Distorted - Pennsylvania, PA

I am 9 months post Sculptra and have experienced a...

I am 9 months post Sculptra and have experienced a delayed immune response to this product. The injector was a dual board certified facial plastic surgeon. From the very beginning I noticed considerably more growth on the left cheek in comparison to the right cheek. Now I am experiencing constant burning and inflammation on the larger side. This is due to overfill on his part. I know this is my own immune system responding to the foreign agent.

Anyone who gets this procedure is taking a big gamble on their appearance and on their health. Please reconsider another procedure. Why take the chance?

My face is now disfigured. I chose the provider because he was dual board certified and specialized in the face.

I read an article about biofilm problems with these fillers. You'll have to look it up. Some of the symptoms that people are having sound like the problems that arise from this biofilm. Its an infection that never goes away AND....it could happen months AFTER your injections! I am worried because I have gotten fillers for the last three years. I am really afraid to do them again after reading this article. The article I read said that this biofilm is resistant to antibiotics. It also stated the way that doctors can help prevent this from happening, is to start antibiotics before the filler is injected......just like some people have to take antibiotics before dental procedures. Some doctors aren't even familiar with this biofilm. Just please check it out for your own sanity. Good luck to everyone who is having problems with lumps, swelling, etc. weeks after the injections!
There are some methods to bust Lyme Disease biofilms using various herbs, so that the antibiotics can do their job. I don't know if it would work for the Sculptra, but it's worth a try. Holistic Biofilm Dissolvers Serrapeptase – Serrapeptase is an enzyme produced by serratia bacteria in the intestines of silkworms. The enzyme only dissolves dead or damaged tissue such as Fibrin, the building blocks for Biofilm. Once the enzyme dissolves the fibrin, Borrelia is exposed to antibiotics and the immune system. Lumbrokinase – Lumbrokinase is an enzyme produced by earthworms. It is commonly used for breaking up biofilm by dissolving the fibrin that it consists of. Lumbrokinase is said to be more powerful than Nattokinase. Nattokinase – Nattokinase is an enzyme produced from Natto, a Japanese food made from fermented soybeans. It is commonly used for breaking up Biofilm by dissolving the fibrin it consists of. Conventional Biofilm Dissolvers Tindamax – Tindamax is a prescription drug capable
Are you doing better searching4?
Did you have an injection site reaction? I have some odd discolored lines that swell up occasionally. My face looks like a geometry project.
My injections where 1,5 year ago and it totally changed my face, I was a good looking woman, now i look ugly, gross and totally different and overfilled. I still feel my face is growing although i lost a lot of weight. I dont feel it will ever go away and i will look like me again.
You are not alone. I am at about 1.5 years now as well. Some of the volume has gone down but the bulk that is left is far from attractive. It has changed my facial shape entirely.
I just want to say-as it has been said elsewhere--The doctor could be the best injector in the world--and it will ultimately come down to how YOUR body deals with this foreign substance. While I keep seeing people say it is the same material as used in sutures I rather doubt the amount of sculptra injected over time is the same amount that would be used for sutures. I'm just saying be careful and maybe stick to things that have a better safety record. Yes Sculptra is longer lasting and it can look quite natural but you never know if you are going to be one of the ones with long term and sometimes very serious side effects that are diffult to manage. Why not stick to other things that may not be as long lasting but there is less chance of problems. Everything can has some risks but some seem to more problematic then others
Well said Ethan!
I hope people who are considering Sculptra read this first and reconsider to a more safe type of filler. At least if they don't like it, it can be removed. Not to mention the inflammatory response that goes on in the system from this evil moneymaker.
I agree. I am 5 years post sculptra and still have problems after several surgeries and disfigurement. What a horrible product it is! Megan P there are no answers, believe me I have looked everywhere. this common result is "difficult to manage". How can this continue? where are the medical doctors? where is the FDA?
There are so few doctors that consider the safety of their patients. Our system is corrupt. The profits override the health of the public.
How many treatments of sculptra did you have? Has your face recovered since your last post?

I am so sorry to hear what is going on for you. Is there anything you have been advised to do to help with the burning and inflammation?

My arrogant ps told me my face is fine. He is playing dumb to the damage he helped cause.