Love my permalips

So this is my second time around for surgery on my...

So this is my second time around for surgery on my lips...been doing alot of research on Permalip and reading reviews, looking at pics and watching actual surgery on youtube. After gathering all the info. and speaking with my PS decided to move forward with having sugery....I would say though after watching the actual procedure; knowing it can be done in the office awake..i personally decided i would not be able to handle the pressure and tugging. I will be going under twilight, which is no tube in the mouth just by IV but still requires an anesthesia to monitor me. Having a prior surgery scar tissue could be an issue or not will not know until my PS does the actual procedure. The procedure seems to take some docs 30min but I'm scheduled for 1h15min OR time which is fine with me; i rather my PS take his time vs. rushing. So yes if you decide to not go under twilight it could save you about 1150.00. Prior to my one surgery...i have spent in three years (3injections every yr 4725.00 total over 3yrs...What a WASTE of money!!!) I would only recommend injections if you want to see what your lips could look like before any kind of lip augmentation via surgery and if you want a more permanent solution. All of my lip injections lasted about 8mths.....since i have already been through one surgery i know what to expect and how my body handles everything...Ive had other surgeries too and very blessed my body has always healed and no complications. That being said i believe they way one heals is by your health. I work out 5days a week...eat protein(and protein drinks)...drink my super-greens;anti-aging pak along with my daily supplements....I'm supper excited to get my second surgery here and done with and not have to worry anymore about my lips losing their pout again or anymore money down the tube on injections :)) my profile pic is what my lips look like now it was a year after my first surgery(Oct 21,2011), but the pic in the photo with my hubby was 2 1/2 weeks after my first surgery and you can see the difference between the two photos...my first surgery was using my own fascia from my neck, which i did a review on...my lips are bigger than my natural, but didn't maintain and there was a chance my body would re-absorb percentage and it did :(

March 19 2013 had my surgery this am very pleasant...

March 19 2013 had my surgery this am very pleasant experience all around...best money spent and to go asleep and wake up having beautiful full lips....priceless...med 4 on top , large 5 on bottom ... The pain is dull and annoying but once pain killers kick no more :)...pretty much no bruising and swelling is not too bad....took bromeliad , ester c, and arnica Montana week prior to surgery date along w a stricter diet high protein veggies and lots of fruits...using a syringe from the hospital to get my nutrients in me by mixing my on whey protein (vanilla) w naked green drinks/bolthouse farms carrot juice , superblend acai all the flavors that have only natural sugars only ... Drink my meals every two hours 7 times a day to keep my calories at a healthily level ... I do have pics before and after and will post little later ...most likely wed ...if you have any questions please feel free to ask ;) happy to answer and pass along the support ...totally recommend permalips

So it's been 5 days little bit of bruising due...

So it's been 5 days little bit of bruising due talking way too much over the weekend... Healing is going very well getting some movement in my lips ... Lightly kiss hubby today for the first time ... In love w my lips ...

So it's been 5 days little bit of bruising due...

happy with permalip results

its been over 2months; lips are healed - had no shifting of implants or anything...happy ....natural looking no one can tell i had anything done :)

still happy

All healed up and great...but i would like to clear up one thing in a previous update...when i say NO ONE notices that's an understatement most especially if your going out or you have to go to work before a month....HELLO everybody will knows if you return to work after a couple days of surgery; I'm a domestic engineer(nicer way of saying housewife) so i was able to hide out....it takes about a good 3-4 weeks to go down...once you healing and swelling subsides that's when they look natural and no knows i have implants; they look like natural lips....they look like you were born with them....my friends and family know because i told them. So yes people who know you personally and close might notice the difference, but the general civilians have no clue....

