Profractional Laser Horrible Results - Peoria, IL

I decided to get laser resurfacing because of all...

I decided to get laser resurfacing because of all the sun damage i had on my skin. I am only 29 and now my skin looks 39. Its lost volume in the cheeks, my hypo pigmentation is worse and i have a dent in my cheek. I believe my doctor had the laser set to high, I even heard a loud pop come from the laser when he was doing the treatment right in the area I have the dent.
It really depresses me... I have read all the horrible stories on here.. I don't understand why they are still being used. Just want to warn people. DO NOT DO IT! if anyone wants pictures i have them.

hi i would like to see the pics i also want to do the treatment thaks
Do you have an update?  DId the dent fill in....even slightly?  Hope you are doing well and have found a resolution.
I had laser peel and profractional she said she didn't go that deep it has been 6 weeks (I was only trying to get rid of wrinkles and some fine lines). I stayed out of the sun for 10 days followed all the instuctions and my face looks bad! instead of looking better it looks worse. My complexion looks dirty my chin is super red, the holes from the laser are visible and my forehead starting getting red lines and my cheeks. I went back my 5th week she said I held in the redness and then said I needed Broadband light treatment for the red that turned the left over freckles black which is normal my redness is still there and my face is peeling This is the worse! I wouldn't do this at all!
My derm suggested this procedure for me and I have light skin (sun damaged) with alot of freckles, how does your skin look now, any changes?
I am sorry this happened to you. If you have not, please file a report with the FDA, via their adverse event report filing system. This might help protect others in the future. It is important to have an official record of these injuries so that they are documented. There is no time limit for filing the report. It is never too late to file.

Your name and the name of the doctor will not be on public display but only viewable by the FDA. If you reported this outcome to your doctor it was their obligation to notify the mfg, who was then supposed to file a report with the FDA but that does not always happen. Each patient still needs to file their own report with the FDA so you will have a voice and you can be sure the damage was reported and documented.

You can file the report online at this link below, just click the "Begin" button to the right. You will need the manufacturer and model (or at least that would be helpful) of device that harmed you.

Who was the plastic surgeon?

Hi Peoria -- Click the "Edit" link (right above your review title) to post pics. Our moderators will review them and they'll appear very shortly! Thanks so much for sharing.

thanks. i am trying to post a pic but can't figure out how.?

If you're comfortable posting photos here (by updating your post), I know others will be very interested in seeing them.  Thanks for posting and I'm sorry for your bad outcome.