreciate them!
Oops!  I accidentally skipped a tray once :(.  I don't know if it had any lasting effects--I think it's impossible to know.  Your teeth look fantastic though, and I agree, it feels like you just started!  Of course, I'm not doing the work ;).

Tray 12

12 of 18 and let's pray for perfectly straight teeth with no refinements! Nothing new happening just continuing my post in hopes that it helps someone! Tray 13 next week!
They certainly look very straight already.  Do you know whether the last couple of trays are overcorrecting?
Yes, 17 & 18 over correct. Hopefully that'll be enough!
Whoop! :D

Tray 13

Well the countdown is officially on. 5 trays to go! My prayer is that all goes well, no refinemints and I can get my top attachments off and just wear my retainer. We'll see. Anyways I'm sooooo pleased with my progress and I'm so close to perfection it's almost surreal. Dr. Tuman is amazinggg!
Your teeth look great! I just read all your progress and I could really tell a difference after tray 8. I'm only on my second tray. I'm going to look up "propel" and see what it does. Maybe I can get that or that "accelerator" I've ready about.
It's also so great to see another accelerated orthodontic modality here.  I hope others find you and know that it exists!!!  You're still the only person I've seen/heard of who's used propel.  Do you know if your doctor uses it with a lot of patients?  Cause I sure wish we had more here!

Tray 14

Straight teeth alas! I only have 4 more trays to go! The last couple of trays will push my teeth back and get them in line perfectly. I'm so excited I can't wait to get my attachments off!
I was all confused cause you said "alas", and then I realized it was a typo and you meant "at last"!  :D  I was all, like, why is she sad she has straight teeth and is almost done?

Looking great!!

Tray 15- Last Tray (Sorta)

I'm soooo excited that this is my last tray! I have three over correcting trays (16,17 & 18) but I'm happy with the way my teeth look and I'm only doing one over correcting tray (16) so I'm officially done on Sept 2. I've been in tray 15 a couple days and I'm so happy I stuck it out with this journey. One of my gums on top of my front two teeth is higher than the other so the dentist will correct that on the 2nd as well. This journey was incredibly expensive but incredibly short and I couldn't be more pleased with the results. I'll still be updating to show you guys the over correction and my gum correction. Can't wait.
Super-star smile!  Absolutely gorgeous result!!!  Would you like me to crop that first picture for you?  I noticed you cropped the others but not that one :).
Oops yes could you crop it for me please and thanks?
I meant please? Thanks! punctuation errors kill me lol

Tray 16- Overcorrection

Tray 16 pretty much looks like tray 15. My teeth are straight they look great. I get my retainer (for my top teeth) Sept 2 along with my gum refinement. Yay almost done!
They really look nice. Congrats!!!
Thank you!
Beautiful but I'm interested to know whether or not you need to continue wearing the trays to maintain the result?

Tray 17 of 18

One tray to go and I'm super excited! My teeth look great and I'm not even sure I want to do the last overcorrecting tray. When I go back on the 22nd I get my attachments off, my retainer impressions and get my gum refinement ($225) Almost done!
Looks great. You should definitely do the last tray: only one more, easy! :P
I notice in a couple of pics your teeth look more even (level horizontally) after the process. That is important to me. Did this change (from beginning) or is this just the picture? Did Invislign correct this for you??
I think that my teeth are pretty horizontal but I don't know if Invisalign did it or I just never noticed before bc that one tooth was throwing everything off. I wanna say that they were pretty even (with the exception of that one tooth) b4 the treatment.

Last Top Tray! 18/18

I couldn't be more excited to write this! I'm on the last Overcorrection and when I go in on the 22nd I get my attachments shaved off, my gums evened out and make the impression for my retainer. How exciting! I still have 21 more trays left on the bottom to move my premolars but my teeth are straight on the bottom so I'm not really concerned about that.
btw your gum line was always higher, before your started this procedure. Amazing results though. I wanna do this soon....
Congratulations!  I still don't get the 21 more trays but we'll see :).  Can you take a picture of just your bottom arch, looking from above, if you have time and get a chance?

Bottom teeth

Pics of my inward premolars. Apparently they are slow to move so I have 21 addl trays on the bottom. Once my bottom teeth form a perfect U shape my bite will be corrected!

Bottom teeth

Thank you for the extra pictures!  Now I see what you were talking about.  And to make room for those premolars to get in line--makes sense now!

Post Invisalign- Gum resection

Today I got my gum surgery and my attachments off and I'm feeling great! In person my gums look perfectly even but in the pic if looks a little off. I'm happy with it, it was painless and cost me an additional $225 so I'm almost $7,000 in on this teeth job! I pick my retainer up tomorrow :)
Did you choose what kind of retainer you're getting?  Your gum lift looks great!  I wonder if it's just angles or something that makes it uneven-looking.  In the one picture from the side it looks perfectly even, certainly.  So glad you're happy with your result.  You look fabulous and your smile is radiant! :D:D:D:D:D
Dr. Michael Tuman

So far so good! Courteous staff and very experienced!