Almost a year out

So I've been happy w my results so far....no problems w my lower lip mt top lift shifts to the right every once in awhile but its not noticeable to anyone....I can feel shift I just pinch and it goes back its not really that big deal to me to go back under and have surgery on my to lip...just happy to have some lush lips????
Peter Butler

I choose this PS because i know him and seen his work and felt comfortable and confident he would do an awesome job and take care of me :)

I'm so happy with everything! Dr. Butlers lip implants now have full feelings, my my lip implants aren't as big as I wanted, but I'm very happy with them , Dr Butler did an awesome job.....Dr Lebeau did such a wonderful job on my acne scars and those pesky feather lines above my upper lip, are completely gone! I was told by another plastic surgeon that "smokers lines" could never be taken away. My face looks great, in fact, dr, Lebeau sent a video crew to my house and made a video of me, don't know if he will use it on his website, but will keep you posted.... Really exciting!
Okay, I'm into day three with my new permalips". So far I love them!!!!!!! It looks like my upper lip is a little off centered, but I'm sure it's okay, as far as having the procedure in the hospital or taking pain meds and let the doctor do it that way, ladies, it's the best!!! The anesthesia is about $1,000 more verses having it done in the doctors office, trust me on this, by the time you take the pain meds, you are just happy and I don't remember one thing, not one! Next thing I know is I'm in my bed cross stitching.... It was alike a dream come clear. I cannot wait to get out!
Okay, news flash, someone changed their surgery date sooooo I got bumped up on permalips. No longer the end of March. I go this Friday for pre-op then next Friday I get them! Cannot wait!
I think as we age and those jewels sag, so do the sides of our mouths. Lip implants should not make the sides of your mouth sag.
You could fill in the acne scars with that new long lasting juviderm
Really? I haven't heard of that.
Thank you, that's nice to know, what good are big lips if they are frowning? Hee hee
Dermatologist can do that.
Fitmom, I noticed you had a bird cage in the background, do you have birds?
Yes I have a very talkative green cheek conure named Ollie ... The smallest parrot you can buy without all the dander .. I wanted a Cooktoo the big white one w the Mohawk but they live 65 little to late for us to get one :) Ollie will live up to 25 yrs
That is awesome, I have a baby (8 months) old greenwing macaw that I have hand fed since 3 weeks old. What a trip this bird is. She calls me mommy and talks and wraps her wings around me for a hug, really sweet.
That is too cool ... My uncle has a macaw but wouldn't let me handle him .. Tried to bite me a few times . ... Their beaks are huge and look like they could take a chunk of skin out of your arm .. So I would admire him from a distance lol
Fitmom, I have an appt with dr. Butler on feb. 8th, I couldn't believe there were comments from someone using my same ps! And he did a wonderful job! Alittle scary about it moving, do you have to pay when you go in to get it fixed?
I'm still debating what to do. My tunnels were obviously made on my lip liner and not my wet/ dry line. I think he must have had some creative thinking. 2.5 inches does not cover that much area for a full smile. So it covers 2/3rds of both lips off to the left side. I was scheduled to have them redone, but it was cancelled and I'm going in for another visit with him in a few weeks. Be very clear with your doctor where he will cut you. He ended up cutting in the center of my upper lip, so now I have a scar and lump there.
I know :) i never see in all the research and post i do no one is from the area;except one other.... researching and debating another procedure;which is kind of crazy because i know theirs others in the panhandle area who get surgery done...I tell my friends (local/out of state)when they come up and ask me question....depending what they want done who in my opinion to go to since i research like crazy...i become a little to obsess with it, but i want to make sure im very knowledgeable about everything..dr back ground ...reviews procedure...risks etc...my one good friend didn't come to me and told me she regretted because -no name mention, but when a facility does massive advertising and says their the best ...not true...i have 3 friends who had horrific outcomes(one is disfigured as a result) and the other two able to conceal their damage) from this center and from what they have told me the doctor hasn't really helped to much in trying to fix. Knock on wood ive had any bad outcomes.....as far as my lips the top lip didn't start shifting until a couple months ago and doesn't shift all the time just a little and pinch it back....i researched how it can be fixed and what the they do