So Far I Love It! - Perth, Australia, AU

So I had dysport almost 5 days ago. Equivalent to...

So I had dysport almost 5 days ago. Equivalent to 10 botox units in the forehead, 25 dysport units I think it was. This is to treat horizontal forehead lines and the serious tension I have in my face. I am 24 years old but the lines are very noticeable. I wake up during the middle of the night and my forehead muscles are contracting, my jaw is also clenched very tightly. Of course I wake up with a headache and orofacial pain which lasts all day. I tried everything prior to Dysport; dry needling, massage, hypnosis, relaxing herbs etc.

The first two days after dysport my headache felt wore than ever. But it is now improving each day and my forehead actually feels more relaxed than it has in 5 years! Also already the lines are improving! So happy with this treatment and cannot wait to see how it goes over the next week. Although I don't have any lines in my glabella, I may get the area treated as well so I will have no upper facial pain anymore.

Photo updates

Argera

I am so glad I found Dr Argie (Dr Xaftellis). I researched and called so many places before making my decision. She is very warm and personable, genuine and is not there to rip her clients off. Also you can tell by her own skin that she does a great job as she does not have the shiny frozen face that comes to mind when you think of botox. You would not get your eyebrows done by someone with bad eyebrows would you? So why would you get your botox/dysport done by someone with frozen shiny face? You have the option to pay per area or units (either may work better for someone else). I went with units which she suggested as I wasn't needing too many. She did not judge me for being in my 20's and getting injections nor did she try to over treat me. She was actually very sympathetic about the bothersome lines and the pain. The procedure was quick and virtually painless, she is very gentle and you only feel a slight sting with the needle. Also she did not hit any blood vessels at all, there was no blood, marks or bruising. Overall very happy to see Dr Argie and will continue to see her, am pleased I had such a good experience with my first time.

thanks for the review I want to go to Argera too and get a consult about what would be best as I'm fairly clueless with this stuff
Newyearnewnose suze, I am learning a lot now. A little to late. Feel free to contact me anytime!
Do go! She is brilliant. You can also see the RN but for my first time I felt more comfortable with a doctor. Up to you. She can treat on the day of consultation if you have no contraindications. I had mine done on the same day, but had also done plenty of research before. I will definitely be going back early next year for more.
Also I recommend using Glycolic acid (not straight after your treatment though). I am using it about 5x a week and I can tell the lines have also improved a lot in conjunction with the Dysport. I would really like to try Hylarounic Acid as well. Dr Argie makes an active skin cream which she sells well priced and going to pick some up at my next visit. It may be better than which I am currently using from Skin Doctors which is a bit too greasy for me.
I went to her yesterday! I was not expecting botox/dysport as a recommendation I was thinking it would have to be fillers or something around the eyes. She reccommended a very small dose and I can't believe I took the plunge. Its the next day and I can still crinkle my eyes. I started looking online here at all the reveiws and noticed there have been a few bad reactions so I'm feeling a little anxious how the next couple of days will be. I picked up the cream that she has made too. Excited to see how that works.
I had no bad reaction and I am soo sensitive and allergic to everything from laundry detergant to chlorine in the shower. I'm sure you'll be fine :) and be patient with the cream. It can also take 2 weeks for the full effect of the botox/dysport to kick in. That's when I really noticed the lines disappear!

Had dysport (poison) Aug 9,2013. Today is Sept 21,2013. I wish I can reverse my bad choice. Had dysport on forehead for 2 wrinkles and my 11's. I now have little holes in my face, dry skin, more wrinkles on my face, one eye is higher than the other. I'm also getting more wrinkles on my forehead. When I smile my right cheek starts to shake. Needless to say I haven't been able to eat sleep do my daily activities. Yesterday I felt the toxin was traveling through my body. My kids said I was yellow. I wish I never did this. I just want to die now! Feel so ugly and old now. Do not get this drug ladies! These posts are real stay away age naturally!!

