66 Years in Need of Restoration - Mexico, MO

In the middle of the process right now, three...

In the middle of the process right now, three extractions, two implants and 22 crowns. I have ground my permanent teeth through the enamel over the last 60 years and it was time for some serious work to be done. I chose Dental Estetic in Peurto Vallarta. Melisa, my dentist is very conscientious and brought in an oral surgeon to do the extractions and implants. It was their opinion that they could not put the third implant in due to lack of enough bone before my sinus comes into play. I have had my temporary crowns for three days with no pain or infection, which makes for a better vacation. the zirconium crowns are being installed tomorrow which gives me five days for adjustments and anything that might come up. So far so good.

66 Years in Need of Restoration

The zirconium crowns were installed yesterday. They look great. One tooth is a little high and that will be adjusted tomorrow.

66 Years in Need of Restoration

23 crowns and a bridge are in place for a day now and things are pretty good. There is no sensitivity to hot or cold. The left side bite is good and that one tooth will be adjusted tomorrow. Also the implants (2) are doing fine with the stitches coming out tomorrow too. Dr Meneses is very conscientious and wants me to wait 5-6 months to complete the process so the bone is completely formed around the screw. I must say getting an implant seemed like volunteering for complete agony but Dr Meneses and the Oral Surgeon she brought in were excellent in pain management and the whole process was no worse than a filling, just a bit longer.
I do feel lucky that I chose Dr Menses she kept me from choosing too white a color, designed and adjusted my crowns to look natural and similar to my previous worn out teeth, and added height to the bottom and top teeth to put my closed jaw back where it was 40 years ago. One more thing, I can now bite something and it shears off. Previous to the crowns I essentially had molars for front teeth and taking a bite of a sandwich with lettuce in would result in me pulling the sandwich apart because the lettuce would come out as one piece. I know it is a little thing but it is the little things that add up.

66 Years in Need of Restoration

Last adjustment today and stitches removed. My bite closes evenly and both sides at the same time. I am completely satisfied and look forward to next January to finish the implants.

66 Years in Need of Restoration

Received before and after photos from my dentist

66 Years in Need of Restoration

It's been a month and half since the dental work. I have been to my stateside dentist for the bi-annual cleaning, he took new x-rays of my teeth and implants. he had only positive comments on Melisa's work and a few suggestions for when I go back in January.
Dr. Melisa Meneses

The receptionist and Dr both speak English so no communication problems what so ever. I was picked up at my hotel and returned for every visit and even taken to the pharmacy for prescription filling. I would call this full service and very easy. The restoration of my bite and front teeth on the impression of my original teeth by Dr Meneses has given me an extra week to get used to the new thickness of my crowns will have. I don't suppose this was necessary but I appreciate that she did this for me. I have a week to go and anticipate no surprises. I will complete this review in a week.