Distorted - Pennsylvania, PA

I am 9 months post Sculptra and have experienced a...

I am 9 months post Sculptra and have experienced a delayed immune response to this product. The injector was a dual board certified facial plastic surgeon. From the very beginning I noticed considerably more growth on the left cheek in comparison to the right cheek. Now I am experiencing constant burning and inflammation on the larger side. This is due to overfill on his part. I know this is my own immune system responding to the foreign agent.

Anyone who gets this procedure is taking a big gamble on their appearance and on their health. Please reconsider another procedure. Why take the chance?

My face is now disfigured. I chose the provider because he was dual board certified and specialized in the face.

My injections where 1,5 year ago and it totally changed my face, I was a good looking woman, now i look ugly, gross and totally different and overfilled. I still feel my face is growing although i lost a lot of weight. I dont feel it will ever go away and i will look like me again.
You are not alone. I am at about 1.5 years now as well. Some of the volume has gone down but the bulk that is left is far from attractive. It has changed my facial shape entirely.
I just want to say-as it has been said elsewhere--The doctor could be the best injector in the world--and it will ultimately come down to how YOUR body deals with this foreign substance. While I keep seeing people say it is the same material as used in sutures I rather doubt the amount of sculptra injected over time is the same amount that would be used for sutures. I'm just saying be careful and maybe stick to things that have a better safety record. Yes Sculptra is longer lasting and it can look quite natural but you never know if you are going to be one of the ones with long term and sometimes very serious side effects that are diffult to manage. Why not stick to other things that may not be as long lasting but there is less chance of problems. Everything can has some risks but some seem to more problematic then others
Well said Ethan!
I hope people who are considering Sculptra read this first and reconsider to a more safe type of filler. At least if they don't like it, it can be removed. Not to mention the inflammatory response that goes on in the system from this evil moneymaker.
I agree. I am 5 years post sculptra and still have problems after several surgeries and disfigurement. What a horrible product it is! Megan P there are no answers, believe me I have looked everywhere. this common result is "difficult to manage". How can this continue? where are the medical doctors? where is the FDA?
There are so few doctors that consider the safety of their patients. Our system is corrupt. The profits override the health of the public.

I am so sorry to hear what is going on for you. Is there anything you have been advised to do to help with the burning and inflammation?

My arrogant ps told me my face is fine. He is playing dumb to the damage he helped cause.