Upper Eyelid Surgery - Pensacola, FL

So I have decided to go forward w a consult on...

So I have decided to go forward w a consult on having upper eyelid surgery... My consult is scheduled for Thursday jan 30 ... Iam one of these girls that don't want to wait until I'm real old to have surgery... As I see something creeping up on me I like to take care of it as I need it vs waiting for the older age to determined its time....plus it's cheaper to fix as I go along... Anxiously waiting to hear what the ps says at the consult :) and than set a date if he approves

Decided to schedule surgery

Had my consult today and all went good...I'm excited about scheduling surgery on feb 12 but anxious about having the procedure done awake in the office... I have always gone under for all surgeries. I don't think I could handle the tugging and pressure, but the nurse did it awake and said it was simple and easy. At first wasn't too sure but after speaking w her she suggested if it was ok w Dr. P let me try a Valium at night before I go to sleep and see how I react to it and see if it calms and relaxes me enough to do it in the office vs going to the hospital .. So I plan on taking the pill tonight before i go to bed.... if it does work I plan on calling tomorrow to put the deposit down for the 12th....while I'm numbed up I'm also getting a little bit of restalyne injected by the inner (by my nose)lower eyelid on both sides just to give me a fill since my lower eyes are fine for a long time :) just want a little touch up ...

Price

The upper eyelid is 2900.00 / 600.00 for restalyne total 3500.00

Pics of eyes before surgery

Removing extra skin on both eyes and tightening in brow area along w restalyne in lower on both sides to fill

Doing good cant wait to see the end results

So I went in this am at 1030.... Anxious to do it awake but reassured by several it was vet easy.... The staff was great w me... Dr p marked me in room than they took me into the procedure room which had a comfortable chair.... They had put a topical creme on my eyes to numb me before they gave me any shots to numb my whole eye area... Surprisingly I did not feel any needles except the inner eye which Just had a little sting and burning sensation that lasted about 5 seconds.. I did bring my iPod but decided to not use it ... They already had some serene music playing.... Before dr p did anything he informed what he was doing and what I might feel or hear.... I felt at ease ...I get very anxious and have a low pain intolerance... I could not believe how simple it was ... I did take 3 valiums after I paid the remaining balance and signed all the neccessary paperwork ... If I didn't have the Valium to calm me I wouldn't be able to go through the procedure in the office... Once the numbing dispated I had a little pain and some burning and did take pain pill tonight .... I have been icing non stop accept right now while I'm writing this but will put my ice mask back once I'm done posting here .... I would suggest if your ps offers to do it in the office to do it; it was easy and I saved 1500.00 too ... I'm very happy so far now just waiting for me to heal... My eyes are starting swell a little and they did tell they will be worse tomorrow....

Pics right after surgery

Restalyne in the lowers

I forgot mention in my update he did inject the restalyne in the lowers but not all of it ... He likes to be conservative w it and saved rest of syringe for me to come back in 3 weeks for the rest ... Wants to make sure he doesn't overfill ...dr p is an awesome ps and will definitely recommend him to anyone who's interested :)

2nd day after surgery

Still doing fine no pain ... The swelling has set in ... My right one is swollen more than my left .... No blurred vision other than not bring able to have my contacts in... My eyes are a little dry, but once my husband puts in the drops it's fine ... We put drops in several times through out the day ...the ice mask is comfy and works great ... I did have to use some frozen peas because the first one wasn't cold enough yet.... I did wake up about 130am to put my other ice mask on .... No bruising :)

Day 3 recovery is going well

My right eye is still more sworn than the left .... I feel my healing process is doing great... My swelling has gone down little but since yesterday and still no bruising ;)... I will continue to ice today and than start the got compress tomorrow.... My diet still consists of high protein and lots of fresh fruits( I go through 3 pints of raspberries a day -favorite) .... Ialso drink one cup of my greens plus ....I also drink 3 veggie/berry proteins a day) I usually eat 6-7 times a day normally ....continuing to take vitiamin c, bromelian,alfalfa,and arnica Montana ...I know my results are going to be great... Just patiently waiting for the results ;)

Pic of incisions

Incisions looking good ... In my other statement I will start hot compress after today ????autocorrect ... My phone has its own mind so I apologize for grammar errors

4th day

No changes still look the same as the last pic... Figure since there's no change kind of pointless to post an updated pic today... I did try to make my kids bed yesterday and my eyes swelled up ...., unfortunately even a simple task like that stirred everything up... Just really bored at this point from laying at an incline and not doing anything ...trying to be patient and let my eyes heal ;))

Forgot to mention

Haven't really had any problems w dry eyes except after surgery due to not being able to close them because of numbing .. After reading reviews I decided to buy the optique 1 preservative free by boiron ... I bought 1 box 9.99 at vitamin shoppe they have worked great ... I put maybe only two drops in each eye daily and I'm fine .., once the numbing wore off from surgery my eyes close normal again so no problems with that :) I think that was one of my biggest fear w this surgery but I had faith and trust in dr p ... I have acquaintances and friends who had excellent results w him

5th day post op

The only change swelling is starting to subside and my eyes aren't as red on the lids... Get my stitches out on wed ..1 week out .. I will post new pics than... should be able to see a difference since my last pic :) so far so good no worries

Updated pic

Right still more swollen ... Redness not as bad... Using rest of filler in lowers ... Can see need it more in left lower, but no biggie I know it will be fixed ... Happy and excited

Stitches out today

Hi everyone everything went great today :) stitches came out with no problems ..good report on the healing process ... Still have to take an easy so no gym until another two weeks :( ... I was told to be very gentle around the eye areas not to pull up on the eyebrow region or lowers due to the fact it is possible for the incisions to come apart and have to be restitched .. Very gentle washing my face .. I won't wear any eye make up for another 3 weeks just to be on the safe side not to distribute the area while still healing .. I was told it would be ok 3 days after my stitches are removed but I personally decided to wait :) I will reach out to everyone tomorrow :) so I haven't forgot anyone I saw your messages and thank you for asking how everything went today I appreciate it ;)

Still going strong

Decided to put a little makeup on today and mascara only... Contacts back in yippee :)Eyelashes numb but expected ... Happy Friday everyone

Scars healing good

Healing still going good

Little swollen still ... Scars going through their healing stage ... Another 2 weeks I think before starting to look normal again

Very happy w outcome :))

Pensacola Ophthalmologist

Dr. P MD,FACS Cosmetic Oculofacial Plastic Surgeon is highly recommended and has an extensive background...I always do extensive research on any doctor I choose for any surgery elective or not... To me finding one who specializes specifically in what I'm looking for is important to me along w their credentials. My consult w him today was great. I feel I made the right decision in choosing him (plus I found out several of my friends already had surgery w him and all of them were very happy and had great results)