I've had Botox and Dysport for years almost 10 years now and I am a hair stylist, so I know a lot of women who have also had it done and never have I ever hear ANYONE discribe any of these things you are saying. I don't believe this is a real story.
I wish I was making it up debsmit! It's called an adverse reaction and that is what I was told by Dysport. I wouldn't have done it and not into story telling. I can prove it with pics no reason to make it up!
I am sorry to hear about your bad experienced1 Who did your Dysport? Maybe they were poorly trained or it could have been a fake product (it is meant to be a refined version of the toxin)! I would exercise alot and go and sit in the sauna, it supposedly speeds up the metabolism of the toxin. I hope you have complained to the clinic and health department/consumer affairs.
Ahhhhh! I don't know what to say. Everyone has their own bad experience of Botox/ Dysport. Why would VK fabricate such a mendacious story?
Trevoror, Ty! I'm not making any of my adverse effects up. I regret having Dysport, my injector didn't tell me a one side effect. Believe me when I say my face has fallen and I have more wrinkles. There are other ppl who have had adverse reactions as well. Ive been researching online and have seen before and after pics same as myself face fell and more wrinkles among other things!
VK- When you are comfortable to review pictures of your face, please do so to avoid criticism and scrutiny. Your picture(s) will tell the truth of your story.
Ty Trevoror, I am planning on it everyday my face has a change and it's not good. Dysport really has aged my face, hands, and feet. It is all from Dysport like I have said don't smoke, drink, do drugs of any kind. Been going over pics right before right after and I take pics weekly. I will post and even prove I am not alone w/ adverse effects. The only reason I'm putting my story out here is to save another person from going through this. It's a nightmare, I aged in 4 months and added years to myself. I bend over and my cheeks touch my eyes, my face is a mess now. It's from Dysport. Like I have said over and over if I knew any of this would happen I would of never injected my forehead. For what to look older get sick more wrinkles. Never! If I tell what my side effects are and let ppl know what I'm going through I may save a pretty face from going through this heck! It has destroyed me and who I am. What I look like and my self esteem. Sorry to the doctors on here saying your face will go back that's what's great about Dysport it's not permanent I dont think my face will come back. I've read and seen other ppl w/ adverse reactions since I have been having mine and a few been 2 years since dysport and they didn't return to normal. So I'm telling ppl to be careful w/it, you can have an adverse reaction at anytime. Doesn't matter how many times you have had it or your first like mine. It's destroyed me! I will post pics as well and everyone will see the changes. Wish I would of looked this up before I did this I would of ran out of that office.
Happy New Year VK! I hope things will be better for you for the following year.
Happy new year Trevoror! Things not any better. I just need to face the fact that Dysport ruined me. My face isn't going to tighten back up. Wrinkles not going away. Look older now. Was a happy person before this. Going to be a rough 2014. I know I keep saying going to post pics, but I'm so embarrassed w/ how I look now. Hate looking in the mirror. I don't leave the house. Sorry for the daddy downer! Hope your year is fabulous! You seem like a caring person.. I will get the nerve to post before and after pics. Take care Trevoror!!
All the best VK. Please continue to take care of yourself. I'm pretty sure there is something out there that can fix the problem. Continue to seek help and don't give up. God bless!
I'm happy to hear you are satisfied with your results. I too had dysport and I love the results. Not going back to botox, even though it did help with my headaches.
Is there really a noticeable difference between the two? Although she did seem to think it was softer than botox. I can definitely see a softened look it does not look obvious (so far). Dsyport is helping with my headaches but I do think I need a small amount in the glabella (for headaches, I have no lines there yet..)
Yes! I really see a big difference with the Dysport than Botox. Dysport softens the line immediately and its more effective than Botox.
I agree I just had my eyes anger line nasal folds and chin done around a week ago it's my first time in 10years I've swapped from Botox to dysport I am very happy with results as its seems to kick in quicker must admit having my chin done for the first time I am speaking n laughing kind of differently hoping it will ease up as it being an area I have used it in it is usual at first to get use to although in next month I'm sure it will relax slightly . Like my doctor says you can all dramas in the world but with a bit of Botox or dysport in your face no one will have a clue lol.
I agree with you. I had wasted so much money on Botox, never knew that there was something better than it. I will continue to utilized the Dysport treatment unless otherwise. Best regards.