6 Months Post Op - Perth, Australia

I had my surgery the last day of June 2011. The...

I had my surgery the last day of June 2011. The surgery itself was fine, and pain in recovery moderate.

After a month or so I became concerned that my nose was too upturned, and the nostrils more visible (ala miss piggy), but I read lots of reviews and tried to believe my surgeons remarks that the nose keeps changing for up to a year post op. It was a scary few weeks post op as I was worried my partner would bump my nose, or my own clumsiness at times when dressing or washing my hair. After 2 months the bone felt a lot stronger, and at 6 months it feels as strong as it originally was.

I am sorry I dont have more pictures of the side profile, before and after, but I will try and update these later. It definately has more of a side ski jump, but not overly done, I am so pleased with my surgeon.

Definitely not painless for everyone! And definitely the recovery is uncomfortable.

I had a nose-job in October 2011 & not 100% happy with it at present but it's only been 3 months since my op. Can I ask you though, did the tip swelling take the longest to subside?
Everyone on this forum says such lovely things about my nose, thank you I didnt expect such warmth. I can tell you it keeps changing and refining even after 6 months, so when your surgeon says wait the full year before planning any revisions, believe him or her. At first I could only see the potential negatives, and then I thought it was barely a difference, now I just keep getting more pleased with my surgeons work. My surgeon told me he loves Rhino its his favourite procedure, and he attends the latest (worldwide I presume?) nose conventions to keep his skills improving. That pleased me, and I am glad I went for it.
Australia Plastic Surgeon

Dr Briggs was very honest with me about what could go wrong, and the potential need for further reconstruction if I am not happy within the year. The anesthisist was also excellent and the pain medication supplied afterwards was more than adequate....unlike my BA (different surgeon)where I was writhing in agony for days.