Hollow Nightmare - Peoria, IL

Make sure your surgeon marks your face while you...

Make sure your surgeon marks your face while you are awake and explains exactly how much fat he/she plans on removing from your eyelids. Do not let them sedate you before you know what to expect. You will never wake up from the nightmare of hollowness. I did many consultations and decided on the wrong Doctor. A board certified facial plastic surgeon! I put my trust in him. I was told he would draw on my face and we would discuss the details of my surgery before surgery. This was not done. I had this Dr. do a facelift, blepharoplasty and subnasal lip lift. All my surgery needs revisions. I just had my eyelids revised with a "Dermal Fat Graft". My eyelid crease was moved to a extremely high position in my initial surgery. (20mm when it should have been 10 0r 11) as well as ill defined eyelid crease. I am in the process of recovering from the revision blepharoplasty with fat graft, before I can move to the next phase of revisions.The cost and mental anguish I have incurred is insuperable. If I had it to do over I would see an Ophthalmic Plastic surgeon for eyelids.

Before and After Photos do not tell the whole...

Before and After Photos do not tell the whole story. Watch out for fancy Web Sites and Guides. What did the patient look like 10 years ago? Does the patient look like his/her former self? These are the question I wish I found out before I entered into facial surgery. I am regretful now that I look nothing like my former self of 10 years ago. I don't recognize the person in the mirror and this is not in a good way. I have a lot of scars and they are not just external. Get referals from other Doctors and Clients. Don't trust just Photos, Guides and Advertisements.

Hollow Nighmare

Anyone can advertise that they are an eyelid expert. It does not mean they are any good at eyelid surgery or really have any artistic talent in it at all. Anyone can advertise they are an expert at anything. Watch out for this. Talk to people who have had work done by the Doctor you plan on choosing. Make sure you and the Doctor are "on the same page". If you bring photos to the Doctor show what you are expecting to look like, make sure he actually looks at them.

Hollow eyelids nightmare

Find a good facial plastic surgeon or eyelid surgeon for your eyes.

I would trust Dr. Ronald Russo, Facial Plastic Surgeon at Rejuvinis in Champaign, Illinois. He has done a lot of revision work for me and I am really pleased with the results. He has also done some additional fat grafting to my eyelids.