is put a stitch in to try and close the area or remove the implant and put a new one in. If it was constantly shifting through out the day and everyday it would be a bigger deal for me to have it fix....i plan on talking with butler about it ....i see him on the field since hes my sons lacrosse coach usually 3 days a week during practice and at games....He is a great guy and surgeon...He is very compassionate and staff is great too....they check up on you and will answer any questions or concerns.... I know when you read others reviews it makes you anxious and nervous...some girls on her actually hated them and had a horrible time with them, but i think you have to find the right doctor and sometimes it has nothing to do with choice of the doctor but the individual themselves and if they followed post after care to the T....some girls were eating in my opinion foods they probably shouldn't etc...sometimes it just your body is not happy with having a foreign object placed in it...you have to feel comfortable with your decision and take all that you have read and seen into consideration...the reason i decided to go forward even with those that weren't happy and said don't do it.... i knew it was removable and other options with butler like alleroderm...i cant say if my lips would look normal again for sure if they did remove the implant, but the others did not indicate in their reviews that their lips look awful or stretched...but i would have alleroderm put in if the implants didn't work..yes its more money, but i have confidence with Butler to work with me on a resolution because that the type of doctor he is so i felt comfortable (still a little nervous of the unknown happening)..to answer your questions about paying for the fix not sure i think there's a lot of factors that come into play.... i had another procedure done and a redo and wasn't charged for the redo just had to pay hospital and anesthesia....i believe its up to the doctor and your case....keep me posted :)
so sorry to hear your having problems and know that must be frustrating and whats the best possible solution. At this point im not having my upper lip fix because its not that big of deal for me to pinch every once in awhile.....In my first lip augmentation with my own fascia from inside on both sides of the neck my ps did cut the center on top and bottom as well as corners inside my mouth to tread the fascia through and placement...i didn't have any problems with bumps in the middle other during the healing process, but with messaging it breaks up any scar tissue forming and it smoothed out fine...i was very happy with this surgery , but i knew there was a chance that my body could asborb it back or stay completely, but you never know....i wish i did know otherwise i wouldnt have spent the money plus i had to pay for the permalip surgery to refill them vs going back to injections which i did for a long time and wasted tons of money....between all the injection in my lips and two surgeries it cost me little over 10,000.00 (injections every year starting 2007, 1st lip surgery 2010, 2nd Permalip 2012) over the years :(.......Butler doesn't cut in the center of lips for placement just inside corners.....Good luck ... prayers sent your way :)
oops 2013 had permalip surgery(not 2012)....not use to it being 2014 yet and good old brain fart too
Thanks so much. I'll keep you posted!!!
Thank you, that info really helps...... Do you have a before pic? All your pics are after...... Thanks a lot!
I glad to help. That's what we are all here for, right?
No problem ... Wish you luck and butler will do a great job ... He does not cut in the middle so no worries there only inside corners
My main profile pic of me is what my lips look like before the permalips which you can view closet on my profile
Are you getting your lips redone .. How did your consult go .. What did you decide
My consult went wonderful, I thought I put comments on here about it. Anyway, it went great and I love Dr. Butler, perfect mannerism, very knowledgable and seems to care about your needs. Quite honest, which is a very rare commodity in his field. We all like money, but he makes you feel genuinely like he is looking out for you. I paid my deposit and my pre- op is March 13th and my surgery is March 28th, but if anyone cancels they will call me sooner. I can't wait!
No. I'm not getting lips redone. I was getting the juvderm filler about every six months, very costly. Dr. Welch did my lips and I got a co2 fractional done on my face. Dr. Welch is a great dermatologist as well. I went to Dr. Butler due to reviews and his website, and of course his proximity. anyway , I really wanted a bigger mouth but just couldn't keep up with the price not to mention those shots he gives you, they hurt more than my dentist! But I liked Dr. Welch. Hey, does anyone use Latisse for eyelashes? If so I've got some really good info on that product.