6 Months Post Op - Perth, Australia

I had my surgery the last day of June 2011. The...

I had my surgery the last day of June 2011. The surgery itself was fine, and pain in recovery moderate.

After a month or so I became concerned that my nose was too upturned, and the nostrils more visible (ala miss piggy), but I read lots of reviews and tried to believe my surgeons remarks that the nose keeps changing for up to a year post op. It was a scary few weeks post op as I was worried my partner would bump my nose, or my own clumsiness at times when dressing or washing my hair. After 2 months the bone felt a lot stronger, and at 6 months it feels as strong as it originally was.

I am sorry I dont have more pictures of the side profile, before and after, but I will try and update these later. It definately has more of a side ski jump, but not overly done, I am so pleased with my surgeon.

Australia Plastic Surgeon

Dr Briggs was very honest with me about what could go wrong, and the potential need for further reconstruction if I am not happy within the year. The anesthisist was also excellent and the pain medication supplied afterwards was more than adequate....unlike my BA (different surgeon)where I was writhing in agony for days.

Definitely not painless for everyone! And definitely the recovery is uncomfortable.

I had a nose-job in October 2011 & not 100% happy with it at present but it's only been 3 months since my op. Can I ask you though, did the tip swelling take the longest to subside?
Everyone on this forum says such lovely things about my nose, thank you I didnt expect such warmth. I can tell you it keeps changing and refining even after 6 months, so when your surgeon says wait the full year before planning any revisions, believe him or her. At first I could only see the potential negatives, and then I thought it was barely a difference, now I just keep getting more pleased with my surgeons work. My surgeon told me he loves Rhino its his favourite procedure, and he attends the latest (worldwide I presume?) nose conventions to keep his skills improving. That pleased me, and I am glad I went for it.
i think your nose before looked wonderful! The results came out so beautiful!! very nice!!!
The dr can be found right under her story
I believe it is Dr Patrick Briggs in Australia
Who was your surgeon?
Hi I did have swelling and black eyes for nearly 2 weeks. I didnt wear sunglasses or reading glasses for about 6 weeks as I was scared to hamper the healing. This was open rhino with the bridge straightened and slimmed and the tip revised. I think the bruising comes from the nose being broken, and I am not sure if you are having a hump shaved if thats a simpler process maybe less bruising? My surgeon called mine a bulbous tip, but it really wasnt that bad, I just knew it could look better. I had only noticed a bump in my bridge over the last two years, and when we compared photos that the surgeon had taken in 2006 there was a definate deterioration in my nose, that he put down to aging and loss of fat in the face. I dont have photos of the swelling sorry. Just try and get your affairs in order so you dont have to leave the house for 5 days, after this good makeup should get you out and about, but maybe not to work. Its a wonderful time to take a guilt free break, read and relax put your feet up. Just keep a magnifying glass handy as you wont want your glasses anywhere near your new nose. Good luck I cant wait to see updates from everyone post op.
Hey I really like ur results
I am having rhinoplasty on Feb 3rd 2012
I was wondering if you would upload more pics
I just have a small hump that will be removed nothing is
Being done to my tip.
Anyway I really like ur post op pic.
Thanks
Did you have a lot of swelling? How long did it take for that to go down?
Your 6 month post-op photo: you're beautiful!
Love it
I want mine like urs
thankyou very much x
Hello
Very nice job. Your nose look nice and natural and you look younger too, you're really pretty.
Nice nose job. Enjoy.

Very pretty results--nicely defined! Thank you for sharing your experience with us here on RealSelf! I'm sure your story will help others going through rhinoplasty.