Love/hate Relationship - Pensacola, FL

I got one whole syringe of restylane in my lips. 2...

I got one whole syringe of restylane in my lips. 2 days later I was in love with the size that they were, but that was just some swelling that was still going on. Nobody really noticed it unless I pointed it out. If your lips are very thin like mine, don't be hesitant about getting more than one syringe. I ended up getting another 1/2 syringe of a different filler that is supposed to be thicker (juvederm xc). I recommend everyone getting juvederm xc because it was only a tiny bit more in price (maybe $25?), so it's definitely more bang for your buck. I feel like I'm going to have a love/hate relationship as far as fillers for my lips go, because $1,600 a year for something that's not even extremely noticable is a pretty hefty price tag. I'd like to look into doing something permanent, but haven't heard good things about lip augmentations?

I'm thinking of getting restalyne but only .3ml - I don't want it to be obvious. Did you feel like 1ml made a big difference and people noticed?
I'm gonna tell you what, my Dr. had mine gone at am amazing price, and I never noticed my lips were not assmetric to one another. My 20 year son, who knew nothing of my "alterations" or did anyone else, except my son giving me grief over "Duck Lips". I thinks he is !00% correctand she should complete the surgery, no charge. I even held a "party" to promote her, but people were disapointed by my lips. Which I replied, they wern't finished, but in fact they were finished!
How long did your swelling last, 2 days?
Yea! 2 days max.
Thank you. I got it done yesterday and the Dr and staff really downplayed the swelling, so this a.m I was HOPING its swollen!!!! side this a.m it seems tobegetting a little better, but I was in a panic this morning. thanks again!!
so*
Sorry, I see now...should have enlarged the pics. :P Look much better 1 week out, after swelling went down.
I actually think your lips looked great before...natural, subtle, did't distract from the rest of your face.
I haven't added a 'before' picture. The first 2 pictures that uploaded upside down are from the actual day of getting restylane & the last picture was 7 days after the injections.
But I'll try to find & upload a picture of my lips before any restylane so that it'll be a true before/after comparison. My mom says she likes my lips natural too!

Yeah, fillers can get pretty costly quickly can't they?

Have you checked out our Lip Implant community? We also have a community dedicated to lip augmentation in general that you could cruise through looking for other options.

Do you think you would consider doing an implant, or does that seem too extreme to you?

It doesn't seem too extreme to me. The filler may just be too much maintenance for me personally. I definitely need to check out the lip implant section. Thank you!